Dethonray Dtr1 Prelude high resolution player
Mar 5, 2020 at 5:25 AM Post #1,157 of 2,313
3.8+ firmware with a maximum level of lo + xuelin 100 amplifier of the latest revision at a high gain level + planar tin audio + ear pads (mandarin) = this is amazing. Holographic scene, transparency, bass resilience. I haven’t touched DTR1 for a month, maybe this is the answer or in the new firmware with the lo tuned to the maximum.

Mar 5, 2020 at 5:46 AM Post #1,158 of 2,313
DTR1 -> Forza Audio 3.5mm interconnect -> Phatlab Chimera (tube mode) -> OC Studio Zeux UE-X 4.4mm -> Final E5000 = perfect synergy between detail, power & musicality
IMG_20200304_213815.jpg

Mar 5, 2020 at 6:12 AM Post #1,159 of 2,313
I have question DTR1 have jack TRS or TRRS output, because I see on headfonics.com TRRS, @marcusd have mistake or not

Mar 5, 2020 at 12:35 PM Post #1,160 of 2,313
I have question DTR1 have jack TRS or TRRS output, because I see on headfonics.com TRRS, @marcusd have mistake or not

TRS single ended output - no balanced out on the DTR1 - maybe the next model will.

Mar 5, 2020 at 12:56 PM Post #1,161 of 2,313
TRS single ended output - no balanced out on the DTR1 - maybe the next model will.
I hope it will stay single end. I prefer that, if it’s well implemented. Look at all those DAPs with 4.4 that are no better.
But it would be great if he would build in a nu tube possibility :)

Edit: And I wouldn’t have to reterminate my cable :wink:

Last edited:
Mar 13, 2020 at 10:11 AM Post #1,164 of 2,313
Hello,

Can someone tell me the charging time of DTR1?
TYIA
Approx 3 hours or when the green light is shown on the charger

Mar 20, 2020 at 6:22 PM Post #1,166 of 2,313
Sony IER-Z1R, EE Legend X, VE Elysium... One of the three. Problem: not possible to demo any of them in Switzerland...

Late to this party, apologies. I became quite enamored when @Wiljen sent me his DTR1 some months ago. So much so, that I purchased one from Anson off of Amazon. This little critter is amazing, and has replaced my beloved Shanling M5s as my go-to, without need for streaming. The sound is as good as one can expect from something so diminutive, and then some.

I ended up naming it my "Device of the Year, period"in late December. As for the EE LX and VE Elysium, I have used both with the DTR1 (and the HA2, which I now also have). I own the LX, and reviewed the Elysium (about to go up, late again...sigh). If you crave the bass of the dual W9's, then the LX is the clear choice. It has enough detail for my purposes and I absolutely love the sound. It satiated my need for a TOTL, completely. If you prefer more detail with an extremely natural sound, then the Elysium is about as good as one can currently get. It does not have the bass slam of the LX (few do...), but is better at detail retrieval and a clear presentation. The VE is a phenomenal unit, and I really appreciated my time together.

Coming out of the DTR1/HA2 combo, the LX just sings to me, giving it a bit better detail (to me) and separation of note. This is something I think the LX lacks a bit, clarity and the separation that accompanies it. But this is in comparison to say the U12t, U18t, tia Forte, Elysium. I think you would be really quite happy with either. But be prepared for a more intimate, dark, bass-loving sound on the LX, like watching that winter storm roll through with a fine single-malt. The Elysium is the opening of a beautiful flower in the Spring. You anticipate it, but still revel in it upon arrival.

Hope this helps, and the DTR1/HA2/LX currently play Van Morrison's 3 Chords & the Truth as I write this. Such a fine sound.

Mar 20, 2020 at 7:12 PM Post #1,167 of 2,313
Late to this party, apologies. I became quite enamored when @Wiljen sent me his DTR1 some months ago. So much so, that I purchased one from Anson off of Amazon. This little critter is amazing, and has replaced my beloved Shanling M5s as my go-to, without need for streaming. The sound is as good as one can expect from something so diminutive, and then some.

I ended up naming it my "Device of the Year, period"in late December. As for the EE LX and VE Elysium, I have used both with the DTR1 (and the HA2, which I now also have). I own the LX, and reviewed the Elysium (about to go up, late again...sigh). If you crave the bass of the dual W9's, then the LX is the clear choice. It has enough detail for my purposes and I absolutely love the sound. It satiated my need for a TOTL, completely. If you prefer more detail with an extremely natural sound, then the Elysium is about as good as one can currently get. It does not have the bass slam of the LX (few do...), but is better at detail retrieval and a clear presentation. The VE is a phenomenal unit, and I really appreciated my time together.

Coming out of the DTR1/HA2 combo, the LX just sings to me, giving it a bit better detail (to me) and separation of note. This is something I think the LX lacks a bit, clarity and the separation that accompanies it. But this is in comparison to say the U12t, U18t, tia Forte, Elysium. I think you would be really quite happy with either. But be prepared for a more intimate, dark, bass-loving sound on the LX, like watching that winter storm roll through with a fine single-malt. The Elysium is the opening of a beautiful flower in the Spring. You anticipate it, but still revel in it upon arrival.

Hope this helps, and the DTR1/HA2/LX currently play Van Morrison's 3 Chords & the Truth as I write this. Such a fine sound.

Never apology for answering.
This is a Terminator post my dear friend. How could I resist now? Maybe by telling you that the Calyx M/HA-2 outclasses my DTR1/Chimera combo, which will draw your attention on the Calyx, that is as cheap as it gets in Jaben SG? Anyway, I thank you a lot for your post. LX is the way to go for me, I always knew that, but you kind of confirmed it once more. Thank you and your words. I will have to spare though, the very special P-EAR-S UT-3 CIEM is coming its way.

Take care and enjoy your music

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2020 at 5:31 AM Post #1,169 of 2,313
11186733.jpg

Somewhere in this thread someone else had posted a case like this, so I made one, but absurdly overbuilt. Don't really need the Vorz either, it's just overkill all the way around. The DTR is magnificent, though.
Overkill? This is Head-fi.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back