Denon C710 vs. JVC-Victor FX500
Aug 8, 2009 at 12:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 138

jj94

100+ Head-Fier
So right now I'm pretty much set between choosing the C710 or the FX500, and I just wanted to set up a poll to help me decide which one to go with. Please vote, and give reasons why! Thanks.

Aug 8, 2009 at 1:34 AM Post #3 of 138
Ehh. I thought there would be more than that. I read up on them both, but since I'm new to this stuff, so I can't really tell which one I would like better from what I know now. Well...gee. This is a failure.
redface.gif

Aug 8, 2009 at 1:41 AM Post #4 of 138
Well with the utter death of my poll, does anyone have reliable and cheap sources to buy either of those IEM's?

Aug 8, 2009 at 2:32 AM Post #5 of 138
FX500 bass goes really deep and reverb which is hard to find on other IEMs in it's price range and only AUdio_ Technica ATH_CKS70 are one of those IEMs who does the same in bass region as FX500 do. On other hand Denon are more mid range forward IEMs with great bass extention and good highs. But to me Fx500 is more natural sounding, drums, Guitars and other instruments really shine on it and sound natural. It also has more highs with great mids so overall FX500 are well rounded IEMs.

Aug 8, 2009 at 5:02 AM Post #6 of 138
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZARIM /img/forum/go_quote.gif
FX500 bass goes really deep and reverb which is hard to find on other IEMs in it's price range and only AUdio_ Technica ATH_CKS70 are one of those IEMs who does the same in bass region as FX500 do. On other hand Denon are more mid range forward IEMs with great bass extention and good highs. But to me Fx500 is more natural sounding, drums, Guitars and other instruments really shine on it and sound natural. It also has more highs with great mids so overall FX500 are well rounded IEMs.

Is this info from reading about them or from listening to and doing A/B comparisons?

Aug 8, 2009 at 7:32 AM Post #7 of 138
I have to sort of disagree on FX500 being well rounded. No doubt FX500 has the best bass among all the IEMs I had but has some serious downside in handling high pitched treble. You will find some rock or metal songs with high tone guitar solo would be just unbearable to listen. Other than that FX500's one hell of smooth and mellow operator..I would definitely recommend to anyone who doesn't listen punk, metal often..also, it's cheap, too.

Aug 8, 2009 at 7:44 AM Post #8 of 138
They both sound good, but let me emphasize shortcoming:
My problem with FX500, it bumps upper vocal, sometimes feel "funny / not quite right"; even more strange, it lost details including mid and low; sure, it has deeper bass (kind of lonely bass) - imaging this, the sounds dip/fall from mid directly into low bass, like a gap. The high is slightly harsh, which I can not listen more than an hour.

C710 sound, overall bright; nice bass (layers of, which bass should sound like), higher bass also carry into lower mid, plenty details for mid; I won't call the high harsh, but it's bright. Maybe because the transition from mid to high is more "connected", it does not bother me.

Aug 8, 2009 at 7:52 AM Post #9 of 138
Quote:

Originally Posted by david1978jp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They both sound good, but let me emphasize shortcoming:
My problem with FX500, it bumps upper vocal, sometimes feel "funny / not quite right"; even more strange, it lost details including mid and low; sure, it has deeper bass (kind of lonely bass) - imaging this, the sounds dip/fall from mid directly into low bass, like a gap. The high is slightly harsh, which I can not listen more than an hour.

C710 sound, overall bright; nice bass (layers of, which bass should sound like), higher bass also carry into lower mid, plenty details for mid; I won't call the high harsh, but it's bright. Maybe because the transition from mid to high is more "connected", it does not bother me.

Yeah, finally a direct comparison with detail! I have been thinking of getting the FX500, but something has been holding me back. Your description helps more. I do agree with your assessment of the C710.

Which would you say has deeper bass, or are they similar? For example, I have the Mingo WM2 and C710, and they both seem to go just as deep, but the C710 is tighter and faster whereas the WM2 has more rumble and reverb (yet not boomy).

And if you had to keep only one, which would you choose and why?

Aug 8, 2009 at 12:32 PM Post #10 of 138
Oh, I didn't know that about the FX500. Well it seems like I'll be going with the C710's. I tried looking around, and I even checked most of the vendors that sponser Head Fi. I don't know if it's just me, but I couldn't find the C710's anywhere.

Aug 8, 2009 at 3:03 PM Post #12 of 138
Alright, thanks. By the way, is the C751 something I could possibly consider too? Beach Audio has it for less than $100.

Aug 8, 2009 at 3:18 PM Post #14 of 138
Ok, thanks. I looked at some feedback of Appliance Best Buys, and most of it was negative, so I'll stay away from them. Beach Audio is out of stock with the c710's, so I'll email them about when they'll receive their next shipment. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back