Denon AH-D7000
Dec 26, 2011 at 10:07 PM Post #4,831 of 7,464
I'm always surprised to see updates in this thread. I think my D7000 are the headphones that I've had for the longest time. I seem to swap all the others out fairly quickly, but held onto these. The closed design and slightly heavier bass makes most people think they're not going to fit a lot of genres other than electronic and hiphop. But those are the genres I don't really listen to. These are just so versatile they work well for classical, rock, and jazz very very well.

Dec 27, 2011 at 12:27 AM Post #4,832 of 7,464
I've only had them for a short while, but it's definitely something I've noticed as well. It really just plays everything well. It may have some that are stronger than others, but even its weakest genres still sound fantastic.

Dec 27, 2011 at 4:44 AM Post #4,833 of 7,464
So where can I get these the cheapest?  These actully cost 1600 $ new here in Norway, so I was hoping to get it a bit cheaper from US. I've seen these listed on amazon as "open-box"  for 585 included domestic shipping, I could get it from there, but then I have to use a forwarding company to ship it to Norway (expensive).

I also see that Darkmart have been mentioned eariler. They have it for 599 +32 for shipping. Is that a legit site?

Edit. Grabbed mine from amazon, used for 559 $.  The description said very good condition. So I hope this goes well :) 

Jan 18, 2012 at 7:08 PM Post #4,834 of 7,464
Hi guys, I have had my denon d7000's for a couple months now.  I think they're fairly burned in at this point. I was wondering if I'd be getting better performance buy purchasing a good but cheap amp like fio e11.  So far it sounds pretty good on my asus xonar essence stx, just wondering if the e11 will provide a much better listening experience, or will the improvement be negligible. I'm looking for a decent amp under $100.  Just not sure whether it'd be worth it to get the e11 or save and get something a bit more expensive down the road. Any advice would be helpful, thanks.

Jan 18, 2012 at 9:06 PM Post #4,837 of 7,464
I'm actually in the process of figuring out what dac/amp to buy for it. My old amp/dac broke on me. Admittedly it wasn't good enough for my D7000's anyways, so it was time for an upgrade (it was leftover from my old setup). In the meantime I'm using a surround sound receiver. :p

Jan 18, 2012 at 10:08 PM Post #4,838 of 7,464
The FiiO E7/E9 combo works great with the D7K.

Jan 18, 2012 at 10:25 PM Post #4,839 of 7,464

Quote:
The FiiO E7/E9 combo works great with the D7K.

I second this, not to mention at a great price point. Very transparent signature with E9 having tons of power to drive D7000 and then some.
Especially, if you are using a computer as a source, a good DAC is a must for clean sound.

Jan 18, 2012 at 10:32 PM Post #4,840 of 7,464
I guess my ears are bad, to me my E9 made the D7000 sound a touch sterile, like it sucked a little of the life out of them.

Oh well, different tastes, I guess.

Jan 19, 2012 at 4:14 AM Post #4,841 of 7,464
I use the Audio-GD FUN.  Works well.

Jan 19, 2012 at 12:14 PM Post #4,842 of 7,464

Quote:
I guess my ears are bad, to me my E9 made the D7000 sound a touch sterile, like it sucked a little of the life out of them.
Oh well, different tastes, I guess.

Like you said, I think it's a matter of taste and has nothing to do with bad ears :)
I like my sound to be color-free, which I guess can be viewed as sterile.

Jan 19, 2012 at 12:42 PM Post #4,843 of 7,464

Quote:
Hi guys, I have had my denon d7000's for a couple months now.  I think they're fairly burned in at this point. I was wondering if I'd be getting better performance buy purchasing a good but cheap amp like fio e11.  So far it sounds pretty good on my asus xonar essence stx, just wondering if the e11 will provide a much better listening experience, or will the improvement be negligible. I'm looking for a decent amp under $100.  Just not sure whether it'd be worth it to get the e11 or save and get something a bit more expensive down the road. Any advice would be helpful, thanks.

My advice as this is an expensive headphone to get the best source and amp you can buy. I would or could never use the Filo on this headphone. I look at the headphone as part of the total system and would be looking at much better products for amplification and it does not have to be expensive(Matrix M Stage) for 250.00 will have great synergy with a good source or look at the Matrix DAC combo or any of the other highly regarding combos that are affordable. The more you put into the D7000 the higher the reward and listening experience will be.

Jan 19, 2012 at 1:37 PM Post #4,844 of 7,464
I would or could never use the Filo on this headphone.

LOL, I have seen the FiiO stuff change the mind of many non-believers, but whatever works for ya. :atsmile:

Jan 19, 2012 at 1:41 PM Post #4,845 of 7,464

Quote:

I doubt a fiio would be much of an improvement over that sound card. If you're really interested in upgrading, I'd suggest saving your money up for some time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back