Detroit - Ann Arbor meet. Let's make it happen.
Dec 14, 2010 at 2:34 PM Post #16 of 218
@todd@tk7.net

would LOVE to try out your p-51 mustang since that's what's probably at the top of my list for portable headphone amps!

maybe this time we could just meet somewhere neutral just to get to know each other so storrgie would see that we're not crazy and THEN he would host it his house
gs1000.gif

Dec 14, 2010 at 6:44 PM Post #17 of 218
If you can think of a "neutral" meeting place, I'm all for it.  It won't happen until this gets decided.

Dec 15, 2010 at 12:52 PM Post #19 of 218
At this point we just need someone to host.  I think the location is irrelevant so long as they're in AA or Det areas

I nominate uglijimus lol

Dec 15, 2010 at 2:27 PM Post #21 of 218
I really wish I still lived in Michigan right now -well maybe not (it's too cold), but attending the mini meet would be a lot of fun...  Hope you guys can find someplace acceptable for it.  Maybe you should ask Jude.  He does live in Michigan, after all.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Dec 15, 2010 at 3:07 PM Post #22 of 218

Quote:
I really wish I still lived in Michigan right now -well maybe not (it's too cold), but attending the mini meet would be a lot of fun...  Hope you guys can find someplace acceptable for it.  Maybe you should ask Jude.  He does live in Michigan, after all.
very_evil_smiley.gif

I lived in Japan too a few years ago and I used to say the same thing everytime I'd read one of these meeting posts.  You're always welcome back!

Dec 15, 2010 at 5:03 PM Post #23 of 218
For me, it'd probably have to be late in the month (January). The first half is pretty much zero chance for me.

If we do it in Metro Detroit, we could probably have it at my office again. We've had several meets and mini-meets here. Mind you, there's a much bigger mess of servers piled up in the back area (those of you who've been here know what I'm talking about), but I might be able to move those around to make that area at least somewhat more accommodating than it is at the moment.

Dec 16, 2010 at 9:30 AM Post #25 of 218
What a generous offer Jude! 

Whatever date works for you would be great!

Dec 16, 2010 at 4:42 PM Post #26 of 218
Okay, let's tentatively plan for late January 2011.  As for how lavish and impressive Head-Fi HQ is:  It's neither lavish nor impressive.  We're in an industrial park, in the office of what used to be one of the industrial shipping/receiving operations of a big company--the furniture, carpet, and everything else came with the place (as did the "look"--it's shipping/receiving chic, which is to say not chic at all).

I think we have approximately 1500 square feet total, but not all of that square footage is usable for meets.  We've made it work before, though, and I feel quite sure we can make it work again.  We'll probably limit the number of people who can attend (our numbers around here are such that I don't remember having to ever turn anyone away in the past, and don't anticipate having to do so now).

I'm looking forward to seeing you guys relatively soon here.

Dec 16, 2010 at 7:56 PM Post #27 of 218
Awesomesauce!

I will most definitely attend. Thanks for stepping up again, Jude!

Dec 17, 2010 at 2:17 PM Post #28 of 218
If its late January then count me in - though I might have to leave mid-afternoon for other obligations....I'm traveling from 3 hours away (Midland area)...looking forward to meeting and listening to all your great stuffs!

Dec 19, 2010 at 1:03 PM Post #30 of 218
count me in Jude, great offer

Users who are viewing this thread

Back