Denon D7100?!
Apr 11, 2013 at 4:05 PM Post #1,501 of 1,920
Hmmm This thread is almost intimidating.... I own them and like them a lot.... Maybe it has spiraled or something...even an innocent comment I made about someone realizing that these were better than Beats (where I even said that he knew no better) seemed to be taken as me comparing them to Beats. It was just an anecdote, but proof that there is a lot of heat on this thread. I haven't been on many others....I hope it isn't all like this... I am going to splurge on another pair on high ends...so hopefully I can find somewhere on this site where I can find some advice. I am splurging as I want to and can, not because I don't like the 7100's. I really like them. Everyone seems a bit uptight...you know... Anyway, for whatever it is worth....I wont say anything more on this thread, no offense meant... My Final Word is that even though I paid top UK RETAIL £999GBP... I am really happy with these headphones, it is a pleasure every single day.

Apr 11, 2013 at 4:58 PM Post #1,502 of 1,920
He say "Canadian411 is a sassy girl". What now? :)

Its all about personal preferences boys and girls. If someone makes an input in this post and its about outstanding soundstage, extended beautifull highs and great music overall which this headphones will give you, you can't popup every time like Magick Man does and laugh out loud youre hearing, preferences etc...

Like almost every new and expensive headphones they are "the subject of dispute" but im telling you all: Denons D7100 will be favorite headphones many many headphone fans.
And talking about value of this headphones.. No headphones should cost more than 500$ and especially not HD800 which sould cost half of a price D7100 or D5000 just because of my personal preferences! But to be honest they sound poor...

I'm not sure what you're saying, it's difficult to translate, but are you inferring that D7100s are twice as good as Sennheiser HD800s? :confused: You can't be serious.

Apr 11, 2013 at 5:45 PM Post #1,504 of 1,920
Quote:
I'm not sure what you're saying, it's difficult to translate, but are you inferring that D7100s are twice as good as Sennheiser HD800s?
confused.gif
You can't be serious.

I would give you my honest opinion. HD800 dont have the same bass response like the D7100. Actually the HD800 seems to lack a lot of bass. Personally I am not a bass-head so I dont miss it so much. When it comes to soundstage I think D7100 are one of the best if not the best closed headphone. It is the best portable/closed headphone for the iphone/ipad full stop. They (D7100) sound amazing straight out of the iphone. But I have to say that in my case I returned mine because the bass was too much sometimes. HD800 need a whole setup (DAC/AMP) to bring out the best sound quality out of them. You cant really take the HD800 on a plane unless you dont mind people complaining about your music. Also the fact that you cant hook up your HD800 straight into an iphone is a big drawback. Dont believe the hype about HD800 it is just like any other good headphone (that is to say its a headphone and not some magic pill). I would have kept the D7100 if the bass was not so strong. The only issue that the D7100 has is how it presents its vocals and mids they are both a bit recessed. However I say that comparing them to the Hifiman HE500 which is excellent in vocals/mids. I loved the high's on the D7100 I would say its one of its strongest points along with the bass. So i conclude that the D7100 do a wonderful job with the bass,soundstage,portability,high's it lacks in the mid's/vocal department. HD800 are not portable,dont really do bass, need expensive stuff to run them, but the rest is really good. Hope that help a bit.

Apr 11, 2013 at 6:54 PM Post #1,507 of 1,920
Indeed, HD800s are not basshead cans and would never be recommended if that's a person's #1 priority. The Audeze LCD-2s are what a person wants if they're looking for a high-end headphone with amazing bass, but little else. They have great THD numbers and aren't muddy at all, unlike others.

Apr 11, 2013 at 8:24 PM Post #1,508 of 1,920
Quote:
I'm not sure what you're saying, it's difficult to translate, but are you inferring that D7100s are twice as good as Sennheiser HD800s?
confused.gif
You can't be serious.

Just leave her alone and move on MagickMan, you had D7100 and HD800, we all know about these headphones.
I don't own Stax SR-009 yet but I know it's in different league, just like they are "in mid-fi pool" ^ ^...

Apr 11, 2013 at 8:32 PM Post #1,509 of 1,920
Quote:
HD800  has strong, very realistic mid bass, and below it's so so. May not be what every bass head are looking for.

