Denon D7100?!
Aug 14, 2013 at 4:12 AM Post #1,846 of 1,920
Quote:
That's great, I'm happy for you.
smily_headphones1.gif

It was a horrible move. Due to their poor sales, I hope it doesn't mean Denon abandons the market. They can do better, as evidenced by the previous generation.

It is quite contradicting statement. You say that due to poor sale they changed the product line.

With the new line of products and strategy they are selling hundreds of them in UK due to good pricing and overall package (check ebay auction and number sold - 3 digit values) hence the change has worked as a business plan but you still say that they should go back to old ways by referring to their previous products as a desired future direction even tough just few words earlier you said that previous line of products was cause of all the problems in the first place as it was hindered by poor sales.. BTW I do not know where are you taking, all this internal to Denon, information from and stating them as something obvious and well known, but that is not the point.

I am sorry this is just pure exercise in logic or rather lack of logic in your post rather then saying that I agree or not about any of it in terms of poor or not sales of any of their products.

Aug 14, 2013 at 5:07 AM Post #1,847 of 1,920
It is quite contradicting statement. You say that due to poor sale they changed the product line.

No, that wasn't what I said at all. I'm saying their sales are poor right now, compared with the previous generation, and hopefully it doesn't kill off their desire to make headphones completely, because at one time they were exceptional.

Aug 14, 2013 at 5:25 AM Post #1,849 of 1,920
Hey Croozer I see in your sig you have the Burson HA 160DS, how does it pair up with the D7100s?  I've heard pretty good things about Burson amps and this headphone in particular especially with the Soloist.

The Burson works great with low impedance cans such as my D7000 and D7100, I am happy with it.

Aug 14, 2013 at 7:38 AM Post #1,850 of 1,920
I'm glad I did not follow your advice because I love my D7100's.

He also suggested you and others to listen to "more" headphones :), that I buy that from my experience.
And I am glad that I returned my D7100

Aug 14, 2013 at 4:17 PM Post #1,851 of 1,920
Quote:

He also suggested you and others to listen to "more" headphones :), that I buy that from my experience.And I am glad that I returned my D7100

He's got the D7000 as well to compare to, what else do you want him to listen?  Judging by the signature, he likes closed back headphones.....  

Big thumbs up to you for returning yours so we can get them at a discounted price!  People these days....

Aug 14, 2013 at 7:40 PM Post #1,852 of 1,920
nothing wrong with the D7100 IMO. I happen to think it's the best sounding headphone driven right off my iPhone 5 or iPod Touch 5th gen. Can't say the same for the D7000. People are using it wrong. :D

Aug 14, 2013 at 10:42 PM Post #1,853 of 1,920
Can't agree there, I've heard many headphones that are much more capable with low-gain devices. The previously mentioned Fostex TH-600s, I use them directly out of my iPhone, the previous generation Denons are better, most Grado headphones are better, Beyerdynamic T5ps are better, V-Moda M-100s are better, the Creative Aurvana Live are better, and they're less than $100... the list goes on.

He's got the D7000 as well to compare to, what else do you want him to listen?  Judging by the signature, he likes closed back headphones.....  

Big thumbs up to you for returning yours so we can get them at a discounted price!  People these days....

He's talking about comparing them to other $800-1000 headphone brands, several of them. Buying anything that expensive based on internet opinion and no practical testing, is foolish.

Aug 14, 2013 at 11:57 PM Post #1,854 of 1,920
He also suggested you and others to listen to "more" headphones :), that I buy that from my experience.And I am glad that I returned my D7100

I can afford any headphone on the market but I prefer the Denon sound signature, I don't know why you feel it necessary to announce you returned your Denon's,

As Digital Underground says: DOWHATCHULIKE.

Aug 15, 2013 at 12:34 AM Post #1,855 of 1,920
I can afford any headphone on the market but I prefer the Denon sound signature, I don't know why you feel it necessary to announce you returned your Denon's,

As Digital Underground says: DOWHATCHULIKE.

Why do you feel it's necessary to tell people you like them? These cans are very polarizing, either love em or hate em, and they measure very poorly, so it's best to let people know to tread carefully. They aren't for everyone, to put it lightly.

Aug 15, 2013 at 1:50 AM Post #1,856 of 1,920
Quote:
Can't agree there, I've heard many headphones that are much more capable with low-gain devices. The previously mentioned Fostex TH-600s, I use them directly out of my iPhone, the previous generation Denons are better, most Grado headphones are better, Beyerdynamic T5ps are better, V-Moda M-100s are better, the Creative Aurvana Live are better, and they're less than $100... the list goes on.
He's talking about comparing them to other $800-1000 headphone brands, several of them. Buying anything that expensive based on internet opinion and no practical testing, is foolish.

Have you ever stopped to wonder that different headphones are meant for different music preferences?  Have you ever stopped to think about that people might prefer a particular genre over another?  Not everyone likes what you like stop trying to imply your preferences to other peoples'.  On another note, some people do not have access to high end headphones where they live so they HAVE TO order online.  I live in Chicago and there is only one store here that even sells Hi-Fi audio equipment let alone a small town in the middle of nowhere.  

