Denon C710 vs. JVC-Victor FX500
Aug 8, 2009 at 4:42 PM Post #16 of 138
Quote:

Originally Posted by jj94 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ok, thanks. I looked at some feedback of Appliance Best Buys, and most of it was negative, so I'll stay away from them. Beach Audio is out of stock with the c710's, so I'll email them about when they'll receive their next shipment. Thanks.

B&H Photo and Video has them in stock (per their site), but are not accepting orders until 9:30PM EST tonight:

Denon | AH-C710 In-Ear Stereo Headphones (Black) | AH-C710K

Aug 8, 2009 at 7:21 PM Post #17 of 138
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
well i take from the nameing denon think the C710 is below the C751 but im waiting for chris (cn11) who has both to tell me how they compare

C751 is oversea version of C700. Basically C751 = C700 + accessory.

Aug 8, 2009 at 8:11 PM Post #18 of 138
Quote:

Originally Posted by david1978jp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
C751 is oversea version of C700. Basically C751 = C700 + accessory.

If it's an overseas version of the 710, then why would they sell the 751 in the U.S.? And what do you mean by the 700+accessory?

Aug 8, 2009 at 8:28 PM Post #19 of 138
Quote:

Originally Posted by jj94 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If it's an overseas version of the 710, then why would they sell the 751 in the U.S.? And what do you mean by the 700+accessory?

The C700 and C751 are the same phones, it's just that the C751 comes with accessories. I thinks it's a carrying case and something else I can't remember haha.. The C710 is a new model which denon seem to have placed below the C700/C751. Take my comments with a grain of salt but after a rather brief listening session with the C710 I was impressed with them and actually thought they might be an upgrade to the C700 despite having the lower price tag I recall that the bass on the C710 is much better than that of the C700 and would rival or better the FX500 in that department as well. These two phones makes the IE8 bass seem synthetic. I'm quite sure the C710 had greater impact in the bass than the FX500 with a bit more PRAT. FX500 had the cleaner bass though.

Aug 8, 2009 at 8:53 PM Post #20 of 138
Quote:

Originally Posted by HONEYBOY /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The C700 and C751 are the same phones, it's just that the C751 comes with accessories. I thinks it's a carrying case and something else I can't remember haha.. The C710 is a new model which denon seem to have placed below the C700/C751. Take my comments with a grain of salt but after a rather brief listening session with the C710 I was impressed with them and actually thought they might be an upgrade to the C700 despite having the lower price tag I recall that the bass on the C710 is much better than that of the C700 and would rival or better the FX500 in that department as well. These two phones makes the IE8 bass seem synthetic. I'm quite sure the C710 had greater impact in the bass than the FX500.

wow HONEYBOY,the c710 has even greater bass impact than the fx500?i cant even imagine it because the fx500 has very powerful very deep bass impact way way better than that of the ie8 and the c710 has more impact?i think they are targeted to the basshead listeners.

Aug 8, 2009 at 10:05 PM Post #22 of 138
i am not HONEYBOY,but for me the ie8 is better than the fx500 for trance because the ie8 soundstage is massive and their is airness in the music that i have never experianced in the fx500,they make the trance tracks feel airy and alive and the wide soundstage help alot in placing each instrument in its right position.for trance and house stuff the ie8 are superb,but if only they have that great bass of the fx500...

Aug 9, 2009 at 12:26 AM Post #23 of 138
Quote:

Originally Posted by techfreakazoid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
HONEYBOY, of your IEM collection which do you feel works best for trance? What about the best synergy with the X?

Hey techfreakzoid, I don't really have much Trance in my collection. The Fx500 has really decent soundstage but like midoo1990 said the superior sound-stage and imaging and coherency of the IE8 would add a new dimension to trance. However, the IE8s bass output depends heavily on tips and insertion depth etc.... They have a somewhat pronounced upper bass when sealed in that I don't quite like. I have solved this issue by nit sealing them too much in my ear but then the bass becomes quite lacking for trance I'd presume. It seems as though bass extension and bass speed are inverses of each other and am not sure if the bass speed of these phones would satisfy your needs for trance. FX500 is a tad quicker in the low end and goes deeper than the IE8s though. I guess what am trying to say is that while these phones are great they might not necessarily be the best for trance. Perhaps someone else might be more helpful hahaha.

