Dethonray Dtr1 Prelude high resolution player
Dec 16, 2019 at 5:06 AM Post #978 of 2,316
I purchased this DAP from fellow headfier. My first impression is rather positive: this is a very nice little player with musical sound. In contrary to my old classic Cayin N6, Cayin is definitely brighter and the soundstage is wider. I would like to get more headroom with Dtr1 and more extensions in both end. However the resolution and detail is very good.

Dec 16, 2019 at 5:53 AM Post #979 of 2,316
Anyone try to use SACD iso or dsd128? I own this before but that time its unable to play sacd iso 128dsd its really big deal to me since i love dsd music and almost all dsd are in dsd128
IMG_20191216_154853~2.jpg IMG_20191216_154902~2.jpg IMG_20191216_154954~2.jpg

Dec 16, 2019 at 6:10 AM Post #981 of 2,316
Yes but this is equivalent to dsd64 most dsd available are in dsd128 or dsd5.6 I really like this dap my main issue is i they play safe in high frequency... some of the best recording that i know that really shine in female vocals and high frequency i felt short on this dap ... other than that this is the best dap i own when it comes to detail and layering really miss this maybe i will buy it again in the future if they support 128dsd

Dec 16, 2019 at 8:34 AM Post #982 of 2,316
The Dethonray HA-2 portable amp will arrive on Thursday at my door. Let's see what this little beast can do :)

Dec 16, 2019 at 8:53 AM Post #983 of 2,316
Yes but this is equivalent to dsd64 most dsd available are in dsd128 or dsd5.6 I really like this dap my main issue is i they play safe in high frequency... some of the best recording that i know that really shine in female vocals and high frequency i felt short on this dap ... other than that this is the best dap i own when it comes to detail and layering really miss this maybe i will buy it again in the future if they support 128dsd
unfortunately 128 is not supported, only 64 now

Dec 16, 2019 at 9:37 AM Post #984 of 2,316
Hey, new user here. Came here because the DTR1 caught my eye, I really like the concept (apart from the propietary psu), really like the design as well. A couple of questions:

- Is it possible to create different playlists on the fly within the device? (i.e. Jazz, Electro, etc. Playlist).
- I have seen many people sell the device on the forum - I have to ask why? Somebody care to elaborate?
- Currently only have a TinHifi T4 which seems rather sensitive - do you think this IEM would be a good pairing?
- does anyone use the DTR1 as a source for the home stereo? Asking because it has a line out...
if so - what are your findings?

Thank you!

Last edited:
Dec 16, 2019 at 12:29 PM Post #985 of 2,316
I use xrecode3 for win10 and TagScanner to edit tags
IMG_20191216_222616.jpg

Dec 17, 2019 at 4:14 PM Post #986 of 2,316
Hey, new user here. Came here because the DTR1 caught my eye, I really like the concept (apart from the propietary psu), really like the design as well. A couple of questions:

- Is it possible to create different playlists on the fly within the device? (i.e. Jazz, Electro, etc. Playlist).
- I have seen many people sell the device on the forum - I have to ask why? Somebody care to elaborate?
- Currently only have a TinHifi T4 which seems rather sensitive - do you think this IEM would be a good pairing?
- does anyone use the DTR1 as a source for the home stereo? Asking because it has a line out...
if so - what are your findings?

Thank you!
- You can create folders if you want, but no playlist "on the fly" afaik
- Many people selling their DTR1? Interesting, I rather have the impression that people are more and more keen on buying this fantastic dap. Ask some people who sold it in order to get your answer(s)
- Sensitive, BA only and somewhat bright IEMs are not always a very good pairing with the DTR1. Now, the T4 is a single DD and it is difficult to answer without actually trying that combo
- Yes, you can use the DTR1 as a source

Why don't you like the PSU? It is reliable and charge the device quite fast.

Hope it helps

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2019 at 4:17 PM Post #987 of 2,316
I can respond re: selling. I loved the sound of this dap but browsing my large library with repetitive button presses became a chore and also the hissing with very sensitive iems was somewhat distracting. And finally the proprietary charging system was not great to work with. Otherwise I would liked to have kept it.

Dec 17, 2019 at 4:25 PM Post #988 of 2,316
- You can create folders if you want, but no playlist "on the fly" afaik
- Many people selling their DTR1? Interesting, I rather have the impression that people are more and more keen on buying this fantastic dap. Ask some people who sold it in order to get your answer(s)
- Sensitive, BA only and somewhat bright IEMs are not always a very good pairing with the DTR1. Now, the T4 is a single DD and it is difficult to answer without actually trying that combo
- Yes, you can use the DTR1 as a source

Why don't you like the PSU? It is reliable and charge the device quite fast.

Hope it helps

Thanks for answering, it helped indeed.

Regarding playlist / favorites: I would have to do create a folder on the sd card via my computer and copy the tracks I want the playlist to contain in that folder? It is not possible to mark a track of an album and assign it to a playlist - Is that correct? Sorry to be a bit particular about this matter, but that would be a real problem for me, since I usually listen to albums and pick tracks that I like and put them in a favorites list (ideally seperated by genre).

If I decide to go ahead and purchase the DTR1 I will report my findings regarding the T4s paired with the DTR1.

I understand that the PSU is a necessity in this circuit design, but it is a (minor) inconvenience to be dependent on such a rare design. That is all.

Thank you for your time!

Dec 17, 2019 at 4:29 PM Post #989 of 2,316
I can respond re: selling. I loved the sound of this dap but browsing my large library with repetitive button presses became a chore and also the hissing with very sensitive iems was somewhat distracting. And finally the proprietary charging system was not great to work with. Otherwise I would liked to have kept it.

Thank you for elaborating!

I have to say I like the fact that the DTR1 works via buttons! :)
In regards to hissing with sensitive IEMs... *insert long nasal exhale*

Dec 17, 2019 at 4:44 PM Post #990 of 2,316
Thanks for answering, it helped indeed.

Regarding playlist / favorites: I would have to do create a folder on the sd card via my computer and copy the tracks I want the playlist to contain in that folder? It is not possible to mark a track of an album and assign it to a playlist - Is that correct? Sorry to be a bit particular about this matter, but that would be a real problem for me, since I usually listen to albums and pick tracks that I like and put them in a favorites list (ideally seperated by genre).

If I decide to go ahead and purchase the DTR1 I will report my findings regarding the T4s paired with the DTR1.

I understand that the PSU is a necessity in this circuit design, but it is a (minor) inconvenience to be dependent on such a rare design. That is all.

Thank you for your time!
You can mark a track as a favorite, yes. Now, not using that option myself, I don't know if you can create several favorites playlists, with separated genres, @golov17 or @Palash might help answering.

PSU is fine, really. If you still live in a normal apartment or house, you'll survive.

Getting the DTR1 with T4 only, maybe not. Do you own other headphones or IEMs?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back