Denon D5000, D7000 comments
May 25, 2009 at 12:06 AM Post #106 of 159
Quote:

Originally Posted by IPodPJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
N_Maher,
What am I in violation of? I wasn't aware that posting a mod for people was against the rules. But I removed the part about offering my services, since you say that is against the rules. Sorry for that. I certainly wasn't trying to break any rules, so there is no need to get upset about it. I am extremely honest and would not try to backdoor anyone, I was just mentioning what I would charge at such a time when I am ready to perform the mod for people, and at that time I would obviously apply for MOT. But you don't need to be rude and jump to conclusions or assume bad intentions on my part, and if you have no interest in this mod that's fine. I'm merely trying to help our community to have better quality headphones, not trying to make a living from it.

Call it whatever you want - you posted a giant add for your "product", directly compared it to its legitimate (paying) competition, and did so in multiple posts. That's a clear violation of the Head-Fi TOS. You've been around long enough to know better so I don't have to assume anything about your intentions. And if you really want to do something for the community how about leaving the pricing and hype out and just post the details of the mod and let others decide whether or not it's the best thing since sliced bread.

May 25, 2009 at 12:32 AM Post #108 of 159
Quote:

Originally Posted by RushNerd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone who points out Head-Fi TOS has been here too long.

Maybe si, maybe no. Thanks for your contribution to the thread.

May 25, 2009 at 1:36 AM Post #109 of 159
Quote:

Originally Posted by n_maher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Maybe si, maybe no. Thanks for your contribution to the thread.

Can you post a link to the TOS?

May 25, 2009 at 1:48 AM Post #110 of 159
Quote:

Anyone who hasn't been a contributing member here for very long (May 2009) shouldn't be posting without thinking through what they are saying. Ones naiveté can get the best of them in their haste to post and yours screams volumes. Oh "buy" the way, welcome to Head-Fi.

May 25, 2009 at 1:51 AM Post #111 of 159
Quote:

Originally Posted by les_garten /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Heh, what would you expect them to say??

They could have not say it at all.But its nice that they wrote it clearly.It was obvious anyway, but i like that fact that they state it plain and simple.It gives me more confidence into buying them knowing they're actually better then X.I know there is always the fact that i didn't heard em and and saying that headphones are good , is relative.
Still, if they wrote it , it got to be true IMO , what i mean is these HD will mostly be sell over Head-Fi so they cannot fool everyone here.
That being said... i think LA2000 is better then all previous !!
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by hadouken /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just out of curiosity, which of your headphones do you listen to the most at the moment and why are you changing?

Thanks.
smily_headphones1.gif

Im using PRO900 while working my mixes and when i want to FEEL and ENJOY the most my music.DT990 are more for long session when im selecting tracks out of radio shows , or for other genres that suit better with 990's , doesn't happen often but sometimes.One portable , and one for occasional classic trip !
confused_face_2.gif

Im not changing anything for LA2000 , i just enjoy having different kind of headphones so i can bring my experience and comparison in Head-Fi !m
tongue.gif
tongue.gif

I still cannot make big and very analytic reviews but i wish its gonna come over time and im counting on different kind of headphones to work my ears out hearing ........ all kind of stuff like some peoples do here !!! Its crazy i love it !!
tongue_smile.gif

By the way ... what is MOT and TOS ??????????

May 25, 2009 at 3:12 AM Post #113 of 159
Quote:

Originally Posted by velogreg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone who hasn't been a contributing member here for very long (May 2009) shouldn't be posting without thinking through what they are saying.

Sorry, already did.

May 25, 2009 at 4:12 AM Post #114 of 159
Quote:

Call it whatever you want - you posted a giant add for your "product", directly compared it to its legitimate (paying) competition, and did so in multiple posts. That's a clear violation of the Head-Fi TOS. You've been around long enough to know better so I don't have to assume anything about your intentions. And if you really want to do something for the community how about leaving the pricing and hype out and just post the details of the mod and let others decide whether or not it's the best thing since sliced bread.

You're right. I could have left that out and I wasn't thinking about that or I would have left it out. My judgement was obviously in error and I guess I need to re-read the TOS. The mods saw fit to delete my posts about my mod until I become a MOT or decide to let everyone do it on their own. I don't fault them for that, I just disagree since my intentions were honorable. But I don't feel it necessary for you to try to crucify me in public and make me look like a bad guy when I've spent countless hours trying to discover a modification that will be beneficial to all D5K owners. You're not a mod, and if you wanted to make me aware of my error in judgement, you could have done so with a PM.