I personally think HD800 has enough bass, I know compare to my D7000, LCD2 or UE8 it has lot less but still it's not like the bass is missing.

Apr 12, 2013 at 2:44 AM Post #1,511 of 1,920
Quote:
Indeed, HD800s are not basshead cans and would never be recommended if that's a person's #1 priority. The Audeze LCD-2s are what a person wants if they're looking for a high-end headphone with amazing bass, but little else. They have great THD numbers and aren't muddy at all, unlike others.

OK! That's the kind of thing that I can digest, perfect. Not over complicated, a comparison to something I already know and confirming of the research that I have already done. I will get off this thread, and start hanging around the LCD-2 thread, amazing Bass but little else...

Thanks Magick Man, steering me in a direction at least. That is after all why I am here, to be steered in directions that will only improve my knowledge base and the decisions I make when I buy my next headphones.

I am always a work in progress, and personally I find your post very helpful and it actually constructive with regards to what people seem to be saying a lot, which is there is much better to be had than the D7100's...but people do not seem to be offering up too much in this department, there is a lot of slating of these headphones (D7100's), which is fine, but not constructive. Your comment there, that is constructive for someone new to the really high end. Yes I love Bass...but I do like other stuff too, so maybe not the LCD-2's.....but you have given me somewhere to start, THANKS!

Apr 12, 2013 at 10:10 AM Post #1,512 of 1,920
Hahaha! I hope no one is going to believe that crap! :) D7100 dont need headphone amp at all so maybe thats why vendors does not like them so much. No business no cash no Magic :)
In 300 hour burn-in process these are not perfect headphones but pros wins the cons for sure and i will nnever regret spending 450[size=small]£ on them :)[/size]

Apr 12, 2013 at 10:29 AM Post #1,513 of 1,920
Quote:
Hahaha! I hope no one is going to believe that crap! :) D7100 dont need headphone amp at all so maybe thats why vendors does not like them so much. No business no cash no Magic :)

I do really like the headphones, I really really like them, however I don't think that they are the last word, or at least I hope they are not...my new hobby will have a short life if I managed to nail it with my first pair of High End Headphones.

I just like people like Warren who are super constructive and helpful, or anyone that takes my hand like a Gentleman, or Woman and says "OK so you like those, cool, I understand what sort of sound you like at least, however you can do better  you know, and I only know through experience, but have you thought about perhaps trying or buying xxxxxxx"

That is why I am here, to keep improving, there are so many subjective reviews that I get lost, and I am afraid that due to my work I am unlikely to get to meets, so I rely on kind Head Fi'ers to simply help me.

I have no doubt that there are better out there, but at the moment these are the best I have ever heard...I just want the naysayers to not just say nay, but to say what is YAY also....

I have had but one clue really, and I do need closed back due to the sheer amount I listen around other people...just one clue as to where I should go next...LCD-2's, as I really like my Bass...It is highly unlikely that I will hear headphones before I purchase them, so I just want really experienced people to look at my posts and consider them sincere and help me out, that's all.

These are my benchmark, and if people can point me int the right direction for raising that benchmark...then I won't waste money or time...people who slate these headphones MUST know better if they are slating them, either that or they have an ulterior motive, and although the board seems to get a bit personal sometimes, I don't think anyone is really here other than to help...

So yeah, to try and pull this back on track...I like the D7100's...WHAT IS NEXT...MONEY NO OBJECT...CLOSED BACK, PORTABLE, USE A COLORFLY C4 AS MY PLAYER....

Apr 12, 2013 at 11:23 AM Post #1,514 of 1,920
Denon D7100 is a great closed headphone you would be hard pressed to find something better. I think your journey has come to an end my friend if you are looking for closed headphones.

Apr 12, 2013 at 1:09 PM Post #1,515 of 1,920
Quote:
Denon D7100 is a great closed headphone you would be hard pressed to find something better. I think your journey has come to an end my friend if you are looking for closed headphones.

:) That made me smile!

Oh man...what a Bitter Sweet Concept...

Having said that I still enjoy them the same as the first day I had them, if not more...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back