Desktop MP3 speakers?
Jul 27, 2005 at 9:00 AM Post #33 of 38
Being the student on a budget kinda guy, I just picked a set of 2.1 Computer Speakers to use. Comes with AC adapter and everything, albeit its sorta hard to carry around. But the sub and seperate speakers are quite nice sounding, I tried the $100+ JBL/Creative/etc Ipod speakers with my Carbon and they didn't sound nearly as good as my cheapie set up. Just a suggestion if you need to save some money.. and your boss wouldn't suspect a thing
wink.gif

Jul 29, 2005 at 5:28 PM Post #34 of 38
I have this one (in silver):
link

Only payed 20 Euro for it. They sound surprisingly great, very detailed. They actually have bass, down to something like 200Hz. They use a bass-reflex system and the bass-boost button works well.

Even the surround button gives a very nice effect, makes it sound like the audio isn't coming from the speakers and increases treble detail. I hardly ever like these fake surround effects, but with this one it works very well.

The housing is made out of aluminum and the drivers can be pushed into the housing to protect them. Works forever on 4 AA batteries. 3.5mm line-in, AC adapter provided. Quite small as well.

Jul 30, 2005 at 11:55 AM Post #36 of 38
^ dude you rock.

Aug 1, 2005 at 2:18 AM Post #37 of 38
Aug 1, 2005 at 3:35 PM Post #38 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by ILikeMusic
Not sure why Creative made the DC socket on the TravelSound just a bit too small to work with their standard 5-volt adapters... wanted to sell you another one I guess.

Harvey Fong over at Creative Labs says that was a huge oversight on their part. He still slaps his head as to why all Creative Labs mp3 players use the same adaptor but they made a slighter smaller tip for the TravelSound speakers!

blink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back