Denon D7000 in stock @ J&R
Jan 9, 2009 at 4:27 AM Post #61 of 75
Did you place you order when they were still showing as in stock?
confused.gif

Jan 9, 2009 at 4:46 AM Post #62 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by subtle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Did you place you order when they were still showing as in stock?
confused.gif

Yes and my order says it'll ship in 3-5 days.

Jan 9, 2009 at 4:46 AM Post #63 of 75
Quote:

What's the point in spending $420 on headphones if you're not going to drive them properly? Why would you not want to hear what your headphones are truly capable of?

I'm not a cable guy, so you'll never see me push those, but I'm a huge believer in quality headphone amplification...preferably from tubes. It's just a night and day difference, plain and simple. Try and make it to a meet some time and sample what's out there. You'll then realize why there are quite a few people willing to spend up to five figures on one.

I can attest to that. I just went from a HR TotalBithead to a HR Balanced Desktop Amp. I was absolutely FLOORED at what my DT770's were doing!!! The diffrence is huge, and entirely worth every penny IMO.
dt880smile.png

Jan 9, 2009 at 8:31 PM Post #65 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by jga01 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Peter Tyson should have stock in on Friday. I'm really looking forward to getting these!

...still nothing
rolleyes.gif

Jan 9, 2009 at 10:21 PM Post #67 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by kelvinz /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yeah I'm too pleased with their recent service either. I ordered a Leica camera that shows as in stock late Wednesday evening and it still hasn't shipped yet. I just got off the phone with the rep and he couldn't really explain why. I knew I should have gone with B&H. The camera would be halfway here by now.
frown.gif

Jan 9, 2009 at 10:32 PM Post #68 of 75
Quote:

Yeah I'm too pleased with their recent service either. I ordered a Leica camera that shows as in stock late Wednesday evening and it still hasn't shipped yet. I just got off the phone with the rep and he couldn't really explain why. I knew I should have gone with B&H. The camera would be halfway here by now.
frown.gif

Agreed.... Now that I've made my HD800 order with Headroom I'm almost thinking of canceling my D7000 order, the more I read about the D7000 the more it seems like they are almost exactly the same as the d5000's which many people say sound similar to the D2000.....
angry_face.gif

Jan 10, 2009 at 7:08 AM Post #69 of 75
Quote:

placed my order just before I made this thread and mine haven't ship either...
frown.gif

Quote:

Agreed.... Now that I've made my HD800 order with Headroom I'm almost thinking of canceling my D7000 order, the more I read about the D7000 the more it seems like they are almost exactly the same as the d5000's which many people say sound similar to the D2000.....
angry_face.gif

I think HD800 are likely to drop in price after some time or even available at less than retail at some shops right after introduction, why would you want to order at full retail?
confused.gif

Jan 15, 2009 at 11:50 PM Post #70 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by tseryan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I gave them a call and they said they are expecting more next week. I placed an order and they'll charge my CC when it ships.

Did they mention how many they're getting and/or about when they'll come in? I got a backordered email even though I place my order before it said they ran out of stock again...
frown.gif

Jan 16, 2009 at 1:06 AM Post #71 of 75
The D7000s have a NOTICEABLY different sound signature than the d2000/5000. Look at headroom's graphs, it's pretty obvious. And the balanced d7000 version at headroom might have perfect sound...

Jan 16, 2009 at 1:15 AM Post #72 of 75
i pre-ordered mine a day before they were listed as back in stock. they shipped soon after they were back in stock and i received them in the mail about 3 days ago on Monday (roughly a week for them to be delivered). haven't gotten a chance to go pick them up though since my billing address isn't the same as my actual residence.

it seems like the $600 deal is over though at J&R. i just checked right now and they've brought it back up to $999.

Jan 17, 2009 at 5:08 AM Post #73 of 75
I ordered mine on Jan 6 when it showed "Usually ships in 3-5 business days." Even my receipt says 3-5 business days.

I got a backorder email on the Jan 11 though with no ETA for shipping and the wait is killing me!

I just got my HD650 (from J&R) with a Headroom Desktop Amp...hopefully that'll hold me over till the Denons arrive.

Jan 21, 2009 at 11:19 PM Post #74 of 75
So I was checking my credit card history online and noticed that J&R charged me for the D7000 this Monday. They said they don't charge you until they shipped the item so I went to check on the status and apparently they were shipped already!!!

I didn't get a shipping notice email, so yours might be on the way without you knowing.

Jan 21, 2009 at 11:25 PM Post #75 of 75
mine were delivered today will post impressions when I get home!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back