Desktop MP3 speakers?
Jul 13, 2005 at 1:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 38

HyperM3

100+ Head-Fier
I dont know if this is the wrong place to ask but I figured it was most applicable. I want to play my MP3 player at my desk at work but not be so loud that other people can hear me. I also dont want to run it line-out to my computer to play through those speakers.

I was wondering what people are using if anything and if they have pics also with prices.

Thanks in advance.

Jul 13, 2005 at 9:35 PM Post #3 of 38
Kick butt thats cool. How small is it though? I couldnt find dimensions on that site. Thanks for your reply, anyone else?

Jul 13, 2005 at 10:04 PM Post #5 of 38
HyperM3, you can use 2.0 computer speakers with portable players. Just plug the line out jack to your player's line-out or headphone-out. Plus, you'll be able to use a power plug, instead of draining batteries. I would browse newegg.com for speakers, filter by 2.0, and sort by lowest price etc. as needed.

Jul 14, 2005 at 12:46 AM Post #6 of 38
It is just slightly smaller than a brick, but not nearly as heavy!
orphsmile.gif

Jul 14, 2005 at 2:31 AM Post #8 of 38
Those are some good ideas. Thanks guys. I dont need anything really expensive, its only going to be played at a barely audible level at my desk. Although while searching I really fell in love with the design of some of the new Creative speakers.

Jul 14, 2005 at 3:11 AM Post #9 of 38
i have this set.

ahhhh.JPG

eggosmile.gif

Jul 14, 2005 at 2:49 PM Post #10 of 38
^^^^
I have the Creative Labs Travelsounds too. They're really light and portable and have excellent sound output. I've used them at barbeques, on the beach, in hotel rooms and it always sounds great.

lambda.gif

Jul 14, 2005 at 4:17 PM Post #11 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by GSTom1
^^^^
I have the Creative Labs Travelsounds too. They're really light and portable and have excellent sound output. I've used them at barbeques, on the beach, in hotel rooms and it always sounds great.

lambda.gif

Not too expensive either. Do these creative speakers have a power plug input by any chance?

Jul 14, 2005 at 6:05 PM Post #12 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by gshan
Not too expensive either. Do these creative speakers have a power plug input by any chance?

Yes. The adapter must be purchased separately. $14 from the Creative website.

Jul 14, 2005 at 7:01 PM Post #13 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by gshan

If you get the white ones (i300), it comes with the power adaptor. If you buy the silver one, it doesn't come with an AC adaptor ($10 cheaper), but you can always buy one later.

CREATIVE TRAVELSOUND

cool.gif

Jul 14, 2005 at 8:25 PM Post #15 of 38
Oh, I forgot, the speakers I posted about, the Cyber Acoustic's, do come with an AC adapter. So, in review, you get the speakers, a very soft velcro case, a patch cable, and an AC Adapter for $29.99.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back