Denon D7000 in stock @ J&R
Jan 8, 2009 at 5:19 AM Post #47 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by kelvinz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
argh the HD800's actually are getting released should I cancel my order and but the 800's when they ship?

Just my opinion but theres going to be a lot of hype about the HD800 for quite awhile. You'll be waiting for some time for them to first, retail launch, then drop to a reasonable price, then you'd probably like a wide range of feedback and impressions. During all this time you could be using the D7000, which you may even end up keeping. If you do infact think its worthwhile to upgrade to the HD800 i seriously doubt you'll have a hard time getting at least 500 bucks for the D7000 in a few months. Just love them gently
wink.gif

Jan 8, 2009 at 10:45 AM Post #48 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomy3555 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I only have the 5000's and I much prefer them over the HD650's so What's the 800's gonna do for me? Or is it just more hype

Are you serious? How could you or anyone possibly determine this without you first trying out the HD800 for yourself with your own equipment, or at the very least considering at least a few relevant and first hand opinions of the HD800? You already prefer your D5000 much more than the HD650. Couldn't that possibly be enough for you until then? Do you really need someone who has absolutely no clue to tell you that this is just more hype? Here's the deal. Some will prefer the HD800 to their current rig, and will not. And there's no way you're going to know or have a clue about your preference until then.

Jan 8, 2009 at 5:42 PM Post #49 of 75
All I "Determined" was that I like my Denon AHD5000's better than the HD650's. I did not Dis the 800's I just asked what they would do for me or were they alot of hype which is common in new releases. Every Sennheise 650 lover automatically assumes that the 800's are going to be God's gift to audiophile.
and with a suggested retail of 1600.00 + lets slow down and take some time and see what they really are like

Jan 9, 2009 at 12:19 AM Post #50 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by dmashta /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the denons are famous (or should i say notorious) for their bass so you should be very happy with them. they do require burn-in. out of the box, i found the bass too overwhelming but they did tighten up considerably over time. of course, some will still find it too much, hence the mods.

Well, i'm set then!
biggrin.gif

Modding to reduce bass....ppppfftttt....

This is just IMO, but regardless of music type, bass is always a good thing. Sure if it drowns everything else out, its useless, but good bass response is the FEEL, the UMPH in the music, even in classical why wouldn't u want to here those massive drums just as they sound when your actually sitting there in the concert hall?! I thought that was like....the goal of all this..Accurate sound reproduction to the "T".
tongue.gif

Jan 9, 2009 at 1:13 AM Post #51 of 75
Quote:

I hesitate saying too much because I have them on eBay as we speek and I don't want my personal preferences to influence potential buyers. I bought them because I had no other way to audition them otherwise and simply chose my denons over the Grados.As sacraligious as that is to many Grado Fans. I already expect to loose about 200.00 from what I paid for them just a month ago. Simply because I prefer the Denon flavour over the Grado does not mean that someone else won't love them. After all there are hundreds of Grado Fans out there that would give thier left nut for a pair of 1000's.

now that I've bid up your auction to a reasonable price in an attempt to win can you spill the beans on your personal experince with the GS1000 vs HD650 vs D7000's
biggrin.gif

Jan 9, 2009 at 1:15 AM Post #52 of 75
Quote:

I only have the 5000's and I much prefer them over the HD650's so What's the 800's gonna do for me? Or is it just more hype

I just wonder what are your source and amp when coming to that conclusion?

Jan 9, 2009 at 1:34 AM Post #53 of 75
My Denons were unamped. The Sennheisers, and Beyers were both amped using my Sony digital home theater system amp/tuner. Now I know it's not a Darkforce Tube anmp weighing in at 120lbs but my thought is that I am only willing to amp so much before it becomes a point of why do they need a super amp. and how can the Denons' make me feel so good un-amped but it takes a "Good" amp to make the Senns shine. I did notice a difference beween my low gain Grado RA-1 and my more powerful Sony but not enough to warrant a search for the "pefect Sennheiser" amp. If a can needs to be recabled or needs a great and powerful OZ amp then what did the manufacturer start out with.

Jan 9, 2009 at 2:04 AM Post #55 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by SVghost /img/forum/go_quote.gif
High end headphones and a Sony receiver as an amp? You gotta be hearing like 1/4 of what they can actualy do...

I think that estimate may be on the high side.
smile.gif

Jan 9, 2009 at 2:09 AM Post #56 of 75
My point being is What good is a product that sells for 599.00 (retail) which is gonna probably plumet now that the 800's are out if I have to spend another 200-1,000.00 on an amp and cables to hear it perform at it's best. When my 420.00 low impedence Denon's far outshine the uamped stock product. But as with everthing Head-fi "Sorry About Your Wallet" this is a dilemna which is unresolvable

Jan 9, 2009 at 3:07 AM Post #57 of 75
Quote:

My point being is What good is a product that sells for 599.00 (retail) which is gonna probably plumet now that the 800's are out if I have to spend another 200-1,000.00 on an amp and cables to hear it perform at it's best. When my 420.00 low impedence Denon's far outshine the uamped stock product. But as with everthing Head-fi "Sorry About Your Wallet" this is a dilemna which is unresolvable

What's the point in spending $420 on headphones if you're not going to drive them properly? Why would you not want to hear what your headphones are truly capable of?

I'm not a cable guy, so you'll never see me push those, but I'm a huge believer in quality headphone amplification...preferably from tubes. It's just a night and day difference, plain and simple. Try and make it to a meet some time and sample what's out there. You'll then realize why there are quite a few people willing to spend up to five figures on one.

Jan 9, 2009 at 3:22 AM Post #58 of 75
mine is coming next Tuesday...JR finally shipped it...Gosh...the stock normally ran out in 2 hrs...LOL...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back