With the lovely CX3 combo in the background! Nice
biggrin.gif

6263373.jpg

6263386.jpg

6263381.jpg

denonlab2.jpg

Looks like a tomahawk! Nice
biggrin.gif
The same person also brought his imod ipod + sr71 to try it.

Im compiling impressions from various blogs

Jan 28, 2007 at 8:26 PM Post #17 of 250
Wow, these look pretty small/thin.
ATHs tend to be BIG. These ones look more a like a headphone for the wide crowd which sees headphones as "assecoire".

Could imagine myself walking through the city of Berlin with these. COULD.
wink.gif

I realised the name "doubles", too. We'll se what happens.

m00h

Jan 28, 2007 at 8:40 PM Post #19 of 250
Quote:

Originally Posted by m00hk00h /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow, these look pretty small/thin.
ATHs tend to be BIG. These ones look more a like a headphone for the wide crowd which sees headphones as "assecoire".

Could imagine myself walking through the city of Berlin with these. COULD.
wink.gif

I realised the name "doubles", too. We'll se what happens.

m00h

I noticed that too. The cups of the DX1000 seem to be at least twice as deep as these.

Jan 28, 2007 at 8:41 PM Post #20 of 250
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm a pretty safe bet there. But at the same time, I'm not making any promises. I always thought I'd end up with a pair of JVC DX-1000 but so far have managed not to pull the trigger.

i was thinking that if anyone were to get it, it would be you mate. you in some ways are my hero beyond reckoning

Jan 28, 2007 at 8:50 PM Post #21 of 250
I will DEFINITELY get a pair of these. I'm a succer for woodies, and I *LOVE* mt JVC HP-DX1000's. They're fantastic cans. I have never been a fan of the AT Woody sound (not enough bass for me), so I hope the Denon sounds more like the JVC. We'll see. But as soon as I can figure out HOW to get a pair, I am there.

Jan 28, 2007 at 8:54 PM Post #23 of 250
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I will DEFINITELY get a pair of these. I'm a succer for woodies, and I *LOVE* mt JVC HP-DX1000's. They're fantastic cans. I have never been a fan of the AT Woody sound (not enough bass for me), so I hope the Denon sounds more like the JVC. We'll see. But as soon as I can figure out HOW to get a pair, I am there.

I fully agree with you, but I would make an exception for the L3000 (regarding the bass), if that could be called a true "woody" (there is wood underneath the leather).

Jan 28, 2007 at 8:58 PM Post #24 of 250
Allright heres a few impressions i found:

listener1:

fit: light pressure and comfortable fit
d1000: bright and light and open sound
d2000: is said to have good price/perfomance ratio, recommended by the author
d5000: has more richness in sound but isnt boomy

he asked about the 25ohms and denon answered theyre made for digital audio (huh?)

he made one of denons staff listen to the tomahawk and sr71 and stressed the importance of an amp to denon (nice work)
wink.gif

listener2:

D5000: high sound quality and suited for every genre, musical not analytical but detailed and good at expression of nuances
Fit is good because the headband is flexible and adjustable in length.
D2000 & D5000 are leaking more sound outside than the D1000

listener 1&2 want to use it as a portable but they arent happy with a 3m cable for portable use and 1 user objects their looks.

listener 3:

For both headphones sound leakage like an open phone is mentioned.

D2000: More analytical than musical (means it probably wont sound warm). But no harsh or emphasized region that jumps out. Its sound or timbre is comparable to the ATH-A1000/A900LTD. Recommended in the price range and the listener considers buying it

D5000: High quality bass but not especially strong. Doesnt have the vividness or richness (in soundstage?) of the W1000 or other ATs. I think with that he wants to say that its a little laid back like the HD650. The listener doesnt think it has a good price/perfoamnce ratio if you take in relation what you gain from D2000 with paying twice the price for the D5000. The bass left an impression, however the listener suggests the L3000 for bass
wink.gif

i suck at translating so i take no responsibilty for screw ups
wink.gif

EDIT: Having a quick look on rakuten & kakaku, the price is already down to 53000 yen for the D5000 even before their release .
The D2000 costs 26000Yen.... My fiancee will hate me
biggrin.gif

Jan 28, 2007 at 8:58 PM Post #25 of 250
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kees /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I fully agree with you, but I would make an exception for the L3000 (regarding the bass), if that could be called a true "woody" (there is wood underneath the leather).

True, I hear the L3000 has great bass. I have never been lucky enough to hear a pair.

I bet Audiocubes will carry the new Denons when they come out - you can get the JVC cans from them, as well as a bunch od Denon phono cartridges that Denon doesn't officially sell in the US (like the venerable DL103).

Jan 29, 2007 at 7:12 AM Post #28 of 250
A year or so ago, when Denon was rumored to be re-introducing some legacy phono cartridges, I did a little research into their background as audio firm. One of the reasons for my interest was the fact that every now and then, they release a high end line of products. I still have one of their direct drive turntables I bought back in the early '80s. It is excellent as was all of the DP series. It just doesn't belong in the rest of their product line! Apparently, the old man who started Denon is a tube loving vinyl guy and although I don't believe he is still on the board of directors, it seems like he sneaks a pet project into the mix. Hopefully, this is one of them.

Jan 29, 2007 at 7:17 AM Post #29 of 250
Quote:

Originally Posted by terance /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hopefully thats some kind of metal or aluminum, and not plastic

Well, not all plastic is weak. If it were made from UHMWPE, for example, you could probably drop them out of a plane without breaking them.
eek.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back