150GB;
Rockbox Support (FLAC, WV, gapless, etc. support);
50+ hours life and user replaceable battery;
Optical output;
Nano Size;
File Tree Browse;
Drag 'n' Drop;
Scratch Proof.

If possible for all this, a reasoable price ...
biggrin.gif

Jul 30, 2007 at 5:52 PM Post #33 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by epaludo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
150GB;
Rockbox Support (FLAC, WV, gapless, etc. support);
50+ hours life and user replaceable battery;
Optical output;
Nano Size;
File Tree Browse;
Drag 'n' Drop;
Scratch Proof.

If possible for all this, a reasoable price ...
biggrin.gif

I'd pay $500 for that
biggrin.gif

Jul 30, 2007 at 6:09 PM Post #34 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by dissembled /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Forgot to add something. Replaceable battery baby! Do you know the thrill it is to have 6 batteries in hand for a DAP?

FLAC files all loaded up in a heated car trip. Eargasm until the battery is depleted. Of course lossless is important but it's quite mute with only one battery at hand. And what happens years later when that battery will fail? Even if you send it back to the manufacturer, there's an extreme likelihood that they no longer carry any accessories for that player any longer.

Better to buy 30 batteries or so, freeze them and enjoy a good sounding DAP for 5+ years. Until the hard drive craps out on that is. HAHA
evil_smiley.gif

I love rechargeables.
basshead.gif
My i5 uses 1 AAA.

I bought £10s worth on eBay, 8 X 1000mAh. I already have an ultra-fast AA/AAA charger. So in a couple of hours I have 4 fully filled-up love lozenges.
wink.gif
Even playing Ogg Vorbis they last for a good 10 hours or more.
600smile.gif

Jul 30, 2007 at 6:17 PM Post #35 of 57
x5 build quality
x5L battery life
karma EQ
A2 codec support (audio and video)
no software
COMES WITH AN A/C ADAPTER
Kenwood SQ
D2 output power
Zune UI

the technology is out there, just in different parts

Jul 30, 2007 at 9:59 PM Post #37 of 57
My computer set-up in portable format.

A stupid battery-life off one external AA/AAA, 40-50 hours. With capacity of 200GB HD or 30GBs flash. Supporting FLAC.

About $300?

Jul 30, 2007 at 10:39 PM Post #38 of 57
I just wish something other than the iPod, had iPod like features especially playing multi-disc albums in disc-track order instead of track-disc or needing a playlist. The other functions I can't live without are gapless playback and smart playlists. I would love 120GB hard drive.

Jul 31, 2007 at 3:03 AM Post #40 of 57
How about a PDVDP (no video, just music like a PCDP, same size as a PCDP) with a digital amp (or line out), AA batteries, capable of playing/burning dual-layer DVD's for a total of around 9GB of FLAC files.

Does this exist already?

Jul 31, 2007 at 4:34 AM Post #44 of 57
I'll try to keep this within reason.

- An outer finish that's something like the new iPod Nanos. Basically, something scratchproof.
- 10GB or more of flash storage.
- Must function like a USB mass storage device. No proprietary software of any kind should be encluded at all.
- Must support file tree-style browsing (tag browsing is optional).
- iPod-like wheel-thing for navigation. No one's done better than that yet. (Basically, anything that allows me to scroll continuously without stopping and going back to the beginning of a strip thing. A mechanical click-wheel like on the recent Sansa DAPs would work too, but I'd prefer an iPod-style one without the easily breakable parts.)
- Optical lineout.
- Native FLAC support.
- Movie playing is entirely optional (I wouldn't miss it if it wasn't there), but if it is there, it should require no altering of the movie files. I want something like VLC player that'll just play anything, no questions asked.
- A screen that can be seen in direct sunlight. Doesn't matter if it's colour or black and white (unless of course they choose to allow movies on there).
- A built in text file viewer that can display at least 10 lines.
- Long battery life (20+ hours).
- Decent sounding and powerful headphone out (possibly with a gain switch).
- Replaceable battery.
- Should come packaged with wall charger and all necessary cords, and without headphones of any kind.
- Line in wav recording (no mic is necessary, I can just buy one and feed it to the line in).
- About the size of a current video iPod or ZVM.
- Memory card slot.
- At least seven-band EQ.

Sep 10, 2007 at 11:24 PM Post #45 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZackP /img/forum/go_quote.gif
mine would have the sound quality of an imod, the built in amp as good as a xin supermicro, or rsa hornet, 3 inch screen, 100+ gb hard drive, pocketable, zune GUI, 7 band customizable EQ, lots of codec support, vid and pics, and 20+ hour battery life.

What would yours be?

This is only for the DAP, not including software, and it can't be a phone or camera, or have internet

And... the closest thing to your dream player is here if it ever gets rockboxed. Its called the iPod Classic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back