Denon Dx000 Recabling Questions
Feb 4, 2016 at 5:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Hifihedgehog

500+ Head-Fier
I am planning on recabling my Denon D2000's and I want to make sure I have do not have my wires crossed in my understanding of recabling them. :wink: Am I correct in stating that the positive lead goes to the hot/red pad on the left and the ground led goes to the opposite on the right on the back of the driver? That is what I took away from what this Head-Fi'er says here:
 Solder positive wire to red-marked contact. Ground to the other contact. This is how mine looked (despite the photo, my joints are small and shiny); note that the metallic insulation and glue is from the markl mod.

By the way, I am also interested in just using this cable for my upgrade. This should work fine, right?

Just to offer some perspective, I have been into electronics for almost a decade and I am a computer engineering student so I have years of experience with soldering and electronics. However, I also know from experience that all devices are different and there are always nuances to keep in mind. I just want to be sure I have not overlooked anything important that I should know. Thank you.

Feb 11, 2016 at 4:45 PM Post #4 of 4
  I just want to be sure I have not overlooked anything important that I should know. Thank you.

Note the original cable is inserted into the cup, knotted, and then an adhesive is used to prevent any strain of the soldered connection to the drivers. You'll want to do something similar. If you have a glue gun that can handle quick drying adhesive/epoxy, that's the best bet. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back