Dethonray Tender I - Earphones
Jan 29, 2022 at 11:06 PM Post #61 of 102
My Tender setup, there's no such thing as too much juice for this iem.
• Dethonray amp HA2
• Dethonray usb dac Honey H1 with Tender firmware.

PXL_20211030_024231316.PORTRAIT.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2022 at 12:36 AM Post #62 of 102
I am aware that the tender requires a lot of power. But my DX 300 with Amp12 has a lot more power than your Dhetonray amp. And also more juice than the Prelude 1+.
Do you miss something in the high-frequency range? Does the tender sound too dark and dull? What about micro details? The decision is really difficult. Everyone in the iBasso DX 300 thread advises me against the tender.

Jan 31, 2022 at 8:28 PM Post #63 of 102
I am aware that the tender requires a lot of power. But my DX 300 with Amp12 has a lot more power than your Dhetonray amp. And also more juice than the Prelude 1+.
Do you miss something in the high-frequency range? Does the tender sound too dark and dull? What about micro details? The decision is really difficult. Everyone in the iBasso DX 300 thread advises me against the tender.

In my opinion, nothing missing in the high range. It does sound warm which I prefer, not dull but lively..... Micro details are there...very accurate...they produce what's is there I believe. These are some tracks I used for testing high freq range on Tidal, but links are also on YouTube.

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2022 at 9:15 PM Post #65 of 102
Many thanks for the answer. I think I'll risk it and order it after the Chinese New Year. Actually, only one tester was so negative about the heights. What source are you using? Preludes 1+ ??
You are welcome, I believe you will enjoy them after the long burn period which was 150 hours for me. Source is the combo/stack SMSL M400 dac and SMSL SP400 amplifier, and sometimes just the Meridian Explorer 2 dac.

Jan 31, 2022 at 9:58 PM Post #66 of 102
You are welcome, I believe you will enjoy them after the long burn period which was 150 hours for me. Source is the combo/stack SMSL M400 dac and SMSL SP400 amplifier, and sometimes just the Meridian Explorer 2 dac.
Thank you very much. I like your taste in music too. I hope the tender also goes well with my DX 300 with amp 12. But the AMP 13 with tubes will be coming soon. This could be something fantastic together.

Feb 19, 2022 at 9:37 PM Post #67 of 102
Thanks for the information. Yes, that's true, the test reports are really not that meaningful and contradictory. It is also definitely due to the fact that the Tender 1 was not burned in long enough or was fired with too little power, if I read something about smartphones and DAC dongles. That with a planar IEM. That can also be nothing. I like the blue one a lot too. I've actually already decided to buy the tender. And later the Prelude 1+.
Tender vs Volt?

Feb 27, 2022 at 4:52 PM Post #71 of 102
Tender vs Volt?

Just saw this. Quick comparisons that come to mind. Both have excellent mids and are very enjoyable choices for vocals. Volt, being a hybrid, has better bass and treble extension (well-implemented EST drivers are such a pleasure); Tender, being a planar, is faster and cleaner although you don’t get the kind of bass pressure and slam that you get from Volt’s DD bass. Volt has the bigger soundstage; Tender is more intimate. Both require very long burn in, especially the Volt for the treble. Tender requires more power to shine than the Volt.

Mar 13, 2022 at 8:36 AM Post #73 of 102
After 1 month waiting i got yesterday my Tender. Now i will them burn in for 150-200 hours. After 20 hours burn in i hear some minutes.
Fantastic !!!
I’m excited for you! It only gets better.

Mar 14, 2022 at 5:40 PM Post #75 of 102

Users who are viewing this thread

Back