Detroit - Ann Arbor meet. Let's make it happen.
Dec 4, 2010 at 4:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 218

Kibble Fat

100+ Head-Fier
EDIT:

Quote:
It will be held at the A2 Mech Shop, 240 Parkland Plz Ann Arbor, Mi.
Link to a google map of the Mech Shop. 
http://tinyurl.com/26h957y
The map does not show the drive way to the building, but its there. You may park in the lot to unload, but they would prefer if you park on the street (don't worry its a short walk). There are two doors on the building we are going in the 2nd. Let me know if you have any questions about directions of parking.

It will start at 3pm, and if anyone wants to come early and help set up I could use a person or two. I will bring some drinks (water and pop), if you would like anything else please bring it. I was thinking of skipping food because I would like to go out to eat after the meet. If anyone wants to come along and eat talk and have a few drinks that would be great and we can talk about that at the meet. 

Thanks,
Walter

Just posting to gauge interest.   I wouldn't mind if it's just 3 of us; it's always fun to audition new equipment! 

Date and location are TBD.

I'm thinking it should be held at the house of whoever has the most immobile gear in the Metro-Detroit / Ann Arbor area.  A rec center or church would also be fine.

Eric 

Dec 4, 2010 at 10:01 PM Post #3 of 218
Ok, well I guess the location is inconsequential for most of us, it just depends on who is willing to host.    As for the date, we need more votes
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 5, 2010 at 1:31 AM Post #5 of 218
If someone had at least one portable amp, I would definitely show and bring what I have so everyone could have a listen.  It wouldn't be much though
frown.gif

Hope we can get some others interested, I've been waiting for this for a while!

Dec 5, 2010 at 1:11 PM Post #6 of 218
I'd prefer Ann arbor but wherever it is works. I can bring my dark voice and a few tubes, a few cans, and an iPad with dock for source. Maybe if it all works out ill have a zero dac/amp too This is gonna be sweet if it all works out.

H

Dec 6, 2010 at 10:14 AM Post #8 of 218
I just found out my wife's baby  shower is the 29th of January, so any of those other dates are fine for me.  I will bring my D2000 and my meizu M3 player.  I will put any song on it that anyone requests so you can preview it at the meet.  hope this actually works out!
smily_headphones1.gif

I wish I could re-vote so I could put the 15th as a favorite date.

Dec 7, 2010 at 2:20 PM Post #9 of 218
Jim, congratulations on the baby shower! I hope it'll be just as much fun for you as for your wife =). If meet happens, I can bring my ibasso D10s to try out with your meizu's.

Billy (bhd812), great to see you on this thread. Billy did an AMAZING job as the main organizer for ChiUniFi. Hopefully, your aura will rub off on getting this meet off the ground!

Dec 7, 2010 at 2:43 PM Post #10 of 218
I will come to the best of my ability. I would say that I will host but I would like to meet everyone once first then maybe next time. I have quite a bit of fun stuff at my house.

Dec 7, 2010 at 3:06 PM Post #11 of 218
@boynamedsue

I would love to heard your ibasso, and @kibble fat, I would love to hear your mini-3 as well!
Looks like we have a lot of people interested, but still no host?

Dec 7, 2010 at 8:05 PM Post #12 of 218
lol that is correct.  I think more people would be inclined to show up if it were held in AA.  If it comes down to it, I could figure out a way to host it at the rec center by my parents' house in Huntington Woods, MI (10mile & Woodward).  As more people sign up for this, fewer people are willing to host :) 

I may sell my RE-Zeros at this meet if anyone is interested.

Dec 8, 2010 at 10:14 PM Post #13 of 218
I would come if in Ann Arbor

Dec 13, 2010 at 2:30 AM Post #14 of 218
Someone needs to host this thing.  If I try to host, the best case scenario would be having it in a room of my local high school.  The local rec was too expensive and the living room / dining room area at my parents' house would make for a very cozy meet.

Dec 13, 2010 at 3:26 AM Post #15 of 218
I would prefer Ann Arbor, but I'd try to attend any of the dates in either location. Being new to the site and the world of headphones, I really look forward to seeing different types of gear.
L3000.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back