Denon D7100?!
Apr 14, 2012 at 12:17 PM Post #107 of 1,920

I got a say i could honestly not care least how they look. Why should you? I would guess any of us aren't walking outside with headphones as large as these.

That said, those in-ears and headphones do look hideous. Certainly was not expecting this from Denon. :/ Their headphones i have thought to look quite generic, not really in a bad away. Love their IEM's looks so got a hate that they have translated the "space design" to their IEM's as well. 

Is there other thread for the new Denon IEM's? Any info about them?

Apr 14, 2012 at 1:12 PM Post #109 of 1,920
I usually is not a kind of guy who cares about looks of headphone.. but seeing this D7100, and its predecessor the D7000, I really cant make out what was In the designer's mind, going from the classy looks of the D2000/5000/7000 to this one.. it looks like denon has gone mainstream on this one, ''celebrity headphone mainstream''....

Apr 14, 2012 at 1:48 PM Post #112 of 1,920

Quote:
I think part of the success of Denon line is because of the look. If you remove the neat design, they are less competitive.

I can see where you are coming from, especially if these really are going to replace any of the higher end Denon's i can't quite see how can they sell something that looks to be all plastic over aluminium construction and wood cups or similar. We are paying big sums from these so you need to feel you are getting something special. 

Personally i'm still most worried about those IEM's as those i would actually be wearing outside and i'm huge fan Denon sound so it would be pity that after classy C710, this is what we get when it comes to the shell.

Btw the talk i heard month ago seemed to at least have parts of it right.... other than the headphones side taking 360 from what he said.

I hate to be guy talking about random rumors, but was going to test listen D2000 on Finland's largest nerdy gadget/PC/sound shop, with me starting to talk about representative from the shop who was specialized on headphones. Had pretty mind blowing amount knowledge about headphone in general. Just like me, he also happened to had found home from Denon's in-ears and headphones.

Cutting to the chase he said that Denon is bringing big revamp to it's line up in summer. Replacing D2000 and D5000, with D7000 staying on as it is. There would also be two new in-ears. 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/350721/denon-d2000-d5000-md2000-md5000-appreciation-thread/1890#post_8230609

Apr 14, 2012 at 3:03 PM Post #113 of 1,920
It's not just fashion, you are more proud of what you own  if it's neat and well built.

This.

Design matters. See: Apple products. Beautiful aesthetics make the world more interesting to be a part of, whether it's clothes, cars, furniture, flat-screen tv's, headphones, et al. You shouldn't have to sacrifice looks for function or function for looks with a proper design.

Apr 14, 2012 at 3:22 PM Post #114 of 1,920

Quote:
This.
Design matters. See: Apple products. Beautiful aesthetics make the world more interesting to be a part of, whether it's clothes, cars, furniture, flat-screen tv's, headphones, et al. You shouldn't have to sacrifice looks for function or function for looks with a proper design.

I feel like Grado could be an example of it. The headphones look a certain way because they are built to sound a certain way. If you have to use the look you might as well own it and make it awesome.

Apr 15, 2012 at 1:36 AM Post #117 of 1,920
The sound quality better make up for its lackluster design... all I'm saying.

Apr 15, 2012 at 2:03 AM Post #118 of 1,920
Ugh... I agree these are pretty ugly. And even moreso whan compared to the classic design of the
D5k and D7k.

But yes, while sound always trumps looks... looks do matter, especially when pride of ownership is a factor, and price is great.
You don't want a Yugo, even if it could go 200 mph. You want the Ferrari or Maserati.

Apr 15, 2012 at 2:48 AM Post #119 of 1,920

Quote:
Ugh... I agree these are pretty ugly. And even moreso whan compared to the classic design of the
D5k and D7k.

You don't want a Yugo, even if it could go 200 mph. ...

The only way you can get a Yugo to go 200 mph is to drop it from an airplane.

Speaking of which...

Apr 15, 2012 at 2:51 AM Post #120 of 1,920
Even though I couldn't give a ***** what they look like to other people I still like to have nice looking headphones for personal gratification... For example the D5000/D7000 look all nice and classy whereas these new ones look terrible. I would certainly rather have the D5000 sat on my shelf instead of those ugly things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back