Denon AH-D9200 - 2018 Flagship - Impressions Thread
Jul 20, 2021 at 7:20 PM Post #2,656 of 4,391
I do think that they would be able to match the drivers, problem is they will most probably order new drivers, and replace both. But the headphone may come in sounding different from before because the new drivers do not ship with dampeners for the drivers...

I am really hoping things will be ok for you, I heard that 9200 sounds really amazing, but as I did my best to keep a honest input, Denon is basically at the bottom when it comes to customer service :frowning2:

New drivers only come in pairs

New drivers come as a separate assembly

You can replace them in about 5 minutes if you have the right screwdriver
Thanks, the technical service will repair for me, beacuse they are in the 2 year of warranty (they are just 6 month old). I hope that new drivers will ship with dampeners...

Jul 21, 2021 at 3:04 AM Post #2,657 of 4,391
Thanks, the technical service will repair for me, beacuse they are in the 2 year of warranty (they are just 6 month old). I hope that new drivers will ship with dampeners...
Sincerely hope they will get repaired and will be as good as new. I am a Denon fan (ahd-7200, Ahd-900 from 1989 still working perfectly and three amps 22, 20 and 2 years old) but I have no experience with their technical service. Good luck!

Jul 21, 2021 at 2:13 PM Post #2,658 of 4,391
I been curious about the TH900s as well, and I own a set of Th610s with which I thought I could upgrade the drivers.

I'm just listening to the TH909s at the moment, giving my brain time to burn in. I think they may still end up needing a little eq though.

Have you tried the 909s?
Yes, I've auditioned the 2 side-by-side before. It's been more than a year since I've tried the TH909, though.

From memory, I distinctly remember my first impressions of the TH909 - it didn't sound like the TH900 Mk2 at all. The energy, the prominent bass, the excitement, the slam.. all of that was sacrificed for a more linear, balanced, natural sound. It's not a bad thing per se, but I actually enjoy the TH900 Mk2 for all of its unique quirks; it's a v-shaped headphone done well, IMO.

Plus, I'm generally not a (huge) fan of open-back cans, so naturally, the TH900 Mk2 - with its EDM-friendly sound - would be the clear winner between the 2.

Jul 21, 2021 at 2:16 PM Post #2,659 of 4,391
So, the technical service will change both drivers that are perfectly matched? Then, no problem for me. Thanks a lot for the info.

Then, I hope the technical service receive the proper drivers... (to don't happen what Dobrescu George suffered).
Good luck with your AH-D9200; I hope that you get them fixed or repaired in the best possible manner. :)

It's a shame that you've had to endure such an arduous journey, especially since the headphones aren't cheap; plus, they are practically Denon's top-end model, so I'd expect a certain level of customer service to match the innate prestige of the product in question.

Jul 21, 2021 at 2:27 PM Post #2,660 of 4,391
Good luck with your AH-D9200; I hope that you get them fixed or repaired in the best possible manner. :)

It's a shame that you've had to endure such an arduous journey, especially since the headphones aren't cheap; plus, they are practically Denon's top-end model, so I'd expect a certain level of customer service to match the innate prestige of the product in question.
I think it has more to do with the (Spanish) dealer and not Denon itself. I would write a complaint directly to Denon if possible, or at least the Spanish distributor if things drag out too long.

Jul 21, 2021 at 5:36 PM Post #2,661 of 4,391
I think it has more to do with the (Spanish) dealer and not Denon itself. I would write a complaint directly to Denon if possible, or at least the Spanish distributor if things drag out too long.
Yes, yesterday I emailed Denon Spain about this issue. No answer yet.

Sincerely hope they will get repaired and will be as good as new. I am a Denon fan (ahd-7200, Ahd-900 from 1989 still working perfectly and three amps 22, 20 and 2 years old) but I have no experience with their technical service. Good luck!
Thank you very much, fellow countryman :beerchug:

Thanks. At first, I contacted to the shop where I bought them in December and they said to me that the only way to claim the warranty was to go to a local technical service that manages with TVs, sources, DACs or AMPs and all other electronic things... (I don't know if there are shops like this in Singapore, I suppose) and resulted to be an authorized Denon technical service.

Firstly, the local shop checked if the on-line shop where I bought the 9200s is an authorized Denon dealer (if not, I couldn't claim my warranty), and afterthat they told me that they have to contact to Denon Spain in order to know if my headphones are repairable or exchangable with another new unit.

Last edited:
Jul 21, 2021 at 8:00 PM Post #2,662 of 4,391
Yes, yesterday I emailed Denon Spain about this issue. No answer yet.

