Dethonray Dtr1 Prelude high resolution player
Feb 16, 2020 at 2:08 PM Post #1,141 of 2,316
Had the opportunity to spend some (short) quality time with @Mimouille 's DTR1. Plugged my VE8 and liked what I heard. Liveliness, impact, power... my kind of presentation. Congrats to Anson, that's some fine gear right there.

Feb 16, 2020 at 2:28 PM Post #1,142 of 2,316
Had the opportunity to spend some (short) quality time with @Mimouille 's DTR1. Plugged my VE8 and liked what I heard. Liveliness, impact, power... my kind of presentation. Congrats to Anson, that's some fine gear right there.
Hiss?

Feb 16, 2020 at 2:36 PM Post #1,143 of 2,316
Didn't notice any, but we were not in a flawlessly quiet environment.

Feb 16, 2020 at 2:44 PM Post #1,144 of 2,316
Didn't notice any, but we were not in a flawlessly quiet environment.
Ok, thanks anyway. How would you describe the VE8 sound signature out of the DTR1 and compared to your DAPs of choice?

Feb 16, 2020 at 3:00 PM Post #1,145 of 2,316
It brings out everything I love about the VE8 tuning. My regular dap is the X7II + AM3D and UAPP in bit perfect mode, and a Dunu Hulk cable.

Didn't get enough time to form an educated opinion on how both daps are alike or differ, but I had a good impression on how the DTR1 energized the music. The VE8 sound very natural, their capacity for unexaggerated liveliness very well conveyed.

Feb 23, 2020 at 6:14 PM Post #1,146 of 2,316
I have had the opportunity to use this player as my daily DAP for a couple months now and I am extremely impressed. It is the one I tend to grab if I am planning on playing local files and not streaming. I am amazed the Dtr1 doesn't get more press in the audiophile community. It has an amazing sound signature, great clarity, and a really nice bottom end. It has only gotten better sounding for me as time goes on. I am currently using it most frequently with the Ultimate Ears UE18+ IEM and the combination is very nice. It seems to have no problem driving most of the headphones and IEMs in my collection. The only feature I would like to see added to the firmware would be the ability to slightly adjust the stereo balance. This is simply an amazing DAP that performs at a level far above its price point.

Feb 24, 2020 at 2:34 AM Post #1,147 of 2,316
I have had the opportunity to use this player as my daily DAP for a couple months now and I am extremely impressed. It is the one I tend to grab if I am planning on playing local files and not streaming. I am amazed the Dtr1 doesn't get more press in the audiophile community. It has an amazing sound signature, great clarity, and a really nice bottom end. It has only gotten better sounding for me as time goes on. I am currently using it most frequently with the Ultimate Ears UE18+ IEM and the combination is very nice. It seems to have no problem driving most of the headphones and IEMs in my collection. The only feature I would like to see added to the firmware would be the ability to slightly adjust the stereo balance. This is simply an amazing DAP that performs at a level far above its price point.
Why would you want to adjust stereo balance? Is there something off?

Feb 24, 2020 at 10:22 AM Post #1,148 of 2,316
Why would you want to adjust stereo balance? Is there something off?
I personally have a left/right imbalance from playing in rock bands for 20+ years. My right ear was always too close to those crash cymbals. :relaxed:

Feb 24, 2020 at 1:24 PM Post #1,150 of 2,316
Oh boy, sorry to hear. I am a drummer myself so both my ears suffered!
Its the price we’ve paid I guess. I never used earplugs early on and this is the result. Luckily it isn’t too severe and I don’t suffer from tinnitus.

Mar 1, 2020 at 3:56 PM Post #1,152 of 2,316
Does anyone know if Beyerdynamic Xelento hisses with DTR1?
Thank you in advance.
Single DD usually don't hiss with DTR1

Mar 2, 2020 at 9:06 PM Post #1,154 of 2,316
Single DD usually don't hiss with DTR1
The Campfire Atlas has a slight hiss. I’m using a iEMatch - and because the DTR1 has sooo much power, you can really push the volume up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back