Dethonray Pegasus SG1 - BT DAC/Amp Combo
Mar 9, 2023 at 4:57 PM Post #226 of 693
My review of the Pegasus SG1 is up.

Let me know if you share my views or not.

Screenshot_20230224-021119_Gallery.jpg

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/dethonray-pegasus-sg1.26154/reviews

Mar 9, 2023 at 10:25 PM Post #228 of 693
I recently bought the zx300 to pair with dethonray sg1, I would say this set up sound way better than using the phone alone, the sound is more dynamic, better soundstage, the bass is more crisp, which is a big wow in my opinion, as I though the sg1 is fantastic when paired with my phone.
The zx300 is priced very reasonable, especially for second hand, it's smooth operating experience and non android system, which are all the driving motivation to try out this set up.
As per one of the previous mentioned about the Sennheiser bt dongle, I just bought one online and I can't wait to give it a try, let's see how it compares with zx300.
And The iem in the photo is the shozy phantom with upgrade cable, which is my go to set up recently as it works wonder with the sg1.

Attachments

• IMG20230310111315.jpg
    IMG20230310111315.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Mar 10, 2023 at 9:36 AM Post #229 of 693
I recently bought the zx300 to pair with dethonray sg1, I would say this set up sound way better than using the phone alone, the sound is more dynamic, better soundstage, the bass is more crisp, which is a big wow in my opinion, as I though the sg1 is fantastic when paired with my phone.
The zx300 is priced very reasonable, especially for second hand, it's smooth operating experience and non android system, which are all the driving motivation to try out this set up.
As per one of the previous mentioned about the Sennheiser bt dongle, I just bought one online and I can't wait to give it a try, let's see how it compares with zx300.
And The iem in the photo is the shozy phantom with upgrade cable, which is my go to set up recently as it works wonder with the sg1.
Could you talk a little bit more about why you like Phantom with SG1? I'm considering getting B2 Phantom myself.

Mar 10, 2023 at 9:55 AM Post #230 of 693
Do you use the zx300 and your phone with the same BT codec? Then there should be practically no difference between them as source for the SG1?

Mar 10, 2023 at 12:51 PM Post #231 of 693
The case on your SG1 looks gorgeous, which case is it?

Mar 10, 2023 at 9:04 PM Post #232 of 693
Do you use the zx300 and your phone with the same BT codec? Then there should be practically no difference between them as source for the SG1?
I was using ldac codec for both mobile phone and zx300, the weird point i can tell the difference when using different sources to connect with sg1, especially when I use different frimware on zx300, the firmware is more or less the tuning, but the zx300 is definitely way better as a source when compare to my Android phone, I couldn't tell the reason for the superior result, is it the hardware or is it the fact that zx300 is running Sony's OS which allows for better result?
But the zx300 is a reasonable purchase, $160 only for second hand at mint condition.
M y next plan to get wmport to USB type c, I want to connect it to the dethonray h1, it should be interesting.

Mar 10, 2023 at 9:06 PM Post #233 of 693
The case on your SG1 looks gorgeous, which case is it?
My one is the same as all the other guys who have them in this thread, we get them through contacting Anson.
But I was being silly and request a small opening instead of a large opening despite large opening has the advantage of better bt connection.

Last edited:
Mar 10, 2023 at 9:34 PM Post #234 of 693
I was using ldac codec for both mobile phone and zx300, the weird point i can tell the difference when using different sources to connect with sg1, especially when I use different frimware on zx300, the firmware is more or less the tuning, but the zx300 is definitely way better as a source when compare to my Android phone, I couldn't tell the reason for the superior result, is it the hardware or is it the fact that zx300 is running Sony's OS which allows for better result?
But the zx300 is a reasonable purchase, $160 only for second hand at mint condition.
M y next plan to get wmport to USB type c, I want to connect it to the dethonray h1, it should be interesting.
Technically there shouldn’t be a difference. Because the source only sends data. And whatever source you use, if it uses the same BT codec, it should send the exact same data to the SG1 (BT chips are standardized and certified)! The „sound“ (well, analog signal that then is given out by your headphones) gets produced by the SG1‘s DAC chip and Amp/Output- section in both cases, so it should be the same!
If there really is a difference it’s hard to explain. Could be a setting of your phone, streaming app or some kind of downsampling etc. ?

Last edited:
Mar 10, 2023 at 9:43 PM Post #235 of 693
My one is the same as all the other guys who have them in this thread, we get them through contacting Anson.
But I was being silly and request a small opening instead of a large opening for better bt connection.
Did you experience a worse reception because of that?

Mar 11, 2023 at 1:10 AM Post #236 of 693
But I was being silly and request a small opening instead of a large opening for better bt connection.
How do you contact Anson about getting a case? I've tried all of the email contacts in this thread and on the Dethonray web site and have never gotten a reply back.

Mar 11, 2023 at 3:01 AM Post #237 of 693
How do you contact Anson about getting a case? I've tried all of the email contacts in this thread and on the Dethonray web site and have never gotten a reply back.
service@dethonray.com should work!
The other ones on the website don’t! Had the same experience!

Mar 11, 2023 at 5:46 AM Post #239 of 693
Did you experience a worse reception because of that?
No major difference during normal usage. I wish to know is well, I was playing the same song, same bt codec, the only difference is the player.
I was wondering whether it's the problem with the operating system.
Honestly, I am no expert in this matter, all I am doing is to spread my finding and allows owner of zx300 or wm1 to give it a try.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back