Dethonray Dtr1 Prelude high resolution player
May 20, 2021 at 6:03 AM Post #1,787 of 2,316
I also wish that there would be more functionality like USB DAC especially but I think it is against their philosophy and also would bring additional challenges, surely it can be done but it would have a much higher price.

Also I believe that the screen is a little bit bigger, more square rather than rectangular like in DTR1.

Lets wait and see, not long to wait.

Last edited:
May 22, 2021 at 12:30 PM Post #1,788 of 2,316
20210522_091753.jpg
20210522_091918.jpg

May 31, 2021 at 2:58 PM Post #1,791 of 2,316
Time has come...Selling my DTR1 in mint condition for a very tasty price. The thread in classifieds is created - come and check if interested:wink:.
Selling off my collections...

20210226_113029.jpg

Jun 3, 2021 at 12:40 AM Post #1,794 of 2,316
Those all sound like excellent improvements. But as a person who doesn't invest in new equipment every year (or even every 5 years), I will be sticking to the DTR1 that I bought last August. I've used it for 1 - 2 charges every week and I continue to rediscover my existing music collection. Mine came with the 4.0 firmware and I have never used it while plugged in and I have also not let it totally discharge. So I have had no problems at all.

I do hope that this new version attracts lots of new customers though. Anson is clearly a wonderful engineer and I have personally thanked him for this product.

Jun 3, 2021 at 1:59 AM Post #1,795 of 2,316
Those all sound like excellent improvements. But as a person who doesn't invest in new equipment every year (or even every 5 years), I will be sticking to the DTR1 that I bought last August. I've used it for 1 - 2 charges every week and I continue to rediscover my existing music collection. Mine came with the 4.0 firmware and I have never used it while plugged in and I have also not let it totally discharge. So I have had no problems at all.

I do hope that this new version attracts lots of new customers though. Anson is clearly a wonderful engineer and I have personally thanked him for this product.
That is ok, there is no top for perfection, there will always be something better, just enjoy what you have because it is decent. This new version of DTR1 will be my first DAP so I am excited.

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2021 at 12:11 PM Post #1,796 of 2,316
Awesome updates :L3000:

I've been using the DTR1 since June 2019, and it is still one of my go-to players. Have not kept a player as long as this one.
Even with the incoming DTR1 plus, it's likely going to share airtime with its older sibling and the Honey H1 and HPA-HA2.

Can't wait for the official announcement to come.

Jun 4, 2021 at 2:05 AM Post #1,797 of 2,316
What experiences do you guys have with the lineout of DTR1? I'm kind of intrigued about the DTR1 plus (at least will be following this thread) but also in regards to pairing with Cayin C9 more or less. So that would be 3.5mm interconnect (no 4.4mm with Dethonray it seems?). Or Pre-in mode in C9 which retains more of the original DAP sound signature but it's more hit-and-miss kind of thing.

Last edited:
Jun 4, 2021 at 8:08 AM Post #1,798 of 2,316
What experiences do you guys have with the lineout of DTR1? I'm kind of intrigued about the DTR1 plus (at least will be following this thread) but also in regards to pairing with Cayin C9 more or less. So that would be 3.5mm interconnect (no 4.4mm with Dethonray it seems?). Or Pre-in mode in C9 which retains more of the original DAP sound signature but it's more hit-and-miss kind of thing.
I use the lineout every week. It connects to my Class T amp to my Gallo speakers. They are over 20 years old but they are very revealing speakers. This DTR1 is probably the best source component I've had for those speakers. On my firmware (4.0) there are 4 different settings for lineout gain. I think I'm only using the second level (although it's called "High"). So - I really like the lineout. My amp only has 3.5mm connections so it's not a problem for me that there is no 4.4mm.

Jun 15, 2021 at 10:14 AM Post #1,800 of 2,316
I just pray it has more playlists options and it's just a tad less bright....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back