Depeche Mode/Grado Usage
Mar 22, 2009 at 11:04 PM Post #2 of 10
Yeah, pretty cool, eh? I've posted something comparable some time ago. Excellent video, excellent song. Don't own Grado myself, but I do really like Depeche Mode.

Mar 23, 2009 at 1:11 AM Post #4 of 10
Oh hey you did! That's a great clip haven't seen that one. In the few I watched I couldn't tell they were SR80's. Very interesting. Says a lot about Grados maybe? I've never owned a pair but they were initially what I wanted. Still would like to get a pair.

Mar 23, 2009 at 4:38 AM Post #7 of 10
That is a weird choice for mastering, but it probably means that we should be listening on grados.

Apr 11, 2009 at 2:35 AM Post #9 of 10
They aren't mastering they are tracking. Really, what the singer hears or how he hears it doesn't mean much. He might actually be wearing grados because they are so forward and allow him to groove more to the music that he is supposed to be adding a groovy vocal track to. It is what the recording engineers, mixers, and mastering guys hear that matters when it comes to how the record will turn out when you and I hear it. In all likelihood those guys ain't wearing grados for that work.

Jun 22, 2018 at 9:47 AM Post #10 of 10
2018_06_22_093143_cr_cr.jpg

From . We can see SR-60s

Users who are viewing this thread

Back