DENON DA-10 DSD - New portable DAC/Headphone AMP
Mar 31, 2016 at 11:53 AM Post #331 of 353
  Sorry to bring this thread back up, but does the DAC downsample DSD files (like the Onkyo/TEAC unit) or is it true DSD playback?

I had this Dac and ended up sending it back. It lacked volume and bass for me. I changing it for the Oppo HA-2. Which I thought was much better.
Also offers true DSD playback.

Might be worth a look.

Mar 31, 2016 at 12:09 PM Post #332 of 353
Haven't used it in a while, but I found the DAC part to be good, the amp not as much. Did run it into another amp when I used it. Never tried DSD. Now pretty much use my Geek Out Special Edition/Regen/MicroZOTL2 for my PC, love it (not a bargain set up, though)!

Apr 17, 2016 at 9:23 AM Post #334 of 353
I for one truly respect the denon AL32 technology. To me the issue that members have, and rightly so, is all due to poor headphone amp section. I find the denon AL32 feature to produce a sound that is very round and non-fatiguing. It sounds quiet similar to chord mojo. 

I recently had a chance to try a much more expensive denon product which used the same technology in a large scale. It sounded as best as I heard, for my taste.

If I was into stacking I see myself use denon with objective 2. Sadly where DA10 fails is how it deals with IEM. This is why I dont use it as much as I like to. 

May 3, 2016 at 5:51 PM Post #335 of 353
Wait, why wouldn't the DA-10 perform "true" DSD playback?

confused.gif

Oct 14, 2016 at 12:06 AM Post #339 of 353
Does the DAC get bypassed when using the AUX input? Is the only way to engage the DAC is to utilize the USB/DAC connection? I was hoping to pair this with the Denon D600 and my Samsung Note 5.

Jan 28, 2017 at 5:41 AM Post #342 of 353
Just managed to pick up one directly from Denon on eBay (or so the listing said) wanted a cheap dac and it had to have external power or battery and at that price I couldn't really say no. We'll see if they've fixed any of the quirks :wink:

Jan 28, 2017 at 2:03 PM Post #345 of 353
I'm going to use it mainly as a DAC plugged into a little dot 1+ not what I intended to buy but was just a bargain I felt at that price. Looking to buy some new headphones and have a bit more cash available now. My shure se535s are what I listen to for around 10hrs a day but thinking about some fostex t20-40-50rps and wanted some more grunt if needed and I'm hoping as it runs of battery it will sort out the noise coming from my USB. Should be here Tuesday so we'll see. As you said I can always add the iematch if I need to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back