Denon AH-D7000
Mar 26, 2013 at 9:34 PM Post #6,286 of 7,457
How important is the money you'd gain by selling them? Do you think you'd get more for them now than you'd get for them down the road? And if you sold them and really wanted them back again, do you think they would be easy to obtain (or would you go for the TH600 instead of a D7000 at that point)?

Mar 26, 2013 at 10:08 PM Post #6,289 of 7,457
Quote:
How important is the money you'd gain by selling them? Do you think you'd get more for them now than you'd get for them down the road? And if you sold them and really wanted them back again, do you think they would be easy to obtain (or would you go for the TH600 instead of a D7000 at that point)?

The money isn't really too important, now or later.

If I sold them and wanted them again, they probably wouldn't be easy to obtain, but on the other hand, I prefer my Lawton modded ones to stock, so I would have to go through all that again. On the other hand, I'd probably just get the TH-900 because, in spite of my overall satisfaction with the D7000, I do have issues with even the Lawton modded version.

That last question is something I hadn't considered. Thank you, that helped put things in better perspective.

Mar 26, 2013 at 11:35 PM Post #6,292 of 7,457
I wasn't deeply impressed with the TH900. At that price point, I was expecting myself to be blown away but it just sounded 'quite nice' to me when I paired it with Fostex HP-A8C and Yamamoto HA-02. I found it too polite and refined to the point of being a tad boring. I have not heard D7000 yet but I found D5000 to be far more engaging and fun to listen with across all genres.

Mar 26, 2013 at 11:57 PM Post #6,293 of 7,457
I wasn't deeply impressed with the TH900. At that price point, I was expecting myself to be blown away but it just sounded 'quite nice' to me when I paired it with Fostex HP-A8C and Yamamoto HA-02. I found it too polite and refined to the point of being a tad boring. I have not heard D7000 yet but I found D5000 to be far more engaging and fun to listen with across all genres.

D5000s? I guess that's an indication of the sound you like.

Mar 27, 2013 at 4:14 AM Post #6,294 of 7,457
Quote:

I kinda feel the same way about the TH-900s  For me the D7000 is more fun to listen to.

Mar 27, 2013 at 4:24 AM Post #6,295 of 7,457
Really really apologetic if I had posted this before, but I'm like so close to dropping the full MSRP on a pair of brand new d7000, but lets see, I heard the d5000 and found it fatiguing in te highs and I think a bit muffled. It seems like from reviews the d7k could solve my problem. But the midbass response is stronger than that of the LCD-2 and hd 650 in terms of quantity and impact right, while being overall better than the hd650. But at its full MSRP comparing to the LCD-2 would I be missing out a lot?

Mar 27, 2013 at 4:24 AM Post #6,296 of 7,457
Really really apologetic if I had posted this before, but I'm like so close to dropping the full MSRP on a pair of brand new d7000, but lets see, I heard the d5000 and found it fatiguing in te highs and I think a bit muffled. It seems like from reviews the d7k could solve my problem. But the midbass response is stronger than that of the LCD-2 and hd 650 in terms of quantity and impact right, while being overall better than the hd650. But at its full MSRP comparing to the LCD-2 would I be missing out a lot?

Mar 27, 2013 at 4:24 AM Post #6,297 of 7,457

Mar 27, 2013 at 4:35 AM Post #6,299 of 7,457
up to you. 

i still think the LCD-2 has more midbass, but overall bass, theres more with the denons. the denons will be better than hd 650 and have more bass.

i don't think you'll be missing out on a whole lot.

LCD-2 = the better headphone overall when considering detail, frequency response, distortion, square wave bass response, transparency, overall, its the technically better headphone. its more neutral with a dark tonality, very nice clean sounding headphone with amazing bass, some of the best bass around in terms of accuracy and texture/detail

Denon D7000 = the more musical sounding headphone, funner sounding bass, alot more sub-bass, less midbass, sweeter midrange, better treble, more comfortable. not as accurate in the bass, not neutral, not as transparent due to slightly grainy highs. i got rid of these since the LCD-2 where just more refined overall, but i do miss the denons fun sub-bass and musicality as well as their comfort

its preference really, i kept the LCD-2 over the D7000 since i enjoy its presentation and i found my modded denons to be a little too bright for me, both are great headphones.

Mar 27, 2013 at 4:47 AM Post #6,300 of 7,457
up to you. 

i still think the LCD-2 has more midbass, but overall bass, theres more with the denons. the denons will be better than hd 650 and have more bass.

i don't think you'll be missing out on a whole lot.

LCD-2 = the better headphone overall when considering detail, frequency response, distortion, square wave bass response, transparency, overall, its the technically better headphone. its more neutral with a dark tonality, very nice clean sounding headphone with amazing bass, some of the best bass around in terms of accuracy and texture/detail

Denon D7000 = the more musical sounding headphone, funner sounding bass, alot more sub-bass, less midbass, sweeter midrange, better treble, more comfortable. not as accurate in the bass, not neutral, not as transparent due to slightly grainy highs. i got rid of these since the LCD-2 where just more refined overall, but i do miss the denons fun sub-bass and musicality as well as their comfort

its preference really, i kept the LCD-2 over the D7000 since i enjoy its presentation and i found my modded denons to be a little too bright for me, both are great headphones.

So weird
The LCD-2 has more midbass......
Maybe it's becaus enough heard the first batch?i said before on a certain thread that there are two batches of denons and the more recent on has more midbass (+5db over 1khz i think) while the older one has really polite midbass (-5db vs the 1khz) Go check out innerfidelity's website.

Geez, if I get the LCD-2 the price of Hp plus a lyr and a dac. Oh my family's gonna be soooo pissed.

Edit: Btw, what do you drive your LCDs with?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back