Denon D7100?!
Jul 14, 2012 at 5:31 AM Post #751 of 1,920
Made me think of two words, "brown" and "nose".

Jul 18, 2012 at 10:17 AM Post #753 of 1,920
Incredibly bad design decision for an enthusiast point of view (mine). I understand catering to the young plastic futuristic street kids for the portable range, but for a flag ship model? Really Denon?

I must be insane, but not even better sound could make me enjoy these over the AH-D7000.

Jul 18, 2012 at 10:23 AM Post #754 of 1,920
Quote:
Incredibly bad design decision for an enthusiast point of view (mine). I understand catering to the young plastic futuristic street kids for the portable range, but for a flag ship model? Really Denon?

I must be insane, but not even better sound could make me enjoy these over the AH-D7000.

I feel the same. They 'll never beat my LALANO 7000 for me.

Jul 18, 2012 at 2:03 PM Post #757 of 1,920
Jul 18, 2012 at 2:04 PM Post #758 of 1,920
Quote:

Me too, I don't really like the new plastic hamburger look like D7100.

Jul 18, 2012 at 2:08 PM Post #759 of 1,920
Quote:

These cups are beautiful, :)

Thanks. Can't wait to get my hands on those cups!
Good thing my wife doesn't read this!  
biggrin.gif

Jul 18, 2012 at 2:25 PM Post #762 of 1,920
Quote:

Thanks. Can't wait to get my hands on those cups!
Good thing my wife doesn't read this!  
biggrin.gif

I've learned that I should spend as much as possible on audio apparatus before I get marry.
tongue_smile.gif

Is that true ? (Shhhhhhh).
bigsmile_face.gif

Jul 18, 2012 at 4:02 PM Post #763 of 1,920
Jul 18, 2012 at 4:17 PM Post #764 of 1,920
Quote:

No way I absolutely love the white and ebony

Me too, I waited over half a year for these, they're finally coming in next week.
I have the rest to mod them as well, the Lawton mods (not sure if I'll use those on these phones) and angled pads and a Norse cable.

Quote:
Do you have any more pictures of those? If so please PM them to me. They are stunning.

Not yet, still have to install the Panamass on my phones together with the dampening mods and a Norse cable. I'm waiting till the other pair of D7000s (B&W Ebony) comes in so I con do a step by step compare and enjoy as well as appreciate the changes more.
I'll post my brief findings in a new thread or some LA7000 thread but feel free to PM me in a good month or so to get some more info or pics.

Quote:
I've learned that I should spend as much as possible on audio apparatus before I get marry.
tongue_smile.gif

Is that true ? (Shhhhhhh).
bigsmile_face.gif

You shouldn't get married in the first place.
One wife costs three lifetimes of audiogear, thank God for monogamy.  
biggrin.gif

Ah well, can't live with them, can't live without them.

Just a joke ladies, I love my girl more than anything.  :) 

Jul 18, 2012 at 4:29 PM Post #765 of 1,920
Didn't the Denon models come from Foster/Fostex of Japan?  Does anyone know if that's the root cause for such a drastic change in design? Maybe Foster stopped making the basic model that Denon would embellish to create their own. 

http://www.foster.co.jp/en_products/headphones/n448498.html these are like the AH-D2000s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back