Aug 15, 2013 at 1:52 AM Post #1,857 of 1,920
Quote:
Why do you feel it's necessary to tell people you like them? These cans are very polarizing, either love em or hate em, and they measure very poorly, so it's best to let people know to tread carefully. They aren't for everyone, to put it lightly.

Same thing can be said for Grados.  You either love them or hate them because of their signature tone.  You can suggest for people to beware, but what you are doing is trashing a model of headphones just because you feel its "necessary" because you do not like them.

Also, I do not know how many people have seen this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYTlN6wjcvQ  but MAJORITY of the posters on here should take a look at it if they haven't.  

Aug 15, 2013 at 3:53 AM Post #1,858 of 1,920
Quote:
Same thing can be said for Grados.  You either love them or hate them because of their signature tone.  You can suggest for people to beware, but what you are doing is trashing a model of headphones just because you feel its "necessary" because you do not like them. 

Also, I do not know how many people have seen this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYTlN6wjcvQ
  but MAJORITY of the posters on here should take a look at it if they haven't.  

Yes, they should watch that video, it details information about the trouble with harmonic distortion, which the D7100s have in abundance.

Quote:
Have you ever stopped to wonder that different headphones are meant for different music preferences?  Have you ever stopped to think about that people might prefer a particular genre over another?  Not everyone likes what you like stop trying to imply your preferences to other peoples'.  On another note, some people do not have access to high end headphones where they live so they HAVE TO order online.  I live in Chicago and there is only one store here that even sells Hi-Fi audio equipment let alone a small town in the middle of nowhere.  

Even I know of 3 audio shops in Chicago that sell premium headphones; Hi-Fi Video, Decibel, and Chicago Stereo.

Clear headphones enhance all music, not just specific styles. The more "color" that a headphone adds, the further away you're getting from what the artist recorded. That's a bloody fact. Listening with distorted headphones, like the Denon D7100s, is like looking at the world around you with dirty eyeglasses. You're missing parts of the sound, that's it, plain and simple. These aren't $900 headphones, ever, never ever. No headphone over $200 should produce 5% distortion plateaus. EVER. In my experienced opinion, and I have over 20 years of it in audio, they aren't worth the mahogany, aluminum, and plastic used to make them.

This isn't about me simply deciding I don't like these headphones. Period. I voice my objections about them because objectively they're terrible, not because I have a vendetta against Denon, I loved their previous series, I recommended them like crazy around here. I don't want any first time high-end headphone buyer to stumble into these and think they're supposed to be great gear, to allow that would be a disservice to this community. That's the bottom line.

Aug 15, 2013 at 5:04 AM Post #1,859 of 1,920
Quote:
Yes, they should watch that video, it details information about the trouble with harmonic distortion, which the D7100s have in abundance.

Even I know of 3 audio shops in Chicago that sell premium headphones; Hi-Fi Video, Decibel, and Chicago Stereo.

Clear headphones enhance all music, not just specific styles. The more "color" that a headphone adds, the further away you're getting from what the artist recorded. That's a bloody fact. Listening with distorted headphones, like the Denon D7100s, is like looking at the world around you with dirty eyeglasses. You're missing parts of the sound, that's it, plain and simple. These aren't $900 headphones, ever, never ever. No headphone over $200 should produce 5% distortion plateaus. EVER. In my experienced opinion, and I have over 20 years of it in audio, they aren't worth the mahogany, aluminum, and plastic used to make them.

This isn't about me simply deciding I don't like these headphones. Period. I voice my objections about them because objectively they're terrible, not because I have a vendetta against Denon, I loved their previous series, I recommended them like crazy around here. I don't want any first time high-end headphone buyer to stumble into these and think they're supposed to be great gear, to allow that would be a disservice to this community. That's the bottom line.

Since you feel so strongly about these headphones being crap, why not write a letter to the company. I think that would get you more satisfaction than just responding negatively to every person who likes the headphones on this form. We all come here to connect with other people who have the same passion as us. Many people dont have friends/family who are interested in this topic so this form gives people a chance to connect with like minded people. Generally I have found people who love listen to music as kind and friendly specially the ones who listen to music through headphones. Listening to music through headphones means something (generally it means you are a kind and considerate person who puts the needs of others before self).

Aug 15, 2013 at 3:19 PM Post #1,860 of 1,920
Quote:
Since you feel so strongly about these headphones being crap, why not write a letter to the company. I think that would get you more satisfaction than just responding negatively to every person who likes the headphones on this form. We all come here to connect with other people who have the same passion as us. Many people dont have friends/family who are interested in this topic so this form gives people a chance to connect with like minded people. Generally I have found people who love listen to music as kind and friendly specially the ones who listen to music through headphones. Listening to music through headphones means something (generally it means you are a kind and considerate person who puts the needs of others before self).

But Denon targeted new audiences, the beats lovers not the audiophiles. ... and that's where they failed.

So really no point to write them a letter as an audiophile,, move on guys experts ^ ^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back