Destiny
Sep 3, 2014 at 11:07 AM Post #17 of 2,062
  I just did a digital download. So I have to got to gamestop at midnight and pick up my key

Weird.  You get the "worst of both worlds" doing it that way.

Advantages of digital:  preloading, no standing in line, playing right at midnight.

Advantages of physical disc:  resellability, saving on data cap (do download required)

You basically get none of that doing it your way.  /scratching my head

Sep 3, 2014 at 11:28 AM Post #18 of 2,062
Well I want to do the midnight launch thing as it sounds fun. You can get the code on the site if you want to but it's not often as an adult I get to nerd out as I do in a midnight launch scenario. I don't resell and I rather have it available to my cloud account at any time rather than a disk. Maybe it's the PC user in me but I just love having my games on the cloud and on my box and I have a hard time removing myself from that mentality. I took off the whole week before I even knew the game was coming out on the 9th and will have nothing better to do but sit around and game so time isn't much of an issue. 

Sep 3, 2014 at 12:02 PM Post #19 of 2,062
  Well I want to do the midnight launch thing as it sounds fun. You can get the code on the site if you want to but it's not often as an adult I get to nerd out as I do in a midnight launch scenario. I don't resell and I rather have it available to my cloud account at any time rather than a disk. Maybe it's the PC user in me but I just love having my games on the cloud and on my box and I have a hard time removing myself from that mentality. I took off the whole week before I even knew the game was coming out on the 9th and will have nothing better to do but sit around and game so time isn't much of an issue. 

Oh I gotcha.  I just got back from PAX; I get to nerd out once a year for four days and nights!  I even met up with a fellow head-fi'er and had a mini-meet!  I think everyone should try go get out to something like PAX once a year; it's not as expensive as people seem to think.

Sep 3, 2014 at 1:05 PM Post #21 of 2,062
  Gamestop is emailing me my key. Hopefully it gets mailed out on the 7th or 8th but if I have to wait until the 9th that won't be too bad. Honestly I can't play much until the 11th anyways. Stupid income generating activities.

I got digital from Amazon.  They've assured me that they will be sending out the key before the 9th...

Sep 3, 2014 at 2:33 PM Post #22 of 2,062
  Oh I gotcha.  I just got back from PAX; I get to nerd out once a year for four days and nights!  I even met up with a fellow head-fi'er and had a mini-meet!  I think everyone should try go get out to something like PAX once a year; it's not as expensive as people seem to think.

Oh yea I definitely need my fix. I do the occasional comic-con and such. I was on vacation right before  Pax this year but I am going to try and go next year as I have yet to attend one. 

Sep 3, 2014 at 2:45 PM Post #23 of 2,062

I love the midnight releases my first one was Cod BO2 AWESOME, but me as well I seriously hope you get your key I know imma be right there in line ready to get mine hopefully lucky enough to get a special edition haha hey also don't forget to pre-order cod advanced warfare to get a legendary black armor for your characters also there's the destinyplanetviewer.com find all the hotspots (which are laid out in a path) to get a legendary emblem.

Sep 5, 2014 at 5:22 PM Post #24 of 2,062
http://www.destinythegame.com/digital-upgrade

If you purchase a DIGITAL copy of Destiny for PS3 or 360, you will automatically get it for PS4 or Xbone (respectively) for free! 

Sep 5, 2014 at 11:14 PM Post #27 of 2,062
^Hahaha

Well, I was able to somehow get a LE for the PS4 into my cart on the Walmart website, but it would not let me check out using my card. I did, however, manage to get it ordered through cash payment, so I have until Sunday night to go in and pay. Fingers crossed this works...

Sep 6, 2014 at 12:08 AM Post #28 of 2,062
^Hahaha

Well, I was able to somehow get a LE for the PS4 into my cart on the Walmart website, but it would not let me check out using my card. I did, however, manage to get it ordered through cash payment, so I have until Sunday night to go in and pay. Fingers crossed this works...

Damn, now we have to put up with this guy in the game too. Come on everyone else, let's take our toys and go play on the other side of the sandbox.

Sep 6, 2014 at 10:47 AM Post #30 of 2,062
^Hahaha

Good luck! Let us know if it works.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back