Dethonray Dtr1 Prelude high resolution player
May 12, 2020 at 6:02 AM Post #1,291 of 2,316
Well said and nice you’re enjoying it solid for a year👍🎂🍻🍻
Thanks!

1 year is an eternity in the portable audio world nowadays ahahah.

I have heard several DAPs since I purchased the DTR1, and most of them were really pricey and packed with a tone of features I personally don't need, but no one gave me the sound of the DTR1. Only the Calyx M, another "hardcore" DAP, has been able to come close and to surpass it with some music genres. They actually sound quite different from each other, they are complementing themselves perfectly.

I have to admit that I have an eye on the AK SR25 and its long battery life and fancy look. I am vain sometimes :wink:

May 12, 2020 at 7:54 AM Post #1,292 of 2,316
Happy anniversary! I got the DTR1 one year ago and have been listening to it almost everyday since then.

What a nice little sound monster. Ferrari engine in a sleeper sedan :wink:

Amazing pairing with single dynamic drivers, like Final E5000 and Etymotic ER2XR. Electronic genre in general and good recorded material sound tremendous, visceral and pristine clear.

Viva Dethonray !

Happy Anniversary to You :smile:

Yes, as ever, I totally agree with you about the sound; a "nice little sound monster" :imp:

Enjoy your special day :)

May 12, 2020 at 9:54 AM Post #1,293 of 2,316
On the fence-my birthday is in a week, considering this as my present, still trying to decide if it is an upgrade from my Pono, and if I'm better off with this, at its (relatively) low price, or springing for the high price spread (Sony, A&K, etc). And, if I do, if I should spring for the amp as well. (then, there's always the option of pairing my phone, an LG V40 ThinQ, with an amp/dac, like Chord Mojo or Hugo)
Problems, problems... :wink:

Last edited:
May 12, 2020 at 10:04 AM Post #1,294 of 2,316
On the fence-my birthday is in a week, considering this as my present, still trying to decide if it is an upgrade from my Pono, and if I'm better off with this, at its (relatively) low price, or springing for the high price spread (Sony, A&K, etc). And, if I do, if I should spring for the amp as well.
Problems, problems... :wink:
It depends if you need the features of the pricier DAPs and if you don't, would you mind paying for having them at hand in any case or owning a "prettier" device? The HA-2 is a strong recommandation if you have full-sized headphones. With sensitive IEMs, you won't need the extra power, for sure, but the HA-2 tames some hissy BA IEMs. For single DD or hybrid IEMs, the amp is not really necessary. Still, I am yet to hear/read someone who regrets having invested USD 200 in the amp :)

Last edited:
May 12, 2020 at 10:08 AM Post #1,295 of 2,316
It depends if you need the features of the pricier DAPs and if you don't, would you mind paying for having them at hand in any case or owning a "prettier" device? The HA-2 is a strong recommandation if you have full-sized headphones. With sensitive IEMs, you won't need the extra power, for sure, but the HA-2 tames some hissy BA IEMs. For single DD or hybrid IEMs, the amp is not really necessary. Still, I am yet to hear/read someone who regrets having invested USD 200 on the amp :)
I'm not too concerned about "pretty" (though I'm a sucker for pretty things, as most folks are), and I have a LG V40 ThinQ phone, that can handle most of the things that are "features" on other DAPs (streaming, TIDAL-which I just let expire, hardly used it, etc). In fact, many are just using these LG phones (maybe adding an amp/dac to it) as their primary portable source. But the dtr1 is appealing...

May 12, 2020 at 10:24 AM Post #1,296 of 2,316
I'm not too concerned about "pretty" (though I'm a sucker for pretty things, as most folks are), and I have a LG V40 ThinQ phone, that can handle most of the things that are "features" on other DAPs (streaming, TIDAL-which I just let expire, hardly used it, etc). In fact, many are just using these LG phones (maybe adding an amp/dac to it) as their primary portable source. But the dtr1 is appealing...
Understood.

You then might be a candidate for the DTR1, hehe. If you ask me, I had a bit of hesitation last year, before I pulled the trigger. It turned out that these USD 530.- is one of my best purchase in this hobby (2way hifi, desktop and portable), period.

Enjoy the time of the reflexion :wink:

May 16, 2020 at 12:39 AM Post #1,299 of 2,316
I think I'm going to go for it, likely through Amazon (any reason to do it from somewhere else, aside from starving the behemoth some?)

May 16, 2020 at 7:19 AM Post #1,301 of 2,316
May 16, 2020 at 11:45 AM Post #1,302 of 2,316
I'm in the U.S., doesn't seem there is a local place to get it.

May 20, 2020 at 6:24 AM Post #1,305 of 2,316
Hi, I'm new to the thread and just learning about the DTR1 this week. May I ask if there are any problems for the player to play gapless? Also does anyone have experience using Shure SE846 iems with the unit and how do they pair? Thanks!
Hi there, welcome to the thread.

Gapless playback is perfectly implemented, just activate it in the settings.

No experience with the Shure SE846 unfortunately.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back