Denon AH-MM400
Oct 9, 2015 at 7:54 AM Post #811 of 1,435
Without ABX'ing, I really enjoy (5) different cans now; B&W P7, Denon MM400, Sony MDR-1, Oppo PM-3 and Sennheiser M2's.  When ABXing, I generally find the MM400 makes me smile when I switch to it from one of the others.  It's just a very natural sound to me.  To me though, these 5 are the tops in the $300-400 range.

Oct 9, 2015 at 12:06 PM Post #812 of 1,435
For me, I enjoyed the Oppo PM3 and MM400 for different reasons: the PM3 was easy to listen to ....laid back...great when you want that....

The MM400 was more dynamic and exciting...I could only afford one and that was the MM400.

The Oppo was a close second!

Oct 11, 2015 at 4:04 PM Post #813 of 1,435
Just a quick question guys, anyone tried these headphones with the Oppo HA-2 portable DAC/amp, and if so how is the combo as I'm thinking of getting one as I love the slim form factor and styling, will be used with an iPod Touch.

Thanks.

Oct 13, 2015 at 6:52 AM Post #814 of 1,435
Hi guys,

Long-time lurker here. I'm currently researching the best way to listen to music on the go - even though I know I'll never be able to fully replicate what my HD600 + tube amps sounds like, I'd like to get as close as possible: clear highs, smooth mids, strong bass and a wide soundstage.
Anyway, I'm currently considering the MM400 but I was wondering if anyone could tell me how they compare to the DT770 or the K550?
Does it require a portable amp? How well does it isolate from say airplane noise?

Thanks!

Oct 14, 2015 at 6:30 AM Post #815 of 1,435
Hey,

A question for everyone who also tried the Sennheiser Momentum 1.0 and/or 2.0:

Did you also noticed the MM400 are quiet loser on your head comparing to the Momentum?
I noticed it especially when I was walking or turning my head around (a little faster then you normally would do).

I’m very curious what your experience are with this (I call it): ‘the AH400 is a little loose on the head’-thing.

Oct 14, 2015 at 6:58 AM Post #817 of 1,435
Hey,

Did you also noticed the MM400 are quiet loser on your head comparing to the Momentum?
I noticed it especially when I was walking or turning my head around (a little faster then you normally would do).

I’m very curious what your experience are with this (I call it): ‘the AH400 is a little loose on the head’-thing.

i can only speak for me, but I like this loose fit.

Many headphones are like a vice. They hurt.

MM400 are great for ZERO hurt and keep noise out and keep noise in.

This does not help you, I realise. I will shut up.

Oct 14, 2015 at 8:36 AM Post #819 of 1,435
I'm with peterdc I like the looseness, I had the momentum 1 and 2 and they definitely grip a lot more after a few hours on my head my ears would start to hurt, but I do have big ears so take it with a grain of salt

Oct 15, 2015 at 1:40 AM Post #820 of 1,435
Hey,

Who else??

Oct 15, 2015 at 7:00 AM Post #821 of 1,435
I didn't really see a notable difference personally.  I found both the MM400 and the M2 to be pretty similar to my memory.  The M2 was slightly better in initial comfort, but the MM400 was by no means uncomfortable.

Oct 15, 2015 at 7:44 AM Post #822 of 1,435
The denons are quite loose which is nice for comfort but left their performance as a portable headphone not so great imo. That's why I use my pm-3's while out and about - much tighter fit on the head but still really comfortable due to the super plush pads.

I thought the denons were a little bit looser on the head than the momentum 1 and 2 and it was quite noticeable while looking down to change songs or something - the momentums wouldn't really slide down but the denons did.

Oct 15, 2015 at 7:50 PM Post #824 of 1,435
I don't feel my MM400 too loose; I feel all other HPs I've tried are less comfortable. The  PM-3 are very comfortable too but I've tried them briefly. The Denons are the only ones I can keep on my head for loooong time and focus on the music.

Oct 17, 2015 at 1:22 AM Post #825 of 1,435
I also feel the original Momentum around ear were tighter fitting but the Denons more comfy with their more loose fit. Either way, when I sleep with the Denons on, I usually just put the headband on a tighter setting so they grab on to the top of my head a little more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back