Denver summer meet, 2016 - August 27
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 26, 2016 at 11:15 AM Post #121 of 156
WooHoo! The meet is on the home page and it's tomorrow! I'm stoked. Heading up to Denver later this afternoon.

I think the first pos with the equipment list is up to date. Let me know if now, and I will fix it tonight. I'll have two Mac laptops and an iPad with Tidal, so hopefully that will cover anyone that needs a source. @ujiko if you want to use one of the MAcBooks, please bring some music on a flash drive. 

See you all tomorrow. 

Please remember to bring a few bucks to help cover the cost of the room 

Aug 26, 2016 at 11:28 AM Post #122 of 156
One more thing. Please remember to brigand extension cord and power-strip if you need power for your equipment. 

Aug 26, 2016 at 3:45 PM Post #123 of 156
I have one friend coming along now as well ... Not decided yet which equipment he will bring though. But he will need a table as well.

Aug 26, 2016 at 11:40 PM Post #125 of 156
I've had some unforeseen family issues come up and will not be there tomorrow 
confused_face_2.gif

SUPER Bummed out!

Aug 27, 2016 at 1:06 AM Post #127 of 156
Most of my stuff is packed and ready to be loaded into the car in the morning

Just the RNHP is still playing with the Modi 2U and 650s to burn in over night as I got a brand new unit ... but it will have about 15-20hrs on it at the meet (and its already sounding good)

See you all tomorrow morning

Aug 27, 2016 at 10:03 AM Post #128 of 156

Well , crap. I packed everything last night. I was just loading my car and got a call from work. Being in IT... well stuff breaks and I have to fix it.
I need to go to the office. We will see how long it takes. Maybe I can get to the meet later. If not, sorry guys. Both for not bringing what I promised and missing the time with the folks and equipment.

If I don't make it, keep me in mind for the next one. I have really enjoyed the previous meets and hate that I may not get to this one.

Aug 27, 2016 at 10:10 AM Post #129 of 156
Well , crap. I packed everything last night. I was just loading my car and got a call from work. Being in IT... well stuff breaks and I have to fix it.
I need to go to the office. We will see how long it takes. Maybe I can get to the meet later. If not, sorry guys. Both for not bringing what I promised and missing the time with the folks and equipment.

If I don't make it, keep me in mind for the next one. I have really enjoyed the previous meets and hate that I may not get to this one.

Crud. I really wanted to spend time with an He-560, and I think you were the last one. I hope you can make it.

Aug 28, 2016 at 2:02 PM Post #133 of 156

And I spent the day at work...
confused_face_2.gif

Anyone take any pictures?

Aug 28, 2016 at 2:10 PM Post #134 of 156
I had a great time a the meet, even though I didn't get to listen to any HE-560's :)

Lots of cool stuff, and I should have taken more pictures. I think I only took two, which I'll post later. 

The two really memorable events at the meet for me were listening to the HE-1000's (Thanks ujiko) and the Modi/Yiggy blind comparison. The HE-1000 really brought out some detail in songs that I couldn't hear with my HD800 or Ethers. I need to try at home with my ESP950 and other cans to see if I can reproduce the detail, but I'm guessing I cannot. The HE-1000's are thin compared to the Edition X, but significantly better than HEX.

We also set up a blind test between the Modi 2 and the Yiggy. With some electronica, the difference were very subtle, but we all heard the piggy to be fuller, and possibly louder. Both DACs output 75 ohm, but the modi 1.5v. The piggy spend isn't given, so we don't know if it outputs louder. That would invalidate the test.

With some classical music, the difference were more pronounced. The piggy resolved better, and the lower end was fuller. This was more apparent to some, and less to others.

In my case, I proved to myself that the DAC matters, but very little. Again, this is to my ears. To others there, the difference was night and day.

Aug 28, 2016 at 2:39 PM Post #135 of 156
Sorry about the 560s ..and me, not being there.

The HE 1000, even though I have heard some criticize it, is my favorite sound signature to date. I listened to it at our last meet with my gear compared to the HE 6, Ether and my 560s. I also had the pleasure of listening to it at the Cavalli booth at RMAF with his Liquid gold. I compared it to things like a modded 560, Ether,  hd800, and even the Abyss. It still came out on top (though the Abyss is quite impressive). Unfortunately my budget just has no room in it for a $3K headphone.

Hopefully we can do another meet sometime. If so, I just will not answer my phone when I am getting ready to leave the house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back