Dethonray Pegasus SG1 - BT DAC/Amp Combo
Mar 11, 2023 at 10:47 AM Post #241 of 693
Pairings

Screenshot_20230311-151406_Gallery.jpg

Dethonray Pegasus SG1 paired with Tangzu’s Wan'er SG

Jeff Golub: Cold Sweat

The presentation of the bass is as good as I have heard the Wan'er SG with any other device. The inexpensive Wan'er SG sounding great on the Pegasus SG1. The mid-bass is rich and well defined with hints of sub-bass. Particularly given the bassist's running bass and lots sliding along the strings, you get residue of vibrant sub-bass.

Mids are satisfyingly full without sounding like bleed from the bass notes, just well rounded. You hear the interplay between lead guitar and bass go seamlessly, then sudden burst of the saxophonist and (I believe) trumpets.

The highs are virtually in the background, except the occasional keyboard as though in conversation with the guitarist. The drummer goes about his or her business giving steady rhythm then the pauses on the track, the drummer throws in a few mellow cymbals notes, at some stages with the saxophonist but on close listening those cymbals are busy giving the track shimmer right through the track.

Despite the steady tempo this is a busy track with lots going on but it comes across as a nice and open presentation.

Enjoy your music!

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2023 at 11:57 PM Post #243 of 693
service@dethonray.com should work!
The other ones on the website don’t! Had the same experience!
The order is going to take a while, but you wouldn't regret it, the craftsmanship is top tier and a bang for your buck.
Anson is extremely helpful and friendly is well, I am sure he will help you with the order.
Good luck
Anson got in touch with me and told me to order from the Dethonray site on AliExpress. I have already ordered from there and the only color they have is red. I guess he's working on his next projects and doesn't have the time to make made to order cases anymore.

Mar 12, 2023 at 3:10 AM Post #244 of 693
Anson got in touch with me and told me to order from the Dethonray site on AliExpress. I have already ordered from there and the only color they have is red. I guess he's working on his next projects and doesn't have the time to make made to order cases anymore.
Red is still an awesome colour, anson didn't make the case itself, I assume he ordered a batch from the leather craftsman to skip waiting time and ship the leather case asap.
As the leading time for my order was quite long, if they have red colour in stock, it's no brainer to just purchase it and skip the pain of waiting endlessly.
Just found a photo for your reference

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230201_203944_AliExpress.jpg
    Screenshot_20230201_203944_AliExpress.jpg
    856.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Mar 12, 2023 at 4:50 AM Post #245 of 693
Mar 12, 2023 at 11:05 AM Post #246 of 693
Red is still an awesome colour, anson didn't make the case itself, I assume he ordered a batch from the leather craftsman to skip waiting time and ship the leather case asap.
As the leading time for my order was quite long, if they have red colour in stock, it's no brainer to just purchase it and skip the pain of waiting endlessly.
Just found a photo for your reference
service@dethonray.com,

Contact him directly! He is very nice and like to share some products info with audiophiles! :L3000:
The red does look pretty cool. The Dethonray site is the only place that has pegasus sg1 cases. They don't have them on eBay, Amazon or any other site that I've seen.

Mar 14, 2023 at 6:18 AM Post #250 of 693
Anybody paired the Pegasus with Dethonray Tender 1 planar IEM ?

I have the Tender 1 and like them a lot off a Mojo, Gryphon or Diablo and wondered if the Pegasus was worth considering being a stablemate for the Tender 1.

The Tender 1 take a fair bit of power, the Gryphon is often at around 80-90, how is the relative power of the Pegasus ?

Frankly I am not particularly sensitive to differences in DACs and amps so any difference between the Pegasus and the gear above would need to be pretty noticeable to be worthwhile for me.

Thoughts ??

Mar 14, 2023 at 9:48 AM Post #251 of 693
Anybody paired the Pegasus with Dethonray Tender 1 planar IEM ?

I have the Tender 1 and like them a lot off a Mojo, Gryphon or Diablo and wondered if the Pegasus was worth considering being a stablemate for the Tender 1.

The Tender 1 take a fair bit of power, the Gryphon is often at around 80-90, how is the relative power of the Pegasus ?

Frankly I am not particularly sensitive to differences in DACs and amps so any difference between the Pegasus and the gear above would need to be pretty noticeable to be worthwhile for me.

Thoughts ??
I would recommend pairing the tender with either H1 (Tender/Ultraman firmware) or SG1 Gold, u won't go wrong with these two options.
Disclaimer: I personally don't own the tender and my suggestion is based on info shared by tender owners in the Chinese community, and the photo for your reference.

Attachments

• mmexport1678801625295.jpg
    mmexport1678801625295.jpg
    750 KB · Views: 0
Mar 14, 2023 at 10:03 AM Post #252 of 693
Gold riding 470 ohm load like a champ.

20230314_100038.jpg

Mar 14, 2023 at 9:22 PM Post #253 of 693
I would recommend pairing the tender with either H1 (Tender/Ultraman firmware) or SG1 Gold, u won't go wrong with these two options.
Disclaimer: I personally don't own the tender and my suggestion is based on info shared by tender owners in the Chinese community, and the photo for your reference.

I understand that the information is anecdotal but it is a lot better than I would otherwise have, appreciated thank you.

Mar 14, 2023 at 10:44 PM Post #254 of 693
What is going on with the second headphone jack of the gold version, I understand only 4.4mm is supported.

Are they both 4.4mm there and functional ?

The pictures here seem to show a couple of variations of something stuck in the second port but I can't make out what it is.

Mar 14, 2023 at 11:09 PM Post #255 of 693
What is going on with the second headphone jack of the gold version, I understand only 4.4mm is supported.

Are they both 4.4mm there and functional ?

The pictures here seem to show a couple of variations of something stuck in the second port but I can't make out what it is.
Well, I don`t have the special edition, but my impressions from the pictures is, that the gold version is using the same housing as the standard SG1 (except of the different color) - and because due to the missing 3,5 mm output the second "output hole" stays empty- so there is a kind of rubbery "placeholder" installed to cover it up. In the first batch the placeholder appears to be made of some sort of red rubber or plastic...while pictures of the newer batch show a golden metal part?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back