• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 19, 2023 at 7:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 92

Voxata

Headphoneus Supremus
Denver, CO Head-Fi Meet
Date & Time: Saturday, Nov 11, 2023 from 1pm-6pm

Note: This address is in downtown Denver--in an office building. Many GPSs will try to direct you to 1675 South Broadway. That is not what you want. You want plain 1675 Broadway (or 1675 N Broadway if that doesn't work). Make sure you are heading into downtown.

For those with a lot of gear, @Hiker816 will try to arrange access to the loading bay underneath the building so you can unload gear for a few minutes, then exit to park nearby.

There are a few nearby parking garages/areas. This is a good option: https://parkchirp.com/facilities/1635-tremont-place-parking/ Walk to the venue from this location is a couple minutes. If you are taking public transit to the meet, you can take the light rail to Union Station, then hop on the free 16th Street Mall bus and take it to the Court place stop where the building is located. Please respond to this thread if you are interested in carpooling and we can help make arrangements. Parking is pretty cheap and close/convenient.

If you are planning to attend, please send a @Hiker816 or @Voxata confirming and include any questions you may have. If you want access to the loading bay, please also provide your full name, as security will check and sign everyone in. In that PM, include your cell and I will include mine in a response. Since the building is access-controlled, we need to coordinate your arrival so we can let you in.

1697756624301.png

Oct 19, 2023 at 8:32 PM Post #3 of 92
Unless something unusual happens, I would lke to attend.

Oct 19, 2023 at 11:22 PM Post #4 of 92
Awesome!!

Oct 20, 2023 at 1:37 AM Post #5 of 92
What kind of gear are you all planning on bringing?

Oct 20, 2023 at 11:20 AM Post #6 of 92
Well I can bring various Stax equipment.

Oct 20, 2023 at 11:49 AM Post #7 of 92
I'll be bringing a Mercury V2 streamer with internal nvme drive loaded with music. I'll be able to provide transport to multiple DACs at the meet for those who would like to take advantage. Aside from this I will be bringing a modded BF2 and other gears as well. If there is another BF2 owner coming send me a PM for something interesting.

Oct 20, 2023 at 2:24 PM Post #8 of 92
My kit lives in my office, so I'll have everything in my signature! Though, I won't be able to move the server/streamer I'm borrowing from a fellow head-fi'er (thanks, @littlej0e ) into the conference room (long story), so I would have to walk folks back to my office to hear it. It also means you can't listen to my Mitch filters unless I bring you to my office to listen, or someone else has them on their source. (Voxata, you don't have the Mitch filters on your Mercury V2, do you?).

I plan to put a few things up for sale soon, so if you're in the market, let me know! You could try & buy at the meet.

Oct 21, 2023 at 10:57 AM Post #10 of 92
My kit lives in my office, so I'll have everything in my signature! Though, I won't be able to move the server/streamer I'm borrowing from a fellow head-fi'er (thanks, @littlej0e ) into the conference room (long story), so I would have to walk folks back to my office to hear it. It also means you can't listen to my Mitch filters unless I bring you to my office to listen, or someone else has them on their source. (Voxata, you don't have the Mitch filters on your Mercury V2, do you?).

I plan to put a few things up for sale soon, so if you're in the market, let me know! You could try & buy at the meet.
I don't even know what a Mitch filter is. EQ profiles? I've got a FusionDSP plugin that has access to a massive list of EQ profiles. I'll have to figure out connectivity if needed though as it'll be configured in a way that I'm connecting to it via wifi to control using a tablet. I can load a profile or two for you though just let me know what headphones. Also, listing items you've got FS and having them at the meet is a great idea as well!

Oct 21, 2023 at 3:27 PM Post #11 of 92
I'll be there! I should be able to bring one of the following:

- T+A 200 DAC
- Wadia 27ix DAC

@Voxata - yep, "Mitch filters" are predefined EQ profiles created specifically for individual headphones and usually implemented via Roon's DSP engine, but also usable with HQPlayer as well.

Edit: I'll just bring the T+A. The Wadia is old and takes too long to warm up.

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2023 at 5:17 PM Post #12 of 92
Ah nice - yeah the volumio FusionDSP headphone EQ database is outstanding, but I'll have to figure out internet connectivity as the entirety of these profiles are not loaded by default. Instead they are fetched when requested. I'll see if I can find a workaround.

Oct 22, 2023 at 12:55 AM Post #13 of 92
@Hiker816 and @Voxata

I plan on attending. I will bring A&K ACRO CA1000T, Trafomatic Head 2, Yamaha YH-5000SE, Meze Elite, and JM Audio XTC Closed.

Oct 22, 2023 at 5:17 PM Post #15 of 92
Dang, if it were a few days earlier I'd be in Denver to attend. Gotta be back in time for CanJam Dallas lol.
Alas, I suppose losing a few of the most hardcore head-fi'ers to the concurrent CanJam was inevitable. @eruilluvitar , are you also going to be gone at CanJam?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back