DETHONRAY HPAMP HA-2 CLASS A (16 - 600ohm) Portable IEM Headphone Amplifier
Dec 21, 2019 at 1:21 PM Post #16 of 230
That has nothing to do with the HA-2, it's thread crapping. It's a thread about the HA-2. Derailing the thread on page 1 is not a good start. Back on topic, please.
You here to debate or make propaganda ?

Dec 21, 2019 at 2:51 PM Post #17 of 230
Maybe time to get rid of my Mojo setup... Which I only use for driving a pair of old AKG I have (600 ohm). :)

Dec 21, 2019 at 4:15 PM Post #18 of 230
Dec 22, 2019 at 4:06 PM Post #19 of 230
No problem to drive a old planar like the LCD-X. Low gain, 50% volume and great sound. The DTR1 and the HA-2 is a powerful and revealing combo. It makes a good match with the LCD-X. I would be cautious using a bright headphone with that dap/amp combo.

Interesting are also the 2 blue dots. I first did not connect the 6.3 to 3.5mm adapter properly and eventhough the sound was ok, the blinking blue lights informed me that the connection wasn't perfect. Nice!

Using the LCD-X with that combo is a very satisfying experience. Clean and detail sound, the LCD-X is not veiled at all. But, to be honest, there still is a distance from a mid-end desktop set-up as I usually use (Isotek Aquarius, Denafrips Ares and Violectric V280), when listening to CDs or digital files via Audirvana.

image.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2019 at 5:03 PM Post #20 of 230
No problem to drive a old planar like the LCD-X. Low gain, 50% volume and great sound. The DTR1 and the HA-2 is powerful and revealing combo. It makes a good match with the LCD-X. I would be cautious using a bright headphone with that dap/amp combo.

Interesting are also the 2 blue dots. I first did not connect the 6.3 to 3.5mm adapter properly and eventhough the sound was ok, the blinking blue lights informed me that the connection wasn't perfect. Nice!

Using the LCD-X with that combo is a very satisfying experience. Clean and detail sound, the LCD-X is not veiled at all. Still, to be honest, there still is a distance from a mid-end desktop set-up as I usually use (Isotek Aquarius, Denafrips Ares and Violectric V280), when listening to CDs or digital files via Audirvana.

very good impressions, it makes the HA-2 more interesting, I would be happy but I don't know if it would be fair to compare the Dtr1 + HA-2 combo with the IFI Micro BL, I want to think that the first wins the tests, but I can't say nothing if I do not have both configurations in my hands at the same time ... but the price difference becomes unfavorable for the Dtr1 + HA-2, this could change if the quality is superior to justify the price against the IFI Micro BL

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2019 at 5:13 PM Post #21 of 230
very good impressions, it makes the HA-2 more interesting, I would be happy but I don't know if it would be fair to compare the Dtr1 + HA-2 combo with the IFI Micro BL, I want to think that the first wins the tests, but I can't say nothing if I do not have both configurations in my hands at the same time ... but the price difference becomes unfavorable for the Dtr1 + HA-2, this could change if the quality is superior to justify the price against the IFI Micro BL
A very difficult question to answer unfortunately... I never heard the iFi Micro BL, cannot tell. What is your budget, what is the sound signature you like and what are your drivers? We can start from there.

Dec 22, 2019 at 7:53 PM Post #22 of 230
No problem to drive a old planar like the LCD-X. Low gain, 50% volume and great sound. The DTR1 and the HA-2 is a powerful and revealing combo. It makes a good match with the LCD-X. I would be cautious using a bright headphone with that dap/amp combo.

Using the LCD-X with that combo is a very satisfying experience. Clean and detail sound, the LCD-X is not veiled at all. But, to be honest, there still is a distance from a mid-end desktop set-up as I usually use (Isotek Aquarius, Denafrips Ares and Violectric V280), when listening to CDs or digital files via Audirvana.

whoahh, thanks for the impression!

