Dethonray Honey H1 - USB DAC/AMP
Mar 15, 2022 at 9:06 PM Post #962 of 1,004
Maybe it’d be easier if I showed you how far I got:
6C5D8EDA-3A9B-4655-B4D6-D26C468DDFBA.jpeg
Not install windows driver! we have same experience. Find the spec: Honey quickstart.pdf,then following page 7. install the driver and plugs step by step.

1647391299141.png

As my experience, I installed 1. BravoHDSwPkgSetup.mis 2 foobar, 3 AsioAll , and connect the USB cable to data interface(Not power), and change the output device to Honey h1. Then the wav format can work normally. I don't have DSD album, so I didn't try it. Be sure to follow the step carefully.

Mar 15, 2022 at 9:20 PM Post #963 of 1,004
Can you link me all those 4 stuffs? That way I don’t download the wrong programs. Not sure why the manufacture site didn’t leave any links for proper directory to avoid any confusion.

Last edited:
Mar 22, 2022 at 10:27 AM Post #966 of 1,004
Actually disregard my post from above. I’ll be more specific. I’m trying to get the “UltraMan” version to work. Heard that this makes the amp a night and day diff

Can you link me all those 4 stuffs? That way I don’t download the wrong programs. Not sure why the manufacture site didn’t leave any links for proper directory to avoid any confusion.
We download the firmware and tools from official website. Maybe you should pay attention your steps.

May 22, 2022 at 11:19 PM Post #969 of 1,004
Got this a couple months ago and is it just me or do the Samsung phones not work on this? I tried it on two Samsung phones, the Flip3 and S22 Ultra. They both bog down to a halt when I connect the H1 to them. My LG V20 works but it will sometimes lose connection and it did bog down before too but seems to be better about that now. Other than that, it sounds great.

May 31, 2022 at 7:28 PM Post #973 of 1,004
Released ? No other news about it!
Not released yet.

I have a little info on it as I've been in touch with Anson lately about my (ex-)Honey.

Basically, it will it be less powerful than the Honey but still powerful enough to easily drive the HD600/650. It will be BT amp only - no USB DAC. Early bird offers will start in June - so I guess it's finger on the trigger time for some.

I love the look of the SG1 and the fact that it has built in playback controls.

But I used my Honey with Arya V2 (among other greedy cans) so power is essential for me as is USBDAC functionality. I'll probably (enviously) pass on the Pegasus and either try and pick up a replacement Honey or sit tight to see if Dethonray release a new USB DAC soon.

Separately the Earmen Angel looks interesting but I imagine it won't have the lush Dethonray sound signature, and will likely sound comparatively analytical/sterile (not a criticism - I have other DAC/Amps that do that for me already - monolith thx portable, topping NX7, if micro idsd signature.... But I miss my Honey).

For anyone wanting to offer condolences, basically my Honey USBC port broke and it was out of warranty. Anson kindly offered to fix it, but frickin' Royal Mail lost my device before it had even left the UK and I'm not able to claim anywhere near the value lost 😭💔.

With that in mind, if anyone has a Honey in good condition they'd be interested in parting with and can ship to the UK, let me know. I may be tempted.

Jun 1, 2022 at 12:07 AM Post #974 of 1,004
Not released yet.

I have a little info on it as I've been in touch with Anson lately about my (ex-)Honey.

Basically, it will it be less powerful than the Honey but still powerful enough to easily drive the HD600/650. It will be BT amp only - no USB DAC. Early bird offers will start in June - so I guess it's finger on the trigger time for some.

I love the look of the SG1 and the fact that it has built in playback controls.

But I used my Honey with Arya V2 (among other greedy cans) so power is essential for me as is USBDAC functionality. I'll probably (enviously) pass on the Pegasus and either try and pick up a replacement Honey or sit tight to see if Dethonray release a new USB DAC soon.

Separately the Earmen Angel looks interesting but I imagine it won't have the lush Dethonray sound signature, and will likely sound comparatively analytical/sterile (not a criticism - I have other DAC/Amps that do that for me already - monolith thx portable, topping NX7, if micro idsd signature.... But I miss my Honey).

For anyone wanting to offer condolences, basically my Honey USBC port broke and it was out of warranty. Anson kindly offered to fix it, but frickin' Royal Mail lost my device before it had even left the UK and I'm not able to claim anywhere near the value lost 😭💔.

With that in mind, if anyone has a Honey in good condition they'd be interested in parting with and can ship to the UK, let me know. I may be tempted.
Any pictures or other info? There is a picture on Facebook without spec. I care more about size and weight. I have dtr1+ and H1, so I don't worry about the sound quality at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back