Depressing
Feb 15, 2009 at 5:39 AM Post #46 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by -=Germania=- /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Long story short is that I really like him, but I am getting fed up and it may be time to force him to be a little jealous by saying yes to other guys when they ask me out ( I said no to two guys thinking that this might work out). I suck at mind games though.

Better to be a bit confrontational or drop obvious hints than do the jealousy thing with a nice guy.

If some girl I was interested in did that to me, she'd get dropped on the spot. I don't date girls (or especially take it to the next level) who aren't interested in me and only me (What's the point otherwise?). I do this because mind games piss me off. If you can't be honest and open (even if it's by hinting) before marriage/before things get serious/however you want to say it, how can I trust you'll be that way when it matters?

People who play games aren't ready for the real thing. I'm only 22 and I know that (and I also know I'm not ready for the real thing, FWIW. I'm too immature to start raising my own young ones).

Granted, you can date around if you want to. That is your choice and it might be the right one for all I know. However, if you want him to chase you or "go for it", there's probably a better way than going on a date with someone else. Sometimes a good drunken talk (or non-drunken, if you prefer) to get things out in the open is a good way to approach this kind of thing.

Feb 15, 2009 at 5:41 AM Post #47 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by obobskivich /img/forum/go_quote.gif
so far taikero and erik have made this all the funnier

also, erik, haven't you had that .45 in your trunk for a few days now? or did it get to at least go inside at night? or is this yet another new toy?

lol @ the general tone of this thread

and X2 to taikero's point on "probably agrees but..."

Oh no, it's been out of the trunk for a week. Just lying there, in the bedroom while I shuffled paper for something like 95 hours last week.

I had to go in for a few hours today, so I kept a couple of my targets and taped them up at Annie's desk. She's not especially fond of firearms.

Germania - you need to make a move on the guy. Take him out to a mall or some place where you can walk and talk for awhile. While you're walking and talking, reach over and take his hand. He won't turn you down.

Feb 15, 2009 at 6:56 AM Post #48 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by -=Germania=- /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Long story short is that I really like him, but I am getting fed up and it may be time to force him to be a little jealous by saying yes to other guys when they ask me out ( I said no to two guys thinking that this might work out). I suck at mind games though.

You don't want to get into mind games, trust me. It is not worth the emotional pain it causes. Just be open and honest is the best policy.

What do you have against older men anyway? Last girlfriend I had was 19 years my junior and she liked it. I'm older but only a little creepy.
wink.gif

Feb 15, 2009 at 12:23 PM Post #51 of 51
Thankfully we don´t celebrate valentines day in Denmark
biggrin.gif

...to me its another foolish tradition of dictated activities, forced emotions and hyped expectations (with a commercial twist). Much like new years and christmas. How confining these silly conventions can be
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back