I am having my Xduooxd05plus (with burson V5idual) DAC/AMP, it is also well known for its power, any comparatiom please?

Dec 23, 2019 at 3:59 PM Post #23 of 230
whoahh, thanks for the impression!

I am having my Xduooxd05plus (with burson V5idual) DAC/AMP, it is also well known for its power, any comparatiom please?
That would be a great battle!! I never heard it unfortunately... it looks nice and sturdy, this Xduoo. Figures are one thing, but a real comparison would be better. Just one thing to think about, the Xduoo is Amp/Dac under the same chassis and HA-2 is a standalone amp. Depending on circuitry, it could make a difference, but nobody will know before testing... I am very curious now, thanks @chaotic_angel :)

Dec 23, 2019 at 7:59 PM Post #24 of 230
That would be a great battle!! I never heard it unfortunately... it looks nice and sturdy, this Xduoo. Figures are one thing, but a real comparison would be better. Just one thing to think about, the Xduoo is Amp/Dac under the same chassis and HA-2 is a standalone amp. Depending on circuitry, it could make a difference, but nobody will know before testing... I am very curious now, thanks @chaotic_angel :)

Pleasure as mine. despite 2 different functionalities, I am keen to hear the comparison of sound out via the headphone out and the driving power of each one. Hope anyone read and have both the item can post it. :)

Dec 26, 2019 at 7:12 AM Post #25 of 230
Boxing Day stack. Doesn’t get any better than this.

Dethonray DTR1 Prelude (source)
> Toxic Cables Silver Widow interconnect
> Dethonray HDA-HA2 Class A amplifier
> Final Audio E5000

The HA2 is a sheep in wolf’s clothings. Such a beast of an amp in a petite frame. If it can power the very power hungry Final Audio E5000 monitors, quite sure it can power and drive well, any headphone short of desktop class ones.

09B6FC83-FEC3-4B41-BEE6-7ED969F7AAD9.jpeg

A30C843E-790F-44C5-B74B-DF8C710D1915.jpeg

Dec 26, 2019 at 8:41 PM Post #26 of 230
Boxing Day stack. Doesn’t get any better than this.

Dethonray DTR1 Prelude (source)
> Toxic Cables Silver Widow interconnect
> Dethonray HDA-HA2 Class A amplifier
> Final Audio E5000

The HA2 is a sheep in wolf’s clothings. Such a beast of an amp in a petite frame. If it can power the very power hungry Final Audio E5000 monitors, quite sure it can power and drive well, any headphone short of desktop class ones.

nice one Kenny!

how if you do direct plug to DTR1? in Hi Gain of course...same result?

Last edited:
Dec 27, 2019 at 11:49 AM Post #27 of 230
nice one Kenny!

how if you do direct plug to DTR1? in Hi Gain of course...same result?

Direct plug of the Final E5000 to DTR1 and direct plug to HA2, have slight difference.

On DTR1, the E5000 sounds punchier and more authority in the mid bass slam.

On HA2, the E5000 sounds softer but remains very refined sounding, but staging is wider and there’s more air in the presentation.

Need see how much will evolve after say after a few charges on HA2. But at the moment I’m loving the stack combo. Somehow it makes the DTR1 sound complete.

results on high gain. The E5000 really loves drinking lots of power.

Dec 27, 2019 at 1:05 PM Post #28 of 230
Direct plug of the Final E5000 to DTR1 and direct plug to HA2, have slight difference.

On HA2, the E5000 sounds softer but remains very refined sounding, but staging is wider and there’s more air in the presentation.

Need see how much will evolve after say after a few charges on HA2. But at the moment I’m loving the stack combo. Somehow it makes the DTR1 sound complete.

I second that statement

Dec 29, 2019 at 10:13 AM Post #29 of 230
Dec 29, 2019 at 9:54 PM Post #30 of 230

Thanks Kenny, the poison of HA2 is getting stronger here LOL - I bet it also drives heavy weight planar just fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back