Dethonray Dtr1 Prelude high resolution player
Dec 2, 2019 at 2:54 PM Post #916 of 2,316
As I can't find a manual anywhere, could please someone tell me when is the D fully charged,
The light on the charger went green, but if i hold power button and big battery indicator shows, its still keeps on charging. How long does it take and how do you know when it's ready?

Dec 2, 2019 at 3:15 PM Post #917 of 2,316
As I can't find a manual anywhere, could please someone tell me when is the D fully charged,
The light on the charger went green, but if i hold power button and big battery indicator shows, its still keeps on charging. How long does it take and how do you know when it's ready?
Just to avoid a misunderstanding: do you unplug the DAP from the charger before switching it on? If you don't, then try it, it should be good. If you try to switch on the device while it charges, with red or green light, it might show the big battery symbol.

Please report after trying what I suggest.

Otherwise, my DTR1 needs approx. 2.5 hours to get a full charge.

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2019 at 3:23 PM Post #918 of 2,316
Just to avoid misunderstanding: do you unplug the DAP from the charger before switching it on? If you don't, then try it, it should be good. If you try to switch on the device while it charges, no matter if the red or green light, it might show the big battery symbol.

Please report after trying what I suggest.

Otherwise, my DTR1 needs approx. 2.5 hours to get a full charge.

Thanks for your reply.
I know what you're saying,
I was talking about the big battery icon when player is still plugged, so i switched it on whilst still plugged and battery indicator keeps on charging.
I did try unplugging and then switching on, then battery indicator on the right corner is full and green, but that might not be an indication of full battery i thought.
All i noticed was the red dot going green on the charger.
And im trying to make sure i start from full to see what's actual battery life
Best

Dec 2, 2019 at 3:27 PM Post #919 of 2,316
Thanks for your reply.
I was talking about the big battery icon when player is still plugged, so i switched it on whilst still plugged and battery indicator keeps on charging.
I did try unplugging and then switching on, then battery indicator on the right corner is full and green, but that might not be an indication of full battery i thought.
Best
Ok, I got it. Thanks for the precision. I understand that the light switching from red to green means that the battery is fully charged. It sounds pretty obvious to me, but maybe ask Anson in order to get the right answer.
Best

Dec 2, 2019 at 3:33 PM Post #920 of 2,316
Thanks for your reply.
Best
The proper way to charge DTR1 is turn off the unit and start charging. The red light should turn on if the device is not fully charged. Once it fully charged the red light turn into green. Then turn on DTR1 and use. Charging while DTR1 is ON sometimes shows false battery indicator and produce lots of heat. Strangely if you charge DTR1 in off mode the unit remain totally cool which is great thing.

Dec 2, 2019 at 3:34 PM Post #921 of 2,316
The proper way to charge DTR1 is turn off the unit and start charging. The red light should turn on if the device is not fully charged. Once it fully charged the red light turn into green. Then turn on DTR1 and use. Charging while DTR1 is ON sometimes shows false battery indicator and produce lots of heat. Strangely if you charge DTR1 in off mode the unit remain totally cool which is great thing.
This is also how I do it and it works perfectly

Dec 2, 2019 at 4:01 PM Post #924 of 2,316
Dec 2, 2019 at 7:56 PM Post #928 of 2,316
And how about the sound quality? Any comparison if you could?

Best I heard after Tera. That's my ear and I am not exaggerating.

Sold my DX200 + DX150 and Sony PCM D100 (I know its a recorder) and keep DX90j and DTR1.

Dec 3, 2019 at 6:28 AM Post #930 of 2,316
Some option about leveling volume needs to be added fast imo
I am on high gain mind you with iem, but still

The majority of my listening is done at either Medium gain at maximum (55-60) or High gain at settings 35-45. This is using relatively 'inefficient' Final E5000 IEM's, but still there is reasonable headroom and that's before having my ears syringed, which I will do soon :ksc75smile:

I also believe there is a difference in sound when comparing Medium and High gain; even when played at the same 'actual' volume, High gain sounds a little fuller, weightier and more dynamic. This is obviously to my ears only and may have no real basis :)

I relish the idiosyncrasies and uniqueness of this player; I hope it reflects my personality as I find myself marvelling at each new experience of 'old' well-known albums and really getting 'lost' in the music.

What is it you would like to see addressed by firmware?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back