With regards to synergy with the X the short answer is that whilst the FX500 and X is an excellent match I just enjoy the IE8 and X much more when I don't seal them in my ear too much. I sometimes wish for a bit more energy but this combo puts out a very enticing and engaging listening experience. Despite the pitfalls in the bass department the overall coherency and Soundstage, headphone like imaging and textural layering of instruments and voices is rendered much better with the IE8s to me. Having said that, the FX500 and X combo would put phones 3 or 4 times it's cost to shame in terms of smoothness, clarity, bass and treble resolution inherent in its housing. Of the phones I've heard with the X my prefered combos in terms of overall fun are:
1) X + IE8
2) X + Denon C710 >= X + FX500
3) X + W3 >= X + triple fi 10
4) X + Se530 >= X + UM3X

Of course these combos are all great in their own right, this is just my ranking, others may think differently haha

Aug 9, 2009 at 12:32 AM Post #24 of 138
I like the C710 with trance, I do think the bass is faster than the IE8 and I know it goes much deeper. It doesn't have quite the same reverb of say a bass guitar pluck as the IE8, but close. But the C710 is much clearer. In stage width the IE8 wins, but in most of my trance songs, it is very close or unnoticeable, but in a few there is a big difference. The width also depends upon the source, as my sound card gives the widest stage and that is the source that has the biggest difference.

Aug 9, 2009 at 4:21 AM Post #25 of 138
Thanks for the great info, guys. In reviewing this thread along with jant71's C710 review thread and DTKZ's Bass ahoy! thread, it appears there are three worthy contenders in the trance genre with the C710, IE8, and CKS70. Haven't ruled out the FX500, but it sounds like the woodied FX500 has the timbre-qualities ideal for natural instruments/classical/jazz, while the IE8 is more geared towards synthetic beats/hip hop/trance. Does the C710 lean more towards the FX500 side? I need to listen to the IE8 to justify its 3X price over the C710. It's deja vu with the X vs. S9.
rolleyes.gif

Aug 9, 2009 at 6:34 AM Post #26 of 138
IMO the IE8 does very well with natural instruments and does also sound very good with electronic due to the soundstage. However, there is a large difference in sound signatures between the C710 and IE8; the IE8 has a lot of mid-bass and the C710 has a lot of deep bass with more treble energy. I prefer the sound sig of the C710, which is also clearer and has close to the same stage.

Aug 9, 2009 at 7:33 AM Post #27 of 138
Quote:

Originally Posted by david1978jp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They both sound good, but let me emphasize shortcoming:
My problem with FX500, it bumps upper vocal, sometimes feel "funny / not quite right"; even more strange, it lost details including mid and low; sure, it has deeper bass (kind of lonely bass) - imaging this, the sounds dip/fall from mid directly into low bass, like a gap. The high is slightly harsh, which I can not listen more than an hour.

WOW... I listen to my HP-FX500's "all day long" half the time, and don't have the problem with the treble that folks are experiencing. I'm curious how much burn in folks have?? I have well in excess of 500 hours...

BTW, I listen almost exclusively to electronic music, with the odd set of Dance Punk, Industrial, and Pop thrown in...

Aug 9, 2009 at 7:34 AM Post #28 of 138
instruments on the ie8 doesnt feel natural to me because they have veil and they sound thick like something is blocking them.the fx500 excels well in this department and the instruments feel so natural and clear.maybe HONEYBOY can help me in elaboration because i am not that good at it
biggrin.gif

Aug 9, 2009 at 11:48 PM Post #30 of 138
Alright so I'm going to order the C710's from B&H Photo and Video in a couple minutes. But what ear tips do you guys think work the best with these?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back