Desktop MP3 speakers?
Jul 14, 2005 at 8:33 PM Post #16 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by tgunner
Oh, I forgot, the speakers I posted about, the Cyber Acoustic's, do come with an AC adapter. So, in review, you get the speakers, a very soft velcro case, a patch cable, and an AC Adapter for $29.99.

Tempting package price...I like how it uses AA instead of Creative's AAA.

Btw, Creative Labs' official ebay store is unloading bulk (oem?) versions of Travelsound for $20-30+ cheaper in case anyone else feels like blowing off a piece of tomorrow's paycheck.

Jul 14, 2005 at 8:44 PM Post #17 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by gshan

Btw, Creative Labs' official ebay store is unloading bulk (oem?) versions of Travelsound for $20-30+ cheaper in case anyone else feels like blowing off a piece of tomorrow's paycheck.

linky?

Jul 14, 2005 at 10:47 PM Post #19 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by gshan

it uses AA batteries not AAA.

Jul 15, 2005 at 2:56 PM Post #21 of 38
Yes, the TravelSounds do run on four “AAA” batteries, but they last a really long time. Creative Labs quotes 30+ hours of playback on one set of batteries. I think I usually get at least 25 hours of playback. Not too shabby in my opinion.

tongue.gif

Jul 15, 2005 at 5:41 PM Post #22 of 38
Jul 15, 2005 at 5:53 PM Post #23 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by Orestes
i have this set.

ahhhh.JPG

eggosmile.gif

How does the Heineken sound?

Jul 15, 2005 at 9:28 PM Post #25 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by Alu
How does the Heineken sound?

depends on how many you have had.
biggrin.gif

Jul 15, 2005 at 9:53 PM Post #26 of 38
Quote:

depends on how many you have had.
biggrin.gif

tongue.gif

I bet it makes you think like you were actually there when you listen to classical recordings or live concerts.

Jul 15, 2005 at 10:13 PM Post #27 of 38
Jul 19, 2005 at 2:37 PM Post #29 of 38
Quote:

Yes. The adapter must be purchased separately. $14 from the Creative website.

Also, it is easy to mod the TravelSound to use the AC to 5 VDC apapter that comes with most Creative players. Just remove the housing around the battery section of the TravelSound (4 screws) and use an Exacto knife to open up the size of the DC adapter socket just a bit so that the plug from the Creative AC adapter will fit. Works great...

Not sure why Creative made the DC socket on the TravelSound just a bit too small to work with their standard 5-volt adapters... wanted to sell you another one I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back