Desktop Portable, but what source?
Aug 27, 2007 at 9:53 PM Post #31 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by beatsforboobs /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am now particularly interested in the Micro Portable with DAC as I think this will complement the R-09 to make a lightweight, hi-fidelity rig.

This is the link to the player, and no I don't work for Roland.

http://www.rolandus.com/products/pro...7&ParentId=114

Optical out and it runs on AA batteries! Very impressive. Now if only at accepted SDHC which go up to 32 GB. It supports a maximum 2GB standard SD.

Aug 28, 2007 at 4:55 AM Post #32 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by beatsforboobs /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am now particularly interested in the Micro Portable with DAC as I think this will complement the R-09 to make a lightweight, hi-fidelity rig.

This is the link to the player, and no I don't work for Roland.

http://www.rolandus.com/products/pro...7&ParentId=114

Nice first post, mate. And---by the looks of it I don't have to, but must---give you the traditional Head-Fi welcome: "sorry about your wallet".

Seriously, nice catch on that one, we'll have to have a look at one of those .

Aug 28, 2007 at 12:31 PM Post #33 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by cooperpwc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Optical out and it runs on AA batteries! Very impressive. Now if only at accepted SDHC which go up to 32 GB. It supports a maximum 2GB standard SD.

It seems you missed this, it seems that as of Nov. 2006 a firmware update allows for SDHC.

Aug 28, 2007 at 7:12 PM Post #34 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by morphsci /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hello ... Have these started shipping yet? If not what is the new ETA? Inquiring minds want to know.

Morphsci,

The new '07 HeadRoom Portable Desktop Amps have indeed begun shipping as of last week.... Our initial production batch of these units has just sold-out; we expect to have another small run of Portable Desktops coming off the line here in about another 6-9 business days -- IF all goes well!
blink.gif

I will hazard to say we have a back-order 'waiting list' starting to build for these lovelies!

Cheers,
Jorge
HR Product/Sales Manager

Aug 29, 2007 at 2:41 AM Post #35 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by JorgeC /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Morphsci,

The new '07 HeadRoom Portable Desktop Amps have indeed begun shipping as of last week.... Our initial production batch of these units has just sold-out; we expect to have another small run of Portable Desktops coming off the line here in about another 6-9 business days -- IF all goes well!
blink.gif

I will hazard to say we have a back-order 'waiting list' starting to build for these lovelies!

Cheers,
Jorge
HR Product/Sales Manager

I didn't realize the preorder queue was that deep. Any way to get an estimate of how long we are talking here? Thanks.

Oct 4, 2007 at 6:07 PM Post #37 of 38
Ordered the new Archos 605 WiFi w/ the DVR dock. The DVR dock is supposed to allow S/PDIF output for this unit, which will be uber sweet when it's connected to the HeadRoom Desktop Portable!

I'll post my thoughts when it gets here.

--Scott

Feb 2, 2008 at 8:03 PM Post #38 of 38
Did your Archos ever come in? any comments on how it works with the desktop portable?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back