Dethonray Dtr1 Prelude high resolution player
Jul 7, 2019 at 10:41 PM Post #466 of 2,316
Sizes
IMG_20190708_073458~2.jpg

Jul 8, 2019 at 9:59 AM Post #467 of 2,316
Hi, I see that you have the Acoustic research ar-m2, how does it compare with the Dethonray? I have the ar-m2 and I am curious about the Dethonray. Please elaborate your answer. Thank you!

Jul 8, 2019 at 10:50 AM Post #469 of 2,316
Hi, I see that you have the Acoustic research ar-m2, how does it compare with the Dethonray? I have the ar-m2 and I am curious about the Dethonray. Please elaborate your answer. Thank you!
IMHO, for me, Prelude is like mini gold (with 10 fw). AR-M2 is more massive and full of tonal balance, the beast

Jul 8, 2019 at 1:05 PM Post #470 of 2,316
IMHO, for me, Prelude is like mini gold (with 10 fw). AR-M2 is more massive and full of tonal balance, the beast
On sound alone, do you think Prelude is up with the M2?

Jul 8, 2019 at 1:34 PM Post #472 of 2,316
In an ideal world, I would like to have three versions of DTR .. current - pop, and also a classic and vocal edition .. dreams - dreams ...

as well as the automatic playback in folders, like on LPG and Nationite Nanite n2 - folder play with inside folders - discography etc..

Last edited:
Jul 8, 2019 at 1:36 PM Post #473 of 2,316
They are different beasts .. for vocals, I prefer M2 over DTR and LPG at any time.
I was thinking of buying the Prelude but I am still on the fence . I really like the M2, it has a very big soundstage, if Prelude has the same big soundstage and maybe more depth to soundstage that is going to be really appealing

Jul 9, 2019 at 9:13 AM Post #475 of 2,316
DTR is very good for EDM, ROCK, etc
I second that statement. It is very good with vocals as well, but as you go for your AR-M2, I also prefer my Calyx M and its amazing mids for vocals.

Last edited:
Jul 9, 2019 at 11:52 AM Post #476 of 2,316
I second that statement. It is very good with vocals as well, but as you go for your AR-M2, I also prefer my Calyx M and its amazing mids for vocals.
How would you compare Dtr with Calyx M. I have the Calyx M and it is my preferred player. The only thing is missing is a bigger soundstage. I feel that with some music I need a bigger soundstage. Basically I want a mixture between Acoustic research ar-m2 and Calyx M

Last edited:
Jul 9, 2019 at 6:19 PM Post #477 of 2,316
How would you compare Dtr with Calyx M. I have the Calyx M and is my preferred sap. The only thing is missing is a bigger soundstage. I feel that with some music I need a bigger soundstage. Basically I want a mixture between Acoustic research ar-m2 and Calyx M
I don't own and never heard the AR-M2, so I cannot tell if the DTR1 could bring you the wished synthesis between the Calyx M and the M2, but with my IEMs of choice, the DTR1 brings more energy and dynamic than the Calyx M. Soundstage might be a tad wider, but depth is slightly improved for sure. You lose a bit of intimacy, warmth and fullness with the DTR1, but as already stated in above posts, the DTR1 is king when it comes to any electronic based music (excluding ambient and field recordings) and pop/rock. The DTR1 brings another flavour, but it's an addictive one. The Calyx M has an analogue sound signature I never heard in any other DAPs so far.

Last edited:
Jul 10, 2019 at 4:10 PM Post #478 of 2,316

Users who are viewing this thread

Back