Dethonray Honey H1 - USB DAC/AMP
Jun 7, 2022 at 7:54 AM Post #980 of 1,004
So I'm back with Honey and very happy about it. Yesterday I celebrated my reunion by pairing overlooking my Aryas and instead pairing it with the Sundara. My word what a lovely couple they make - just when I would expect to be hit with a slight sibilant peak, it would stop just before and to the bass was smooth and with just enough but not too much punch.

I doubted whether it made sense to spend on a used Honey after already suffering the death and loss of my original device. Now I can say I'm happy I did... But also super paranoid that something will go wrong with the new one. On my original one, one if the USBC ports broke. I'm really nervous each time I plug or remove a cable that it might happen again. Has anyone else had such an issue?

As for the comparison with the Mojo 2. I've just been told that there's a delay with my order and the Mojo 2 won't arrive fro around a month. I'm eager to compare them but will have to wait.

Jun 7, 2022 at 11:18 AM Post #981 of 1,004

So I'm back with Honey and very happy about it. Yesterday I celebrated my reunion by pairing overlooking my Aryas and instead pairing it with the Sundara. My word what a lovely couple they make - just when I would expect to be hit with a slight sibilant peak, it would stop just before and to the bass was smooth and with just enough but not too much punch.

I doubted whether it made sense to spend on a used Honey after already suffering the death and loss of my original device. Now I can say I'm happy I did... But also super paranoid that something will go wrong with the new one. On my original one, one if the USBC ports broke. I'm really nervous each time I plug or remove a cable that it might happen again. Has anyone else had such an issue?

As for the comparison with the Mojo 2. I've just been told that there's a delay with my order and the Mojo 2 won't arrive fro around a month. I'm eager to compare them but will have to wait.
Solution for your problem,
Never unplug the connector forever,

I have this on everything, phone, dap, fiio btr5, honey H1, laptop, PC, headphone,

Attachments

• 9c5930af54809205b8efdfbbed8828e4.jpeg
    9c5930af54809205b8efdfbbed8828e4.jpeg
    83.7 KB · Views: 0
  • bb29d93637d29e299af3a1116dbb744b.jpeg
    bb29d93637d29e299af3a1116dbb744b.jpeg
    78.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jun 8, 2022 at 12:33 PM Post #983 of 1,004
Solution for your problem,
Never unplug the connector forever,

I have this on everything, phone, dap, fiio btr5, honey H1, laptop, PC, headphone,
Really wish I'd known about this earlier. Would have saved me £600.

I've just ordered around 20 off AliExpress to use going forward. Thanks for the suggestion!

Jun 18, 2022 at 12:09 AM Post #985 of 1,004
Anyone here using the Honey H1 with the optical out as a DDC/galvanic isolator into another dedicated DAC? If so, how has the performance been?

Jun 24, 2022 at 5:02 PM Post #986 of 1,004
I have some issues with my H1,

- popping sound when I plug the usb and when turn on/off,
- slight crackling sound when I turn the volume knob

is this normal ?
Did you ever get this resolved? I am also getting a really faint crackling sound with my unit when I turn the volume knob. Only happens when music is playing and it is super quiet, out of the 4.4mm balanced.

Jul 17, 2022 at 12:16 AM Post #987 of 1,004
Did you ever get this resolved? I am also getting a really faint crackling sound with my unit when I turn the volume knob. Only happens when music is playing and it is super quiet, out of the 4.4mm balanced.
Latest firmware, it's fine now,
Ultraman 4, 4.4mm,

Jul 17, 2022 at 12:20 AM Post #988 of 1,004
Connected honey to my atrium yesterday. The pairing is just devine 😁. Best portable I've tried till date except maybe the hugo2

Nov 10, 2022 at 12:39 AM Post #990 of 1,004

Were you ever able to compare with the Mojo 2?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back