Destiny
Sep 6, 2014 at 6:49 PM Post #46 of 2,062
I'm confused slightly. So they allowed you to buy the game on your PSN account, install it to your PS3, then install it to your nephew's PS3 and it could be played on his while you weren't signed into it? I thought you had to be signed into the PSN account that bought a game to play it, similar to how Microsoft handles it.

Yes, that is how. I bought it, and my account was on both PS3s. Downloaded it on both, and he was able play it with his account. He played all my digital downloads, and if it had multiplayer, we could play together.

As I mentioned, digital sharing is allowed between accounts on an activated ps3, but only up to 2-3 devices.

And.... this isn't Microsoft :p

Edit: He is currently benefiting from all my PS+ freebies on the PS3. It is the main reason why I gave it to him.

Sep 6, 2014 at 8:21 PM Post #47 of 2,062

I'm skeptical that there's absolutely no restrictions in place to prevent people from playing both the PS3 and PS4 game at the same time. If it were me I would make the PS3>PS4 a one-way road. You mail me the 3 disc, I mail you a 4 disc. Or you provide the digital information for the 3 version and I provide you with a DL key for the 4 version and then deactivate the 3 version forever. If they do allow people to buy 1 game and effectively get 2 then that sounds like a first in the gaming world.

Don't forget that many PS3/4/Vita games have "crossbuy" where you can buy it once and have access to all three version.  As far as I'm concerned this is basically the same thing except it only works with buying the PS3 version first.

Sep 7, 2014 at 2:43 PM Post #48 of 2,062
Sep 7, 2014 at 2:54 PM Post #49 of 2,062

http://www.destinythegame.com/digital-upgrade

If you purchase a DIGITAL copy of Destiny for PS3 or 360, you will automatically get it for PS4 or Xbone (respectively) for free! 

This makes no sense its great but what about thise who want the physical cooy why do we not get the same promotion?

[/quote]

Because people sell physical copies and it's impossible to track when the upgrade has already been used... without one-time codes.  I assume this deal cropped up after they'd already started manufacturing the games so they couldn't do the codes retroactively.

Sep 7, 2014 at 3:11 PM Post #50 of 2,062
Well I took the plunge and preordered on the PS3. There's no way they're going to NOT give us the PS4 version at this point, the only question is whether we'll get it right on 9/9 or not.

Worse comes to worst, I'll start my guy on PS3 for a few hours (how much am I really going to play at midnight on a work night?) and then hopefully have the PS4 version download while I'm at work to play when I get home.

Sep 7, 2014 at 3:11 PM Post #51 of 2,062
AWESOME NEWS!!! Thr manager at my local gamestop called me at 2100 the other night to let me know that he got a single extra limited edition for the ps4 and has physically set it aside and put my name on it so i am so freaking stoked in not outta luck getting one. Though the ps3-ps4 digital deal is awesome that bit on class he showed sells me. So... Whos ready for the midnight release!!!!

Sep 7, 2014 at 3:28 PM Post #52 of 2,062
AWESOME NEWS!!! Thr manager at my local gamestop called me at 2100 the other night to let me know that he got a single extra limited edition for the ps4 and has physically set it aside and put my name on it so i am so freaking stoked in not outta luck getting one. Though the ps3-ps4 digital deal is awesome that bit on class he showed sells me. So... Whos ready for the midnight release!!!!

Cool!  Were you on a waiting list or something?

Sep 7, 2014 at 3:47 PM Post #53 of 2,062
Cool!  Were you on a waiting list or something?

He said he put me on the interest list which as he explains just sends me an email if they reopen or get excess cancels but he actually got just 1 from his warehouse sent to his store and called me to let me know hed save it for me ( i went in about once a week to see if anyone canceled if anymore became available etc...)

Sep 7, 2014 at 3:49 PM Post #54 of 2,062
Because people sell physical copies and it's impossible to track when the upgrade has already been used... without one-time codes.  I assume this deal cropped up after they'd already started manufacturing the games so they couldn't do the codes retroactively.

They did it for ghosts, assasins creed, and battlefield etc... And it was a huge success i know where youre coming from as far as returning it but many times retailers wont accept open games and gamestop yes you can trade it in but for a miniscule amount

Sep 7, 2014 at 4:06 PM Post #56 of 2,062
  Here's a question folks. Is the GameStop "limited edition" Sparrow worth $10. I can save $10 on the Digital Guardian edition right now through Target's promo and have it pre-loaded.

IMO, I'd rather save $10.  Retailer-exclusive bonuses are, by nature, not really all that great (otherwise fans would be really annoyed).

Sep 7, 2014 at 4:07 PM Post #57 of 2,062
They did it for ghosts, assasins creed, and battlefield etc... And it was a huge success i know where youre coming from as far as returning it but many times retailers wont accept open games and gamestop yes you can trade it in but for a miniscule amount

I was talking more about selling it on CL.  I buy a PS3 copy, get the PS4 copy for free, give the PS3 copy to Axel and he gets the PS4 copy for free, etc.  It doesn't make sense.

Sep 7, 2014 at 5:08 PM Post #59 of 2,062
Bought and pre-loaded on PS4.

Having played the Beta on both the PS3 and PS4... man, even for a PS3 game, the game looks like a blurry mess. It's as if 3D mode was on without actual 3D, the resolution is so low and soft. Bungie definitely didn't spend much time tweaking the PS3 version, though the core gameplay experience is fully intact.

Sep 7, 2014 at 6:02 PM Post #60 of 2,062
Here's a question folks. Is the GameStop "limited edition" Sparrow worth $10. I can save $10 on the Digital Guardian edition right now through Target's promo and have it pre-loaded.

It's also for a physical copy i love having an actual product in my hand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back