Dethonray Pegasus SG1 - BT DAC/Amp Combo
Nov 22, 2022 at 9:23 PM Post #122 of 693
Thanks, buddy
I searched the reviews of DETHONRAY today. It seems that DTR1 and H1 are very popular. I know a local audiophile who already has sg1 and I will try to listen with my earphones tomorrow. Thanks again for your kind answer!
Glad to hear that you have the chance to demo both dtr1 and honey, it's always better to demo a product before commiting to it.

Nov 23, 2022 at 8:48 AM Post #123 of 693
Glad to hear that you have the chance to demo both dtr1 and honey, it's always better to demo a product before commiting to it.
I tested SG1 today. The combo was far exceeded my expectations, especiall T5 with SG1 and the performance was much better than hd650! It's hard to believe such small size, with a sense of power and good musicality.Because I once had an Ifi Diablo for one year, Diablo is more powerfull than sg1, but it is not as warm and delicate as sg1. I like black very much, but DETHONRAY said that black is out of stock, so I will choose other colors.

Nov 23, 2022 at 6:25 PM Post #124 of 693
I tested SG1 today. The combo was far exceeded my expectations, especiall T5 with SG1 and the performance was much better than hd650! It's hard to believe such small size, with a sense of power and good musicality.Because I once had an Ifi Diablo for one year, Diablo is more powerfull than sg1, but it is not as warm and delicate as sg1. I like black very much, but DETHONRAY said that black is out of stock, so I will choose other colors.
I am glad you enjoyed the sg1 as much as I do, sorry to hear black is out of stock.
However, I have no regret in getting purple, despite i am a big fan of black, the purple on the sg1 is elegant and not too bright, and it looks high end in my point of view.
On the other hand, green is a bit more bright, which reminds me of apple iphone, looks a bit more tech orient.
You wouldn't go wrong with these two colours, as I have seen them both on hand.

Nov 24, 2022 at 7:18 AM Post #126 of 693
I am quite interested in the SG1 and have some questions:
- Which bluetooth version has this and does multi device pairing work well?
- Can anyone do a detailed sound comparison to BR7, Go Blu and/or UP5?
Thanks! :)

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2022 at 10:45 PM Post #128 of 693
I am quite interested in the SG1 and have some questions:
- Which bluetooth version has this and does multi device pairing work well?
- Can anyone do a detailed sound comparison to BR7, Go Blu and/or UP5?
Thanks! :)
BT 5.0 . Working well with iphone, Mac Book, DAP and android phone.
I have BTR7, the sound quality is clear and powerful. I used go blue for about a week because of the noise issue. The sound of sg1 is warm and delicate.
If you prefer small size and good sound, 7 is a good choice. If you like warm and lush sound, sg1 is very good.

Nov 27, 2022 at 5:18 PM Post #129 of 693
Does anyone have the same odd issue? When the sg1 is turned on and off continuously, the LED indicates that the connection is successful, but there is no sound. However, it does not always come out. I think it is not a hardware problem, but more like a software bug, or what is wrong with my use habit. I am very satisfied with the sound of the SG1. I have been using it for several days and feel that the USB dangles in my hand are not good anymore. :)

Nov 27, 2022 at 9:16 PM Post #130 of 693
Does anyone have the same odd issue? When the sg1 is turned on and off continuously, the LED indicates that the connection is successful, but there is no sound. However, it does not always come out. I think it is not a hardware problem, but more like a software bug, or what is wrong with my use habit. I am very satisfied with the sound of the SG1. I have been using it for several days and feel that the USB dangles in my hand are not good anymore. :)
it could be avoided!If it is turned on again immediately after shutdown, be sure to wait until the LED is off during shutdown, and then turn it on again. Otherwise, the connection will be normal. The keys will work, but there is no sound.

Nov 28, 2022 at 12:31 AM Post #131 of 693
it could be avoided!If it is turned on again immediately after shutdown, be sure to wait until the LED is off during shutdown, and then turn it on again. Otherwise, the connection will be normal. The keys will work, but there is no sound.
Totally agree.
Anson told me the same, as I had the same problem.
We need to wait a sec or two before turning it back on.

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2022 at 1:46 AM Post #132 of 693
Totally agree.
Anson told me the same, as I had the same problem.
We need to wait a sec or two before turning it back on.

Thanks! It works!
Got red leather case just now, the workmanship is very good!The surface of SG1 is delicate, so it is necessary to have a case. :)

1669790531676.png

Dec 2, 2022 at 12:37 AM Post #134 of 693
Blind buy!
I am glad you enjoyed the sg1 as much as I do, sorry to hear black is out of stock.
However, I have no regret in getting purple, despite i am a big fan of black, the purple on the sg1 is elegant and not too bright, and it looks high end in my point of view.
On the other hand, green is a bit more bright, which reminds me of apple iphone, looks a bit more tech orient.
You wouldn't go wrong with these two colours, as I have seen them both on hand.
Thanks! Finally, I chose green, which is better than the black texture of the last audition. The surface is very delicate,like iPhone! Gold and green are matched, and few products are used, so green sg1 is very unique! I can't wait to try my IEMs and cans at the weekend!

1669959359541.png

Dec 5, 2022 at 12:29 AM Post #135 of 693
Blind buy!

Thanks! Finally, I chose green, which is better than the black texture of the last audition. The surface is very delicate,like iPhone! Gold and green are matched, and few products are used, so green sg1 is very unique! I can't wait to try my IEMs and cans at the weekend!

1669959359541.png
The green looks good on the photo, shame the photo do no justice.
As the actual colour looks better when seeing it upfront.
Anyway, enjoy your experience on the SG1
Let's hope you would have as much fun as i do with this little beast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back