Dethonray Dtr1 Prelude high resolution player
Jun 17, 2022 at 3:27 PM Post #2,207 of 2,316
Is it possible that there are counterfeit DTR1+ on the market? Or is it possible that something could be internally damaged?

I got the DTR1+from HiFiGo earlier this week and it sounds bad. Like worse than my phone and Shanling Q1, and not close to my Cayin RU6.

I had the Honey H1 and it sounded good to me, so I know Dethonray can make good sounding gear.

Any ideas what could be up?

Jun 17, 2022 at 3:43 PM Post #2,208 of 2,316
Is it possible that there are counterfeit DTR1+ on the market? Or is it possible that something could be internally damaged?

I got the DTR1+from HiFiGo earlier this week and it sounds bad. Like worse than my phone and Shanling Q1, and not close to my Cayin RU6.

I had the Honey H1 and it sounded good to me, so I know Dethonray can make good sounding gear.

It is less likely that there are counterfeit versions, I think that Hifigo gets their units directly form Dethonray, you can mail Dethonray and check your serial number if it is legit. Maybe something wrong with the device, I had my firmware (BIOS) messed up, had to send it back to China, Dethonray kindly helped me. Other than that it is a simple device, there is not much can be done assuming that you tried all the basic stuff.

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2022 at 3:20 AM Post #2,209 of 2,316

I changed my dtr1 battery last month, and the after sale service of DETHONRAY was very good. If you got it from reseller, I am not sure DETHONRAY will help you directly, you can contact anson ,service@dethonray.com.

Jul 1, 2022 at 5:59 AM Post #2,211 of 2,316
I changed my dtr1 battery last month, and the after sale service of DETHONRAY was very good. If you got it from reseller, I am not sure DETHONRAY will help you directly, you can contact anson ,service@dethonray.com.
What was wrong with the battery? I am dissapointed with its battery life, in high impedance mode I only get about 4 hours of runtime, tired of charging. Also that screen is pretty bad, now is summer and in sunlight it is impossible to navigate.

Jul 27, 2022 at 5:19 PM Post #2,212 of 2,316
I can’t get my DTR1 to go into firmware update mode. I hold the down button while pressing the power button, it won’t power on. If I do the same but for only 5 seconds it powers on but no firmware mode. Powers on fine without holding the down button. Any ideas?

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2022 at 1:55 AM Post #2,213 of 2,316
What was wrong with the battery? I am dissapointed with its battery life, in high impedance mode I only get about 4 hours of runtime, tired of charging. Also that screen is pretty bad, now is summer and in sunlight it is impossible to navigate.
DTR1 had a major qc issue. No doubt it sounded amazing but it was a major turn off with poor battery and some internal issue. My unit had some internal circuit issue due to which it was not able to switch on. Anson was prompt enough to sort the issue but due to covid restrictions the unit came back to me after 6-7 months. I had already a different dap by then. And now the DTR+ costs a lot. We have a lot of options in that price range - products which are a lot more poslished.

Sep 11, 2022 at 2:01 PM Post #2,214 of 2,316
Silly question but where can i buy this dtr1+ dap from? Everywhere i look its out of stock except for hifigo. I live in the states and would like an official seller

Sep 11, 2022 at 5:08 PM Post #2,215 of 2,316
I believe the original DTR1 is now out of production so I'd be surprised if you found those but I think the DTR1+ is still being produced. I know Richard at Awedyo Audio is friends with Anson at DethonRay so I'd try and ping him on Facebook (Richard Zhang/Awedyo Audio). as if anyone can get you one, it will be Richard.

Sep 11, 2022 at 6:37 PM Post #2,216 of 2,316
It looks like Amazon still has then when I searched.

Sep 13, 2022 at 12:01 AM Post #2,217 of 2,316
Accidently fell to ground and 3.5 was damaged. I used it about 3 years and the battery life is 5-6 hours finally. New dtr1 is 8 hours or even more. Because I had to repair it and changed the battery by the way.

Sep 13, 2022 at 9:07 AM Post #2,218 of 2,316
Accidently fell to ground and 3.5 was damaged. I used it about 3 years and the battery life is 5-6 hours finally. New dtr1 is 8 hours or even more. Because I had to repair it and changed the battery by the way.
What was the process like to get the 3.5 jack repaired? Mine is busted as well…

Nov 22, 2022 at 6:25 PM Post #2,220 of 2,316
No amp needed 😍🤩

Attachments

• IMG_20221123_071308-02.jpeg
    IMG_20221123_071308-02.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back