I most certainly was not trying to take any "customers" away from Mark. I'm sure he knows this and you should too. Perhaps you did not read the parts of my posts that mentioned his mod was a crucial step and people need to have their headphones Markl modded prior to mine. I also mentioned that I'm sure he would want to add the mod to all of the headphone he sells. I don't screw anyone, let alone members of this community. If you can't see that, I'm sorry. I guess next time I'll have to think more carefully before I type anything here. Apparently enthusiasm gets mistaken for bad intentions.

May 25, 2009 at 4:22 AM Post #115 of 159
Quote:

You're right. I could have left that out and I wasn't thinking about that or I would have left it out. My judgement was obviously in error and I guess I need to re-read the TOS. The mods saw fit to delete my posts about my mod until I become a MOT or decide to let everyone do it on their own. I don't fault them for that, I just disagree since my intentions were honorable. But I don't feel it necessary for you to try to crucify me in public and make me look like a bad guy when I've spent countless hours trying to discover a modification that will be beneficial to all D5K owners. You're not a mod, and if you wanted to make me aware of my error in judgement, you could have done so with a PM.

I most certainly was not trying to take any "customers" away from Mark. I'm sure he knows this and you should too. Perhaps you did not read the parts of my posts that mentioned his mod was a crucial step and people need to have their headphones Markl modded prior to mine. I also mentioned that I'm sure he would want to add the mod to all of the headphone he sells. I don't screw anyone, let alone members of this community. If you can't see that, I'm sorry. I guess next time I'll have to think more carefully before I type anything here. Apparently enthusiasm gets mistaken for bad intentions.

Well, you did spend a lot of time talking pricing for different options. You did sound like you were selling something. You did quote prices. You quoted a cost for you to do the MarkL Mods also.

So were/are your intentions to make this mod public knowledge as was the original Markl mods? If so, post the procedure.

May 25, 2009 at 4:39 AM Post #116 of 159
I have every intention of posting the procedure as soon as I finish cutting out the final pieces. I can't really show assembly stages since the earpad portion is all in place, but I will show step by step instructions of how to do it. I will even create a template that you can download and print out to trace out the elements, but I won't have time for that until after CanJam.

For what it's worth, my girlfriend who previously thought the headphones were too sibilant before I finished all the modding now thinks they sound incredibly real.

Anyway, I'm going to get back to finishing this up. I still have many hours ahead of me.

May 25, 2009 at 6:07 AM Post #117 of 159
Quote:

RusheNerd, get lost. Seriously.

iPodPj, you were wrong and you know--or should have known--it. It isn't difficult to understand the TOS.

May 25, 2009 at 12:08 PM Post #118 of 159
Quote:

You're not a mod, and if you wanted to make me aware of my error in judgement, you could have done so with a PM.

What good, exactly, would that have done since you already had abundantly proven that you did not feel you were in error posting what you did? And you're correct, I'm not a mod, but I do know a thing or 2 about the rules around here and how they relate to DIY and MOT status.

Quote:

Apparently enthusiasm gets mistaken for bad intentions.

Again, you can mask your intentions how ever you like and try to play me as the bad guy here but it won't change a thing. Also, you should bear in mind that if you wish to promote your mods at CanJam you should be purchasing a table, not doing so from your free member table. Just in case you forgot there were rules at that event too.
wink.gif

May 25, 2009 at 7:58 PM Post #120 of 159
Quote:

Also, you should bear in mind that if you wish to promote your mods at CanJam you should be purchasing a table, not doing so from your free member table. Just in case you forgot there were rules at that event too.
wink.gif

I'm not promoting anything. I just know when the D5K owners hear it, they will want to do it.
At this point though I'm having trouble turning it into a permanent solution which is what I'm working on today. The foam needs to be bent from a strip into a ring, because that puts the proper angle on the foam. Carving the ring out of the foam didn't yield the same top-notch results. I was trying to make this work in such a way that it wouldn't need to be glued in place but I'm coming to realise it might have to be.

Provisus,
Well, no, nothing went wrong with the mod, but I do need a new pair of earpads and I need them here fast. I have removed them so many times that they have loosened up to such a point that it has affected the sound quality. If you know of anyone who has an extra pair, let me know please. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back