Denon D7100?!
Apr 9, 2013 at 10:39 PM Post #1,486 of 1,920
Magick Man sometimes I also wonder looking at your profile what you are doing here with mere mortals. Shouldn't you be on your yacht somewhere in the middle of the ocean relaxing. Or may on a private island. Why waste your time answering pointless threads full of junior members who dont fall in line :bigsmile_face: .

What most audiophile with  such amount of expensive gear should do.

I'm just a guy, people make a much bigger deal about money than they should, IMO.

Apr 9, 2013 at 11:37 PM Post #1,488 of 1,920
No, you'd just buy D7100s with it, and that's just wrong.

Apr 10, 2013 at 12:01 AM Post #1,489 of 1,920
Quote:
No, you'd just buy D7100s with it, and that's just wrong.

What if I promise to buy a pair of HD800s 
size]

Apr 10, 2013 at 7:11 AM Post #1,490 of 1,920
Quote:

can i have some? lol

Work harder ! :wink: there are lot of people out there who need money to survive in daily basis.  I donate time to time to the poor, and I am happy that I can help them.

Don't be greedy :wink:

Apr 10, 2013 at 8:16 AM Post #1,491 of 1,920
I recently heard a friends Denon D7100 after about a 400hrs burnin and I have to say it sounded great. There is no denying that this a bass head headphone. I found the bass to be tight and punchy. The low notes really hit like a hammer. Found the highs to have enough sparkle without the harshness. My initial trouble was with the mids but on these I did not find them muddy or coloured like most bass-head headphone. The soundstage was wide and surprisingly good for a closed set of headphones. My greatest surprise was that he was using it straight out of his iPhone.

Apr 11, 2013 at 5:31 AM Post #1,492 of 1,920
OK, I can only be fully burned by now...

I know a lot of people don't, and I really must update my list as I have bought a fair few pairs of cans over the past few months to try and see if these things were worth the money...really it was the only way that I was going to satisified....make my own subjective comparisons.

In my experience, and to my tastes, I cannot beat the sound quality of these headphones.

I will admit that I have not bought any more really high end headphones, as for the moment I am so very happy with these. They tick all of boxes and in my opinion surpass so many other headphones that people bill as being amazing. These kick them into touch.

At first I was almost persuaded by this thread that I had made a mistake lashing out on these, but everytime I put them on, I am reminded that I most certainley did not.

Loved it the other day when someone with the most expensive set of "Beats" had a go with these.

He knew no better, he does now and has ordered a pair.

I have learned that this is all so subjective that sometimes reading things hinders rather than helps. I suspect my Colorfly C4 is helping too.

Will keep these and then buy another set of high end cans, 1KGBP + in May. For no other reason than I want to and to see if there is improvement to be had over what I consider to be excellent cans in the D7100's.

Yes.

Apr 11, 2013 at 11:11 AM Post #1,493 of 1,920
[VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbUuLsJMGw8[/VIDEO]

Apr 11, 2013 at 12:59 PM Post #1,495 of 1,920
Quote:
OK, I can only be fully burned by now...

I know a lot of people don't, and I really must update my list as I have bought a fair few pairs of cans over the past few months to try and see if these things were worth the money...really it was the only way that I was going to satisified....make my own subjective comparisons.

In my experience, and to my tastes, I cannot beat the sound quality of these headphones.

I will admit that I have not bought any more really high end headphones, as for the moment I am so very happy with these. They tick all of boxes and in my opinion surpass so many other headphones that people bill as being amazing. These kick them into touch.

At first I was almost persuaded by this thread that I had made a mistake lashing out on these, but everytime I put them on, I am reminded that I most certainley did not.

Loved it the other day when someone with the most expensive set of "Beats" had a go with these.

He knew no better, he does now and has ordered a pair.

I have learned that this is all so subjective that sometimes reading things hinders rather than helps. I suspect my Colorfly C4 is helping too.

Will keep these and then buy another set of high end cans, 1KGBP + in May. For no other reason than I want to and to see if there is improvement to be had over what I consider to be excellent cans in the D7100's.

Yes.

Why are you comparing $1200 headphones to Beats?

Also, I hope you guys understand that everything negative said about the D7100s are in comparison to other $1000+ flagship models. No one's saying that you can't enjoy the D7100s, or that your hearing is damaged or whatnot.

And sebna, Magicman did own a pair and returned them. You also do not have to own a pair if you get a good enough chance to listen and get impressions. That's what meets are for.

Apr 11, 2013 at 2:05 PM Post #1,496 of 1,920
Those expecting a similar sound to the D7000 from the 7100 are most likely to be in for a disappointment. They don't sound very similar at all. That's probably what happened to most of the elitists.

I myself just wanted a good portable option and for that the 7100 does a great job.

Apr 11, 2013 at 2:47 PM Post #1,497 of 1,920
Guys, this is the forum where you share your own opinions about the headphone gears.

If you want to start a flame war or intend to degenerate personal attacks go somewhere else. (I am not going to mention names here, that's inappropriate isn't it ?) 
wink_face.gif

Again, I did own the pair of D7100 and returned it because it wasn't my taste, just didn't justify $1000 price tag, not even $500 considering lot of mid-fi headphones that I owned previously.

If you still want to repeat the same childish argument again and again, please be my guest, I don't have time for this, have better things to do.

I am just helping junior audiophile/mid-fi people that this headphone is not worth it based on my experience.

Apr 11, 2013 at 2:56 PM Post #1,498 of 1,920
Quote:

He is saying D7100 is an upgrade from D2000, and a significant step up over the "Hip hop models circulating on late night infomercial". reminds me,, hhmmm, Dr. D-- bea--. ? lol.

I agree on this :)

Apr 11, 2013 at 3:04 PM Post #1,499 of 1,920
I wish more people would join this thread so we could hear something new about their experience with the Denon D7100. Frankly this thread has turned into a tug of war between few people (and I can count them on one hand). I would welcome some fresh perspective. All I know is I hate reading the same stuff again and again. I think at this point its hopeless for this thread and maybe it should be closed. 

Apr 11, 2013 at 3:29 PM Post #1,500 of 1,920
Quote:

He is saying D7100 is an upgrade from D2000, and a significant step up over the "Hip hop models circulating on late night infomercial". reminds me,, hhmmm, Dr. D-- bea--. ? lol.

I agree on this :)

He say "Canadian411 is a sassy girl". What now? :)

Its all about personal preferences boys and girls. If someone makes an input in this post and its about outstanding soundstage, extended beautifull highs and great music overall which this headphones will give you, you can't popup every time like Magick Man does and laugh out loud youre hearing, preferences etc...

Like almost every new and expensive headphones they are "the subject of dispute" but im telling you all: Denons D7100 will be favorite headphones many many headphone fans.
And talking about value of this headphones.. No headphones should cost more than 500$ and especially not HD800 which sould cost half of a price D7100 or D5000 just because of my personal preferences! But to be honest they sound poor...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back