Oct 25, 2021 at 12:24 PM Post #46 of 102
Oct 25, 2021 at 3:25 PM Post #47 of 102
Dtr1+ and Tender 1

Attachments

• IMG_20211010_220310_484.jpg
    IMG_20211010_220310_484.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 0
Oct 25, 2021 at 7:29 PM Post #48 of 102
How does the Dethonray Tender 1 compare with the Timeless? I have the Timeless and am intrigued by the Tender 1.
I think the Tender 1 is by far cleaner, smoother and an accurate earphone. A reference earphone in my opinion.

Oct 25, 2021 at 8:28 PM Post #49 of 102
I think the Tender 1 is by far cleaner, smoother and an accurate earphone. A reference earphone in my opinion.
Not reference to be honest

Oct 26, 2021 at 3:00 PM Post #50 of 102
Jan 26, 2022 at 9:11 AM Post #53 of 102
Hello guys, I would like to buy either the Tender 1 or the Tinhifi P2 Plus. I'm not exactly sure about the height reports. I have the Hifiman Edition XS and I actually really like the heights. Ok it could be a little but just a little less. As a source I use the iBasso DX 312. So it has enough power. What advice can you give me? Rather Tender 1 or P2 Plus? Visually, I like Tender much better. But what to do with the sound?

Jan 27, 2022 at 12:19 AM Post #54 of 102
Hello guys, I would like to buy either the Tender 1 or the Tinhifi P2 Plus. I'm not exactly sure about the height reports. I have the Hifiman Edition XS and I actually really like the heights. Ok it could be a little but just a little less. As a source I use the iBasso DX 312. So it has enough power. What advice can you give me? Rather Tender 1 or P2 Plus? Visually, I like Tender much better. But what to do with the sound?
Tender! Smooth and nature! But you have to have a good DAP, this gear need more power.

Tender2.png

Attachments

• Tender1.jpg
    Tender1.jpg
    546.3 KB · Views: 0
Jan 27, 2022 at 12:51 AM Post #55 of 102
I am already aware of the power. My Hifiman Edition XS only needs one thing: juice juice juice.... As much electricity as possible. But the DX 312 has that. It has more power than the Dethonray Prelude 1+. I also want to buy it later because of the form factor for on the go and the absolutely analogue sound.

Jan 27, 2022 at 1:41 PM Post #56 of 102
What advice can you give me? Rather Tender 1 or P2 Plus? Visually, I like Tender much better. But what to do with the sound?

Haven’t tried the P2 Plus so not the best person to answer this, but what I can say to anyone looking to get the Tender 1 (apart from needing lots and lots of power and burn in) is that I’ve never encountered an IEM that sounds so different depending on the tips and cable.

I got mine some time ago, against the advice of several people who seemed disappointed with what they heard. The variation in opinions was frankly baffling and sometimes contradictory.

It sounds beautiful now and I don’t regret my purchase one bit, but when I rolled it through dozens of tips and cables, I realised it ran the gamut from thick and soupy to honky to thin and shouty, just depending on what I put on it.

Thankfully the stock black tips and stock silver cable turned out a good match for me. The Tender 1 may have one of the most limited accessory sets in the market but Dethonray clearly chose carefully and chose well.

P.S.: Last thing to add, the blue is gorgeous and really hard to photograph accurately. Even Dethonray’s own product shots don’t do it justice.

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2022 at 8:00 PM Post #57 of 102
Thanks for the information. Yes, that's true, the test reports are really not that meaningful and contradictory. It is also definitely due to the fact that the Tender 1 was not burned in long enough or was fired with too little power, if I read something about smartphones and DAC dongles. That with a planar IEM. That can also be nothing. I like the blue one a lot too. I've actually already decided to buy the tender. And later the Prelude 1+.

Jan 28, 2022 at 10:45 PM Post #58 of 102
Haven’t tried the P2 Plus so not the best person to answer this, but what I can say to anyone looking to get the Tender 1 (apart from needing lots and lots of power and burn in) is that I’ve never encountered an IEM that sounds so different depending on the tips and cable.

I got mine some time ago, against the advice of several people who seemed disappointed with what they heard. The variation in opinions was frankly baffling and sometimes contradictory.

It sounds beautiful now and I don’t regret my purchase one bit, but when I rolled it through dozens of tips and cables, I realised it ran the gamut from thick and soupy to honky to thin and shouty, just depending on what I put on it.

Thankfully the stock black tips and stock silver cable turned out a good match for me. The Tender 1 may have one of the most limited accessory sets in the market but Dethonray clearly chose carefully and chose well.

P.S.: Last thing to add, the blue is gorgeous and really hard to photograph accurately. Even Dethonray’s own product shots don’t do it justice.
What can you tell me specifically about the high-frequency range. Are you missing something? So I'm not a high-pitched junkie. With the Hifiman Edition XS, that's too much of a good thing for me to listen to for a long time. It's tiring after a long time.

Jan 29, 2022 at 1:10 PM Post #59 of 102
What can you tell me specifically about the high-frequency range. Are you missing something? So I'm not a high-pitched junkie. With the Hifiman Edition XS, that's too much of a good thing for me to listen to for a long time. It's tiring after a long time.

I’ve been away from over-ear headphones for several years already so my recent experience is limited to IEMs. This treble is smooth and non-fatiguing. No sibilance. It’s not the energetic sparkly hyper-detailed kind of treble for sure. And while it’s not the star of the show, it’s definitely there - its presence is pretty subtle but if it feels too veiled or rolled off, try cranking up the gain.

I like the blue one a lot too. I've actually already decided to buy the tender. And later the Prelude 1+.

Great! That’s my plan as well, at least with the 1+.

Jan 29, 2022 at 1:28 PM Post #60 of 102
Today’s rig - lush, textured, musical and made for long listening.

1BDE7808-AC01-4735-85C0-C7E5C0352639.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back