Desktop Amp for Beyerdynamic DT 770 250 ohms w/ Audio Interface
Oct 29, 2012 at 2:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

jayxem

New Head-Fier
I'm looking for an office setup.
Plan to buy Beyerdynamic DT 770 250 ohms headphones.

My issue is that my office pc's soundcard is busted.
I ordered a simple external interface to go around it.

I've been looking for a simple desktop amp solution to add to the cheap external interface. I'm not looking for a portable solution as I plan on playing music directly from the PC and rather use a usb powered or ac powered solution. I'm also a DJ so having an extra interface + amp is nice if I need it. I also have a pair of Denon 2000's at home but one of the cups broke off due to the poor design. The headphone amp could be used later for home use with the Denon's in the studio or home listening sessions.

Using a pc card doesn't work as the pc I use at work isn't mine and well you know how that goes.

I've been looking at the FiiO E9 and E10 but not sure if they will work out considering I'm using an external audio interface. I've read up a ton on the forums but can't seem to find a solid thread for a desktop purpose paired with an external audio interface. It seems like everyone recommends the portable route.

Some insight would be great!
Thanks!

Oct 29, 2012 at 2:10 PM Post #2 of 2
Probably going to grab this little audio interface.
http://www.amazon.com/Behringer-UCA222-U-Control-Ultra-Low-Interface/dp/B0023BYDHK/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1351534145&sr=8-5&keywords=audio+interface

Users who are viewing this thread

Back