Destiny
Aug 15, 2014 at 12:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2,062

Army-Firedawg

1000+ Head-Fier
I haven't been so excited about a game this much in a long time I'm getting mine on the PS4 loved the Alpha and Beta so who else is thinking or rather getting the game itself and what's your thoughts on it.
Onto actual playing I played all three classes to level 8 and hands down loved the Titan the best. I found the visuals absolutely stricking and omgsh the sound and music in the game is magnificant. All the stores I went to already sold out of not only the limited edition but the Ghost so I'm trying to get my hands on one on release day haha

Aug 17, 2014 at 11:49 PM Post #2 of 2,062
Absolutely agree though my favorite class was the hunter as I felt he was the most nimble. Great game so far and I cannot wait to see how the classes further differentiate themselves later on and what kind of dynamic team work results from it. I have mine already on preorder and had a ton of extra PTO I have to get rid of so I informed my gf I'm taking  a staycation when it comes out so she knows I'm going into hermit mode. 

Aug 18, 2014 at 8:16 PM Post #3 of 2,062
Absolutely agree though my favorite class was the hunter as I felt he was the most nimble. Great game so far and I cannot wait to see how the classes further differentiate themselves later on and what kind of dynamic team work results from it. I have mine already on preorder and had a ton of extra PTO I have to get rid of so I informed my gf I'm taking  a staycation when it comes out so she knows I'm going into hermit mode. 

Hahah that's beautiful my friend wish I could join you. I'm excited to see the incompasing of the single and co-op layout as well unlike watchdogs where you pretty much got the shaft for people coming into your game you can choose your parties and the customization of your character is wonderfully balanced to not overdue anyone but yet leave people to be individuals. Also I keep up with some youtubers who went to gamescon/ sony press event and they mentioned the DLC will directly incompass already existing areas and missions so you can interact with players on another mission whilst doing your DLC one so I'm very interested in how they incorporate that. I must really give this game credit I've never so into a game before.....Hate that my Titan I worked so hard for got deleted and my ship that I saved money for 2 days is gone as well oh well just gotta get it again.

Aug 21, 2014 at 9:35 AM Post #5 of 2,062
I'll be joining you folks in the world of Destiny when it launches on the PS4 as well. I didn't get to play in the alpha/beta since I didn't have a PS4 at the time. But man am I looking forward to it. Much excite.

Well welcome to the forum Guardian (haha had to). That's not an entire bad thing, the Alpha/Beta was amazing and gave you a great idea but also not playing saved you the heart ache of getting your character up and unlocking special items etc... that was rumored to transfer over to full retail only to find out they wiped everything. Have you watched any youtube videos or read up on em if so which class you liking the most?

Aug 21, 2014 at 1:27 PM Post #6 of 2,062

Well welcome to the forum Guardian (haha had to). That's not an entire bad thing, the Alpha/Beta was amazing and gave you a great idea but also not playing saved you the heart ache of getting your character up and unlocking special items etc... that was rumored to transfer over to full retail only to find out they wiped everything. Have you watched any youtube videos or read up on em if so which class you liking the most?

I've seen a few YouTube videos but not much. From what I've read people say it's a cross between Borderlands and Mass Effect, two of my all time favorite game franchises. If that's the case I may have a nerdgasm every time I play.

Aug 21, 2014 at 1:49 PM Post #7 of 2,062
I was dead set on playing Titan for my main after the beta.  

But then I watched Datto's video on the Bladedancer subclass for the Hunter and I am REALLY really tempted.  The only problem is I'd have to play 15 levels of the lame Gunslinger to unlock it.  :frowning2:

Aug 21, 2014 at 2:10 PM Post #8 of 2,062

I've seen a few YouTube videos but not much. From what I've read people say it's a cross between Borderlands and Mass Effect, two of my all time favorite game franchises. If that's the case I may have a nerdgasm every time I play.

HAHAHA busted out laughing at your last remark haha and I don't think mass effect but borderlands and halo I find it to be mostly balanced. But I'm also die hard Titan I've got all 3 to level 8 and by far loved my Titan the most. Friggin dying trying to find a limited or ghost edition available for the 4.

Aug 21, 2014 at 2:13 PM Post #9 of 2,062

HAHAHA busted out laughing at your last remark haha and I don't think mass effect but borderlands and halo I find it to be mostly balanced. But I'm also die hard Titan I've got all 3 to level 8 and by far loved my Titan the most. Friggin dying trying to find a limited or ghost edition available for the 4.

Keep an eye on /r/DestinyTheGame, they always post right away when things come back in stock.

Aug 21, 2014 at 2:41 PM Post #10 of 2,062
Keep an eye on /r/DestinyTheGame, they always post right away when things come back in stock.

Heck yeah That's awesome thanks

Aug 21, 2014 at 5:30 PM Post #11 of 2,062

I purchased the digital collectors. I don't like having physical things cluttering up my house so I tend to shy away from collector's editions that come with maps, scale models, fancy boxes etc. I want all of the digital things I can get so I went that route. And I felt dirty doing so, but I pre-ordered from GameStop. Hopefully they'll let me pre-load the game like I could if I had purchased directly from the PlayStation Store. Good luck getting a limited or a ghost edition.

Aug 21, 2014 at 5:37 PM Post #12 of 2,062
I purchased the digital collectors. I don't like having physical things cluttering up my house so I tend to shy away from collector's editions that come with maps, scale models, fancy boxes etc. I want all of the digital things I can get so I went that route. And I felt dirty doing so, but I pre-ordered from GameStop. Hopefully they'll let me pre-load the game like I could if I had purchased directly from the PlayStation Store. Good luck getting a limited or a ghost edition.

I'm strongly thibking of going that route but I really am a sucker for boxes haha I even still have the boxes of all my headphones (though I'll prob start throwing some of the away(

Aug 23, 2014 at 3:01 AM Post #13 of 2,062
Best bet to get a LE Destiny copy is to go to your local Wal-Mart at midnight. I don't know about your areas, but my local wal-mart never really has long lines on launch nights. It's how I was able to get a PS4, there were only nine people in line at around 11pm. I got in line, and was the second to last person to get one that was in stock after pre-orders were fullfilled.

Aug 23, 2014 at 11:46 AM Post #14 of 2,062
Best bet to get a LE Destiny copy is to go to your local Wal-Mart at midnight. I don't know about your areas, but my local wal-mart never really has long lines on launch nights. It's how I was able to get a PS4, there were only nine people in line at around 11pm. I got in line, and was the second to last person to get one that was in stock after pre-orders were fullfilled.

That's what I was thinking as well, back when that POS Ghosts came out that's how I got the limited edition too is for they had (and still have) excess overstock. But welcome to the thread my friend any input on the game, you get to play it any yet? Or plan to?

Sep 3, 2014 at 5:59 AM Post #15 of 2,062
Thread more or less died out but it may kick up again seeing we're less than ONE WEEK away!! Still struggling to get a limited or even a ghost edition but I'm still gunning for someone to cancel their order. Who's a lucky one that was able to successfully pre-order one?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back