Thank you very much, fellow countryman :beerchug:

Thanks. At first, I contacted to the shop where I bought them in December and they said to me that the only way to claim the warranty was to go to a local technical service that manages with TVs, sources, DACs or AMPs and all other electronic things... (I don't know if there are shops like this in Singapore, I suppose) and resulted to be an authorized Denon technical service.

Firstly, the local shop checked if the on-line shop where I bought the 9200s is an authorized Denon dealer (if not, I couldn't claim my warranty), and afterthat they told me that they have to contact to Denon Spain in order to know if my headphones are repairable or exchangable with another new unit.
Good luck, I can't imagine a day without mine

Jul 22, 2021 at 12:39 PM Post #2,663 of 4,391

Well, thankfully, we have a local Denon distributor here in Singapore; although, I don't know what services they provide, outside of handling warranty claims, and the like. For example, I wouldn't know if any repairs are handled in-house, or if the headphones are returned to Japan for maintenance and servicing. In any case, I really hope that I don't have to face an episode similar to yours. I find that I'm way too attached to the AH-D9200 to spend anything greater than a week without them.

All the best, my friend! :)

Jul 22, 2021 at 3:53 PM Post #2,664 of 4,391
Just plain sweet.

Attachments

• 20210722_155114.jpg
    20210722_155114.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
Jul 22, 2021 at 5:57 PM Post #2,665 of 4,391
Well, thankfully, we have a local Denon distributor here in Singapore; although, I don't know what services they provide, outside of handling warranty claims, and the like. For example, I wouldn't know if any repairs are handled in-house, or if the headphones are returned to Japan for maintenance and servicing. In any case, I really hope that I don't have to face an episode similar to yours. I find that I'm way too attached to the AH-D9200 to spend anything greater than a week without them.

All the best, my friend! :)
If it was just a week... I suppose that I'll have again my headphones in a month (after I found the left driver issue) or maybe two months. That's because the headphones started to fail at the beggining of july, then I contacted to the shop where I bought them that reffered me to the other local shop (Denon technical service). I phoned the local shop and went there when my work let me time to do that...

The thing is the technical service close from 8 of august to the end of august and I don't think the drivers will be there by the beginning of august (and then the time to swap them and check all...) :slight_frown:

Jul 22, 2021 at 6:04 PM Post #2,666 of 4,391
Yes, I've auditioned the 2 side-by-side before. It's been more than a year since I've tried the TH909, though.

From memory, I distinctly remember my first impressions of the TH909 - it didn't sound like the TH900 Mk2 at all. The energy, the prominent bass, the excitement, the slam.. all of that was sacrificed for a more linear, balanced, natural sound. It's not a bad thing per se, but I actually enjoy the TH900 Mk2 for all of its unique quirks; it's a v-shaped headphone done well, IMO.

Plus, I'm generally not a (huge) fan of open-back cans, so naturally, the TH900 Mk2 - with its EDM-friendly sound - would be the clear winner between the 2.
I'm starting to see what you mean about the TH909. I was wondering if it it would grow on me but it's just too boring. It's neither fish nor fowl. By turning the TH900 into an openback it's lost the traits that made it such a good headphone, but it doesn't have the benefits of a truly open set of headphones either. I can EQ them to be a bit more exciting, engaging and fun, like the D9200s, or I could just listen to the Denons without EQ.

Jul 22, 2021 at 8:10 PM Post #2,667 of 4,391
I'm starting to see what you mean about the TH909. I was wondering if it it would grow on me but it's just too boring. It's neither fish nor fowl. By turning the TH900 into an openback it's lost the traits that made it such a good headphone, but it doesn't have the benefits of a truly open set of headphones either. I can EQ them to be a bit more exciting, engaging and fun, like the D9200s, or I could just listen to the Denons without EQ.
I was so looking forward to hearing the th900 at the RMAF 2019. And at least from my perspective it wasn't there. They had a th909 which I listened to and I wasn't that thrilled with it. Still waiting for an opportunity to hear a th900 or the Denon premium models.

Last edited:
Jul 22, 2021 at 8:21 PM Post #2,668 of 4,391
I was so looking forward to hearing the th900 at the RMAF 2019. And at least from my perspective it wasn't there. They had a th909 which I listened to and I wasn't that thrilled with it. Still waiting for an opportunity to hear a th900 or the Denon premium models.
I bought a 9200 without hearing it, and I've never been happier

Jul 22, 2021 at 10:41 PM Post #2,670 of 4,391
I'm buying all blind but used, so when It isn't a keeper You can still sell it for the same price or maybe loosing a little like 15%...
Today for acoustic performance I'm Happy with DX312 => Oriolus W107 => Oriolus BA300s => Portento Incanto => D9200
Btw It seems so analogue that I can't even describe it...

Attachments

• IMG_20210723_024347__01__01.jpg
    IMG_20210723_024347__01__01.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back