Denon AH-MM400
Dec 21, 2014 at 3:52 PM Post #16 of 1,435
http://www.denon.jp/jp/DocumentMaster_Manuals_Leflets/JP/AH-MM400EM_IM.pdf

Dec 21, 2014 at 10:01 PM Post #17 of 1,435
Are they shipping in Japan yet?

Jan 6, 2015 at 12:35 PM Post #18 of 1,435
Looks like these babies are finally set to launch!
beerchug.gif
  Retail will be $400.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/music/denon-new-headphones-music-maniac-mm400-mm300-mm200/#/1

Jan 17, 2015 at 2:35 PM Post #19 of 1,435
006.jpg

The AHM-M400's are now listed on the Denon.jp website!

The above pic is of the AHM-M400's new carbon/paper compsitie 40mm driver.

http://www.denon.jp/jp/Product/Pages/Product-Detail.aspx?Catid=LifestyleHeadphones&SubId=MUSICMANIAC&ProductId=AH-MM400#.VLq3OUfF-So

Jan 18, 2015 at 5:07 PM Post #21 of 1,435
Jan 18, 2015 at 9:16 PM Post #23 of 1,435
  Those earcups look mighty shallow.  Concerning....

Yeah, but the AHM-M400 is one of the lowest profile full-size over-the-ear headphones I've seen, so it should look pretty unobtrusive on even somewhat narrow heads (like mine). 
smile_phones.gif

The one thing I'm definitely not a fan of is the textured cloth that's used on the underside of the headband. 
Why, Denon, why?!
confused.gif
   That's going to get dirty pretty quick with regular use.

I was really hoping that the headband would have been changed to an all-leather design for the final production version but it just didn't happen.  It's not a deal-breaker for me but it's not something I'm very happy about either.

Jan 28, 2015 at 2:01 PM Post #24 of 1,435
Feb 15, 2015 at 11:47 AM Post #25 of 1,435
Had a good couple of auditions with these headphones now. For anyone who's interested, they seemed like a slightly warmer overall but a touch less bassy version of the b&w p7's. They're nice and comfortable and feel extremely well built, all solid metal and wood (fake or not, it feels very solid) construction (+leather for the pads and stuff too obviously). They look really nice in person though and don't stick out as much as p7's on the head too which is nice as well. Definitely good headphones though. Would certainly have them as a contender for ~$400 portable headphones if I didn't have my p7's already.

Feb 17, 2015 at 8:20 AM Post #28 of 1,435
Had a good couple of auditions with these headphones now. For anyone who's interested, they seemed like a slightly warmer overall but a touch less bassy version of the b&w p7's. They're nice and comfortable and feel extremely well built, all solid metal and wood (fake or not, it feels very solid) construction (+leather for the pads and stuff too obviously). They look really nice in person though and don't stick out as much as p7's on the head too which is nice as well. Definitely good headphones though. Would certainly have them as a contender for ~$400 portable headphones if I didn't have my p7's already.
So I have the P7's and am wanting to sell them off because of comfort issues. Would you class these as just as transparent in the mids or do they sound confused or muffled? I would be happy with it being less bassy but is the bass present, clean and fast acting? I have always felt the P7 bass to be slow and distorted at times. Any idea whether the pads are replaceable? Is there any creaking sounds or are these as solidly built as the P7`s? Size wise, other than being able to fold, do they look like a portable or like something as significant as the P7`s. I don't want them to be compact, and am hoping their ear cups are large enough cause it will increase the chances they sound more spacious. Sorry for all the questions, not getting them in Australia for at least another 3 months so may have to resort to getting them online based on impressions here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back