Denon D7100?!
Apr 16, 2012 at 12:48 PM Post #136 of 1,920
The designs looks bad... NOT ORIGINAL AT ALL

Definitely look like a celeb headphone ripoff design-wise.... Sound signature, I do not know... I still want to try these D7100s for the sound, DEF NOT FOR DESIGN...

Apr 16, 2012 at 1:50 PM Post #137 of 1,920
I think it's a somewhat saddening that a forum full of audiophiles have complained for 10 pages about the looks of a headphone and, with the exception of a few people, no one has commented on how the sound might be upgraded or changed.

Or maybe I'm the only one here who considers headphone aesthetics dead last on the importance scale.  To me, when the headphones are on at good volume, sound great with your favorite music, and they're comfortable, then it doesn't matter how they look in the slightest. 

Apr 16, 2012 at 2:25 PM Post #139 of 1,920
Would you pay 700$ for this ugliness ? The sound would really need to be exceptional.

Why have the extreme ugliness to begin with, surely they have designers who aren't legally blind? Don't they?

Apr 16, 2012 at 2:37 PM Post #140 of 1,920
This is also a forum about hi-fi gear, many of us love music but we also love the design that a headphone brings. Take a look at the HD800, it's one of a kind and exquisite, yet still beautiful. Denon better up their game because demand is gonna fall.

Apr 16, 2012 at 3:03 PM Post #141 of 1,920

Quote:
I think it's a somewhat saddening that a forum full of audiophiles have complained for 10 pages about the looks of a headphone and, with the exception of a few people, no one has commented on how the sound might be upgraded or changed.

Or maybe I'm the only one here who considers headphone aesthetics dead last on the importance scale.  To me, when the headphones are on at good volume, sound great with your favorite music, and they're comfortable, then it doesn't matter how they look in the slightest. 

No one can hear them, so the only thing available for empirical discussion is how they look.

What if they sound awful too?!  At this point that is just as likely as they will sound the same or they will sound better than the current line.

Apr 16, 2012 at 5:58 PM Post #142 of 1,920
Still calling ********/vaporware on these.

Apr 16, 2012 at 6:25 PM Post #144 of 1,920
If they read this forum, they may start to reconsider. haha

Apr 16, 2012 at 6:44 PM Post #145 of 1,920
10 pages of negative feedback from many different members that love Denon, I hope they read this.

Apr 16, 2012 at 7:13 PM Post #147 of 1,920
LOL, I doubt Denon really cares

We're their most frequent customers and their ambassadors to the non-hifi world. They'd better start caring.

Apr 16, 2012 at 7:14 PM Post #148 of 1,920
Head-fi'ers will buy a headphone no matter how hideous the design is. Just look at how well the HD800's are doing.

Apr 16, 2012 at 7:34 PM Post #149 of 1,920
I've never thought the HD800s looked that bad.

Apr 16, 2012 at 8:35 PM Post #150 of 1,920

Quote:

Their styling makes it quite clear they're going after the Beats crowd giving the impression they're as concerned about sound quality as Monster was when they designed the Beats in the first place.  Plus there doesn't appear to be room for that pad sound dampening system.  I don't think these are Foster units.  If these come to fruition someone else might pick up the design from Foster, or them might start marketing them as Fostex phones.  And I still remain unconvinced that these are for real, those photos would have been taken at a trade show but still no other information about them?  

The HD800 doesn't photograph well.  It looks fine in videos but it's a bit of a mess in stills.  They also don't give that "colorful all plastic" feeling that a lot of other bad looking headphones have.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back